Planned Aircraft

tom1502

Hi all,

I was wondering if there was a list of planned WW2 aircraft, from the different developers, in a single place?

I know that work is meant to be underway on a couple:

• Spitfire Mk IX
  • Spitfire Mk XIV
  • Meteor F.3
  • Me262
  • Vampire
  • Mosquito

Is there any more that has been officially mentioned as being planned for development (not just another wish list).

I'm asking as my Squad is looking for a future Sim, most of us have DCS but the lack of, current, focus on WW2 is pushing them towards BoS, which I can't stand. I'd like to be able to go back to them and suggest what is planned. They're aware of the Normandy map, they're looking forward to the Spitfire...but as with most people they are hungry for more! I'd just like to be able to go back to them with some new of plans - knowing full well they could take years before they're ready!

Thanks in advance,

Tom

• Windows 10 Home - 64 Bit
  • Intel Core i7-9770K
  • 32GB DDR4 RAM
  • Nvidia GeForce GTX 1080Ti
  • Oculus Rift S

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes, there are some more:

• P-40F Kittyhawk (to be released this year)
  • F-4U Corsair
  • JU-87D-5/G-2 Stuka
  • Ho 229
  • Hispano HA-1112 Buchon (maybe not really a WW2 aircraft)

There are even more aircraft on the roadmap of some developers, but these are the ones that are actually beeing worked on in some form or another.

There is also a Iwo Jima map in development.

Edited by QuiGon

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

You can check them on the Unofficial Roadmap

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=116893

Actual List of WW2 project:

ED:

Me262A1

Spitfire MkIX

P-47D-30 Thunderbolt

Yak-9 (not confirmed)

Octopus-G:

I-16 Type 24

Polychop:

Ho229 v4+

Ju87 D-5/G-2

VEAO:

Avro Lancaster

A-36 Apache

Bf109-E4

C-47 Dakota

F4F Wildcat

FW190A-8 / F-8

Hawk 75

Hurricane MkI

Hurricane MkIIb

Me109T

Meteor F3

Mosquito Mk IV

Mosquito Mk XVI

P-40C Warhawk

P-40F KittyHawk

Sea Hurricane

Sea Fury

Sea Hawk

Seafire 17

Spitfire Mk XIV

Others Supermarine Spitfire

Typhoon

Vampire FB5

Maps:

ED:

Normandy WW2

Leatherneck:

Iwo Jima Map

VEAO:

North Africa – Tubruq

VEAO Hispano HA-1112 Buchon has not a WW2 airplane (post WW2) as the La-9 (not confirmed).

Edited by Silver_Dragon

Pretty comprehensive then! I've fed that back, already had some positive responses :) Really don't want to go over to BoS/M/K. Cliffs of Dover, fine. Otherwise if it's not DCS I'm not interested!

• Windows 10 Home - 64 Bit
  • Intel Core i7-9770K
  • 32GB DDR4 RAM
  • Nvidia GeForce GTX 1080Ti
  • Oculus Rift S

Hopefully VEAO don't put much energy in the Hispano Buchon, Spain converted the remaining fuselage of the 109 with a Merlin Engine after the War intermit solution to the Jet Area.

As personal Opinion that's possible the ugliest 109 that's ever build, there also not much interest so far. Pray they skip this for FW-190 as option.

Found also there some strange aircraft like 109T Carrier modification, more or less a concept found this choice little bit odd

Edited by MAD-MM

Once you have tasted Flight, you will forever walk the Earth with your Eyes turned Skyward.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

9./JG27

I hope they develop the Seafire FR.47. It may be more of a early Korean War Warbird, but I would love to see the prop planes of the Korean War of both sides represented in DCS. The FR.47 has a contra-rotating prop, so it would be very unique and a great ride for the early part of the Korean Air War. :thumbup: MJ

seafire4672ap_2_fs.jpg

SeaFire_FR47_FLU.jpg

Edited by mjmorrow
  • Like 1

Hopefully VEAO don't put much energy in the Hispano Buchon, Spain converted the remaining fuselage of the 109 with a Merlin Engine after the War intermit solution to the Jet Area.

As personal Opinion that's possible the ugliest 109 that's ever build, there also not much interest so far.

Hey, come on, no need to be rude here :lol:. FYI, they weren't "remaining 109 fuselages", they were made on purpose since start with a different engine (just first one wasn't RR but Hispano Suiza). And she wasn't that much ugly, it's just you know her in weird dresses,

HA-1112M-1L+Buchon+C.4K+4.jpg

AFAIK VEAO thinks about using TFC ones as a reference, they have them pretty close, so I hope she comes sooner or later.

S!

"I went into the British Army believing that if you want peace you must prepare for war. I believe now that if you prepare for war, you get war."

-- Major-General Frederick B. Maurice

Hey, come on, no need to be rude here :lol:. FYI, they weren't "remaining 109 fuselages", they were made on purpose since start with a different engine (just first one wasn't RR but Hispano Suiza). And she wasn't that much ugly, it's just you know her in weird dresses,

AFAIK VEAO thinks about using TFC ones as a reference, they have them pretty close, so I hope she comes sooner or later.

S!

Was also converted Messerschmitt Fuselages, not pretty sure but was Messerschmitt Foundation G-10 or Red 7 was build out of Messerschmitt Fuselage build in War Time later converted to the Hispano Buchon.

Was in Duxford this Year TFC hold 2 Buchons there, but found them still ....:no_sad:

But beauty is for every one different, think there more important Planes for good WW2 Setup then Hispano Buchon.

Once you have tasted Flight, you will forever walk the Earth with your Eyes turned Skyward.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

9./JG27

Was also converted Messerschmitt Fuselages, not pretty sure but was Messerschmitt Foundation G-10 or Red 7 was build out of Messerschmitt Fuselage build in War Time later converted to the Hispano Buchon.

Was in Duxford this Year TFC hold 2 Buchons there, but found them still ....:no_sad:

But beauty is for every one different, think there more important Planes for good WW2 Setup then Hispano Buchon.

AFAIK both G-10 and G-4 are re-engined Ha1112, but I don't know their serials, who knows. Still they weren't "converted", Spain bought 25 G-2 fuselages as initial tooling examples, they came without engines and without tails and rudders, but not because spares shortage as sometimes is said but because they had the intention from start to build them using Hispano Suiza engines spinning left instead of right, so they didn't need engines nor tails as it had to be redesigned from scratch to counter the new torque. Later on up to ~200 Ha1112 were built, many Buchon owners claim their's to be one of those 25 original German build fuselages, but remaining airworthy or even grounded in museums examples are mostly if not all of them got from the BoB film recovered ones. Those were recovered from the last 50 remaining to be scrapped, yes in the scrapyard, up to 28 were saved and only 18 airworthy ones, sincerely it's not impossible but I hardly doubt among those remaining airframes one of them were any original German G-2 since those were the oldest ones and probably the firsts to be dismissed from service and scrapped, if ever all 25 got to be Merlin converted from Hispano Suiza original engine.

This one, last Hispano Suiza 109, has higher odds to be one of the 25 original German airframes, still I doubt her to be,

avc_00189330.jpg

Nonetheless we agree as a war planeset it would be better to have a different model, but VEAO original idea was an "airshow pack".

S!

P.S.: I've seen them flying thrice, you were unlucky.

Edited by Ala13_ManOWar

"I went into the British Army believing that if you want peace you must prepare for war. I believe now that if you prepare for war, you get war."

Unless they can get enough data on the FR.47 spit there's next to no chance. I think the only one that's flying is in the States and it's in private hands

The only way to make sense out of change is to plunge into it, move with it, and join the dance.

"Me, the 13th Duke of Wybourne, here on the ED forums at 3 'o' clock in the morning, with my reputation. Are they mad.."

https://ko-fi.com/joey45

I hope they develop the Seafire FR.47. It may be more of a early Korean War Warbird, but I would love to see the prop planes of the Korean War of both sides represented in DCS. The FR.47 has a contra-rotating prop, so it would be very unique and a great ride for the early part of the Korean Air War. :thumbup: MJ

seafire4672ap_2_fs.jpg

SeaFire_FR47_FLU.jpg

Oh yeah! Now you are speaking my language. I do love coaxial rotor and plus the carrier landing capability.

Excellent idea!

Tbh, with reference to SD's post on page 1, I'd take any list of aircraft with a pinch of salt, unless a module has been properly anounced and is in known development.

Especially VEAO's roadmap, not because it's false, but simply because it's basically their potential timeline for the next 5+ years and to quote Wags: "Everything is subject to change".

109T never been put in production.
It's not like I'm interested in a rare Emil version instead of a proper 109E, but T model was built indeed. When it was obvious Graf Zepellin carrier wouldn't ever be in service naval features were disassembled and 109T operated as regular long range fighters in Norway. It wasn't the only example, Ju-87R, a B model with drop tanks capacity for long range, was used in North Africa. Without carrier equipment it looked like a regular B model though, but Afrika Korps' Stukas pics showing drop tanks reveal the model.

S!

Not ww2, but of Piston driven aircraft id love to see the AD skyraider, because itd fit into both Korean and Vietnam scenarios. AD4 and Ad6 versions respectively, used by 3 services of the Us armed forces Marines, Navy and Airforce. besides ultiamtely the very first version of the Skyraider just missed out on ww2, as the AD1 first saw service in 1946.

besides with how the AD was a used and favoured as a CAS for its day, i cant help but see it as the" Spiritual Predecessor" (so to speak) to the A10.

Edited by Kev2go

Build:

Windows 10 64 bit Pro

Case/Tower: Corsair Graphite 760tm ,Asus Strix Z790 Motherboard, Intel Core i7 12700k ,Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 64gb ram (3600 mhz) , (Asus strix oc edition) Nvidia RTX 3080 12gb , Evga g2 850 watt psu, Hardrives ; Samsung 970 EVo, , Samsung evo 860 pro 1 TB SSD, Samsung evo 850 pro 1TB SSD,  WD 1TB HDD

I always think.that we should have the current time line fleshed out. So to me, they should make prioeites for following aircraft: P38L, Fw190A8, Typhoon or Tempest, Mosquito, B25, B24, Hs129, Ju87D, He111, Ju88, Me410, Me109G14.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]In 21st century there is only war and ponies.

My experience: Jane's attack squadron, IL2 for couple of years, War Thunder and DCS.

My channel:

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyAXX9rAX_Sqdc0IKJuv6dA

I always think.that we should have the current time line fleshed out. So to me, they should make prioeites for following aircraft: P38L, Fw190A8, Typhoon or Tempest, Mosquito, B25, B24, Hs129, Ju87D, He111, Ju88, Me410, Me109G14.

+1

| I9 9900K | ASUS ROG MAXIMUS XI HERO] |16 GB DDR4 HyperX 3466 MHz | SSD EVO 840 1 TB | MSI 2080TI GAMING X TRIO | ASUS ROG SWIFT PG278Q 27" 2560 X 1440 | TRACK IR 5 | THERMALTAKE CORE X9 | HOTAS WARTHOG |MFG CROSSWIND|

I agree they should first focus on rounding out the current stable, but I would personally think the A-20, A-26 and B-26 would be more appropriate for late '44 than the B-25 (A-20 having the broadest roles and proliferation in 1944, but A-26 being usable for Korea and Vietnam).

Me410 would probably be the best choice for the German light bomber/ attack role, as the He111 were very low numbers and practically out of service by late 1944. ...I guess Ju88 would give a good variety of roles beyond just bomber, though, and would make a good match to the A-20 as they both had variants in the night fighter, torpedo bomber, and ground attack/ heavy strafing role

And on a side note: for everyone that like to thumb their nose and act superior about how "balance isn't important, everything should be simulated to reality, and anyone who wants balance is a HAWX noob!", THIS is how you balance the game while staying a pure simulation: by selecting to develop aircraft that are well-balanced in capabilities against each other, while still historically compatible. You *could* pit a P-51D-25 against an A6M2 (Japan, 1944) or an F-15C versus a MiG-21 (Iraq, 1991) or an F-22 against a MiG-17 (DPRK, current day), and it would be totally historically valid. It would *also* be a wildly unfair matchup. Instead, choose good analogs: P-51B versus FW190A8; P-51D (75"MP) or Spitfire XIV versus Bf109K4; Spitfire IX versus Bf109G6; F-5E versus MiG-21bis; MiG-15 versus F-86. Don't throw a Brewster Buffalo up against a Bf109K4 and call it fair just because they were technically in service at the same time, then act like you're intellectually superior just because you value "accuracy". :music_whistling:

Edited by OutOnTheOP
  • Like 1

I agree they should first focus on rounding out the current stable, but I would personally think the A-20, A-26 and B-26 would be more appropriate for late '44 than the B-25 (A-20 having the broadest roles and proliferation in 1944, but A-26 being usable for Korea and Vietnam).

Me410 would probably be the best choice for the German light bomber/ attack role, as the He111 were very low numbers and practically out of service by late 1944. ...I guess Ju88 would give a good variety of roles beyond just bomber, though, and would make a good match to the A-20 as they both had variants in the night fighter, torpedo bomber, and ground attack/ heavy strafing role

And on a side note: for everyone that like to thumb their nose and act superior about how "balance isn't important, everything should be simulated to reality, and anyone who wants balance is a HAWX noob!", THIS is how you balance the game while staying a pure simulation: by selecting to develop aircraft that are well-balanced in capabilities against each other, while still historically compatible. You *could* pit a P-51D-25 against an A6M2 (Japan, 1944) or an F-15C versus a MiG-21 (Iraq, 1991) or an F-22 against a MiG-17 (DPRK, current day), and it would be totally historically valid. It would *also* be a wildly unfair matchup. Instead, choose good analogs: P-51B versus FW190A8; P-51D (75"MP) or Spitfire XIV versus Bf109K4; Spitfire IX versus Bf109G6; F-5E versus MiG-21bis; MiG-15 versus F-86. Don't throw a Brewster Buffalo up against a Bf109K4 and call it fair just because they were technically in service at the same time, then act like you're intellectually superior just because you value "accuracy". :music_whistling:

Well said :thumbup:

Happy landings,

Talisman

Bell_UH-1 side.png

And again, another thread simply asking what's currently in development turns into a wishlist...

Yup.

Silver Dragon's list is cool, but most of that stuff I won't see in DCS for decades based on the current rate of development.

Here is what I might expect in the next 4 years. I won't go into the debates about whether to count three of them as WW2, so they are in italics.

ED:

Spitfire Mk IX

Me-262

P-47D

B-17 (AI only or flyable? We don't know yet)

VEAO:

P-40F (for how long has this thing been in preorder status???)

Spitfire Mk XIV

Glostor Meteor

Dehaviland Vampire

F-8F Bearcat

And I've read that Leatherneck has planned the F-4U and Okinawa map, but I haven't seen official confirmation for it. There could be more I haven't thought of...

Edited by gavagai

P-51D | Fw 190D-9 | Bf 109K-4 | Spitfire Mk IX | P-47D | WW2 assets pack | F-86 | Mig-15 | Mig-21 | Mirage 2000C | A-10C II | F-5E | F-16 | F/A-18 | Ka-50 | Combined Arms | FC3 | Nevada | Normandy | Straight of Hormuz | Syria