Why is it So hard to land the MI 8 - Page 5 - ED Forums

Notices

Old 07-12-2018, 05:04 AM   #41
AlphaOneSix
Veteran

Raising the ECLs has the same effect as raising the collective, just without increasing blade pitch. That is, increasing collective and increasing ECL both increase the engine's "internal" throttle. Note that with the ECL full up you cannot pull the collective full up. At least not on the real thing you can't, you'll hit physical stops on the engine fuel control unit. As you've probably already noticed, raising the ECLs will increase your rotor RPM. This is because you're essentially overpowering the main rotor speed governor in the engines. You should see your rotor RPM at around 97-99% with the ECLS full up and the main rotor speed governor resetting switch probably won't do anything.

In reality, the ECLs are only moved for testing the engines separately or in response to certain malfunctions. But it'a all good, you do you. I'm all for people playing the way that results in them getting the most enjoyment out of it.
AlphaOneSix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2018, 07:00 PM   #42
Havremonster

I used to love this module, but now it is almost impossible to land. It cant be "realistic" that the helicopter chras into ground with minimum of change of throttle.
Havremonster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2018, 08:24 PM   #43
thrustvector

its not impossible at al, just go slow and come to a stop near the ground, low alt, or come in for a running landing, not a lot different than a plane
thrustvector is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2018, 01:18 AM   #44
FragBum

Quote:
Originally Posted by Havremonster View Post
I used to love this module, but now it is almost impossible to land. It cant be "realistic" that the helicopter chras into ground with minimum of change of throttle.
I don't think anything has changed as far as the Mi8 goes, perhaps check you settings somethings may be incorrect this can happen with updates. However all the helis seem fine to me.

The Mi8 is just great if your having issues landing review you rate of decent verses AIS, if your out of ETL and or OGE you need to limit you vertical decent to around 1 to 2 meters/second otherwise you will fall out of the sky. Indeed for vertical decent if you keep VSI somewhere around 0.8 metre/second you'll come into a hover at about 3 metres just from IGE.
FragBum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2018, 03:30 AM   #45
msalama
Veteran

Yep, no changes that I can see either. Must be something wrong at your end.
Old 07-13-2018, 09:06 AM   #46
BitMaster
Veteran

Never needed anything but collective for all situations. Just take it s l o w

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk
Asus Strix Z370-E - Intel i7-8700K@5.2G_delidded - 32GB 3200/3600MHz - Asus 1080GTX-Ti Poseidon 2050/12006- 1x 960Evo 250GB - 2x 850Pro 256GB Raid-0 - 1 x 840 Evo 250GB PageFile - 2x Seagate 2TB - Heatkiller IV - MoRa3-360LT@4x180mm fans - Corsair AXi-1200 - TiR5-Pro - Warthog Hotas - Saitek Combat Pedals - Asus PG278Q 27" WQHD Gsync 144Hz - Oculus Rift VR - Win10Pro64 - Slave to the Machine
BitMaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2018, 02:48 PM   #47
Havremonster

Quote:
Originally Posted by BitMaster View Post
Never needed anything but collective for all situations. Just take it s l o w

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk
No matter how slow I take it, when it comes to a certain points the whole helicopter begin to shake and it's only down from there. Even if I try to give it some throttle again when the shaking begins. I use a Saitec X52 Pro, but as I wrote earlyer, I never had so big problem with it before.
Old 07-13-2018, 06:15 PM   #48
msalama
Veteran

Check your config, because the chopper definitely has not changed as of late, at least in the beta. Take it from me, about 2000hrs in the Hip already.
Old 07-13-2018, 06:39 PM   #49
msalama
Veteran

OK, despite of being the beery man of Northern Hemisphere at the moment, did a full startup plus a rolling takeoff, a rolling landing, a stationary/hover takeoff and a stationary/hover landing and I'm 100% sure nothing at all has changed with the burdie. You sure you've checked that config again?
Old 07-13-2018, 06:49 PM   #50
Havremonster

Quote:
Originally Posted by msalama View Post
OK, despite of being the beery man of Northern Hemisphere at the moment, did a full startup plus a rolling takeoff, a rolling landing, a stationary/hover takeoff and a stationary/hover landing and I'm 100% sure nothing at all has changed with the burdie. You sure you've checked that config again?
I just dont know what to check in the config LOL
I Only know I had no problem before the the releese of the Persian Gulf and the updates around that.
I will try to delete the config and make a new one and see if it helps...