MiG-19P Farmer "B" Status

Zeus67

@whoever massively deleted previous messages, "Reason: Not relevant to the thread":

By reading the posts, you would have seen that it was a discussion of the status of the MiG-19 at release versus other Razbam's modules and the worry that it would be incomplete.

So it was relevant, maybe not all of them, but a good part.

System specs: Win7 x64 | CPU: i7-4770K | RAM: 16 GB | GPU: GTX 980 Ti 6 GB | Thrustmaster HOTAS | MFG rudder pedals | SATA3 SSD | TrackIR

Videos would be nice :)

Apparently we won't have to wait too long :)

Will make a video Soon ...very very soon ;)

As I understand, there won't be training missions at the release, so we'll need some well-made videos to compensate ;)

EDIT

Although reading the thread a little further, they seem to say otherwise than Baltic Dragon:

Exactly, we planned to release this aircraft by 2018, and in fact all development goals were achieved BUT we decided to go further with art and also manuals, training missions etc, since this is going out as a complete module.

Edited by Redglyph

System specs: Win7 x64 | CPU: i7-4770K | RAM: 16 GB | GPU: GTX 980 Ti 6 GB | Thrustmaster HOTAS | MFG rudder pedals | SATA3 SSD | TrackIR

They are/were looking for someone speaking english with a russian accent, so we might get the training missions on release as well.

Quote from Baltic Dragon on Razbam FB:

Dear all, As work on the upcoming MiG-19P training missions is underway, I am looking for a volunteer(s) to act as an instructor. The main requirement is a nice Russian accent when speaking English 1f642.png:)

If there are a few people interested we might make the training more interactive.

If you feel like helping, please send me a PM or add your contact details in the comment so we can discuss the details. Many thanks in advance!

They are/were looking for someone speaking english with a russian accent, so we might get the training missions on release as well.

Quote from Baltic Dragon on Razbam FB:

Please keep it serious. Not that russian speakers are much offended by this, its just dumbs down the mood. There are games made exclusively for cheeki and breeki.

ППС  АВТ 100 60 36  Ф <  |  >  !  ПД  К

i5-10600k/32GB 3600/SSD NVME/4070ti/2560x1440'32/VPC T-50 VPC T-50CM3 throttle Saitek combat rudder

Nope, now i'll want an Adidas skin like they did for the L-39

For a device from the era when they wore fedoras and smoked on airliners? Come on :megalol: Its a time machine, who would want a chav Spitfire?

i5-10600k/32GB 3600/SSD NVME/4070ti/2560x1440'32/VPC T-50 VPC T-50CM3 throttle Saitek combat rudder

Please keep it serious. Not that russian speakers are much offended by this, its just dumbs down the mood. There are games made exclusively for cheeki and breeki.

I don't know if you remember (or own it) but the mirage training has a voiceover in a french accent, yet I haven't heard him saying baguette, jambon-beurre or omellete au fromage. Yet it brings a bit of authenticity to said training.

If it's done in the same manner I'm all for it. And remember he said a russian accent while talking english nothing else.

I don't know if you remember (or own it) but the mirage training has a voiceover in a french accent, yet I haven't heard him saying baguette, jambon-beurre or omellete au fromage. Yet it brings a bit of authenticity to said training.

If it's done in the same manner I'm all for it. And remember he said a russian accent while talking english nothing else.

That would be fine with me.

If Baltic finds his guy, magnitude should get their mig 21 training voiced too. They are hilariously written. All they need is bored hungover voice ������

Alternatively, full of revolutionary zeal for glorious communist new dawn of workers paradise would be awesome as well.

Edited by schurem

I5 9600KF, 32GB, 3080ti, G2, PointCTRL

Honestly i would prefer a russian voiceover (just like the L-39) instead of an english voice with russian accent but that’s what we will get, hopefully it won’t be overdone and/or caricatural.

Honestly i would prefer a russian voiceover (just like the L-39) instead of an english voice with russian accent but that’s what we will get, hopefully it won’t be overdone and/or caricatural.

Oh no, please never that again! That's pretty annoying to have to read the text all the time, and it's not really realistic for immersion anyway, after all we're all speaking English (in these forums), so the correct implementation would be a Russian instructor who can speak English.

Would you rather have a Russian version of the manual, menus and so on? ;)

Not that I wouldn't like to learn this language, it's just a matter of available time.

Actually, some modules have Russian voices in training missions when you set that language, so it's still an option for who wants that.

Perhaps the idea is to have a Russian-speaking instructor and an English translator (or interpret) at the same time :D

I see your point, I suppose that if I knew enough Russian I'd prefer it that way too. I hate to watch dubbed movies, for example, I much prefer the original audio when it's English (I'm native French). My only issue is having to read long texts all the time in this tiny log box, otherwise it's nice to hear other languages, especially Russian and German.

We'll see what they come up with in the training missions - hopefully soon :)

Yup, that'll work. Me, I wouldn't mind boring and serious, it befits the subject matter. On the other hand, I for one would be extra happy with a little colour locale, some fun or even caricature.

So there you go, whatever they do, they're not covering all of their customers' wishes. Boy does that suck. Just do what you think is right @baltic and @razbam, don't listen to us!

I5 9600KF, 32GB, 3080ti, G2, PointCTRL

Hey guys. The VOs will be in English with a Russian accent. I am sure it will be readily understandable to everyone, but will keep the nice Russian feeling about the module - for me it would be just plain wrong to have the instructor speaking with pure British English.

I also think that is a nice middle ground between having subtitled VOs in Russian and pure English version.

And as for fun.. it will mostly be serious. But I wouldn't be myself without a few Easter Eggs.

The work on the training goes pretty well BTW :)

ce535d_9d347b62819c4372b3c485a4f95d2004~mv2.png

Not sure if it's been mentioned, but will there be a pre order or just a release?

i5 4690k / MSI Gaming 5 / 2 x 8 GB Crucial Ballistix ram / Zotac AMP! 980Ti / 2 x 250 SSDs

Flight Controls:Virpil VPC MoogoosT-50 / MFG Crosswinds / GVL Throttle / Oculus Rift CV1

Hey guys. The VOs will be in English with a Russian accent. I am sure it will be readily understandable to everyone, but will keep the nice Russian feeling about the module - for me it would be just plain wrong to have the instructor speaking with pure British English.

I also think that is a nice middle ground between having subtitled VOs in Russian and pure English version.

And as for fun.. it will mostly be serious. But I wouldn't be myself without a few Easter Eggs.

Couldn't agree more with every word, sir! Good decisions there :thumbup:

cold war 1947 - 1991.jpg

Cold War 1947 - 1991                                       Discord
Helicopters Tournaments
Combined Arms Tournaments

You can help me with keeping up the server via PayPal donations: hokumyounis@yahoo.com

Any idea whether we'll already have some of the training missions in the initial release or not, by the way? Both were suggested in the forums, so I'd like to know if we have to try and find procedures and other documentation to use the module at the beginning :D

I'm sure they will be well done :) Yeah, the right balance serious vs joke shouldn't be hard to find with a public like us. I think the only spectacular failure on that topic was the Fishbed training, it was just wrong (at least the cold-start mission). That's definitely NOT the impression I'd want to give on the first contact with a new module, it also gave a pretty insulting impression of Russian pilots.

But the Mirage was just spot-on, serious with a relaxed attitude and a bit of humour, and it seemed to come naturally. The accent was certainly not caricatural either. Most trainings for other modules are also well done in general, if usually a bit terse.

Hey Redglyph. I'll try to squeeze as many training missions for the release I possibly can, but there will be some for sure, at least cockpit familiarisation, cold start, take off, landing, navigation and if all goes well radar use. If not, the others will be added as soon as possible after the release.

ce535d_9d347b62819c4372b3c485a4f95d2004~mv2.png

Sounds good Baltic Dragon, also in completion of some basic build in tutorials, you may publish turorial videos (like ED did with the hornet.)

It would allow more in depth knowledge and training(especially for radar).

So eager to see your bird

Sent from my SM-G930U using Tapatalk