15-oct-2015 Development F-5E Tiger II

Flagrum

Seems we're getting further and further away from having an AH-1 :(

Great news for the fixed wing fans, not so good for us rotary wing fans.

At least Polychop is filling my need (want) of a new chopper soonish.

Looking forward to this module. Will be a first day buy for me too!

-16AGR- 16th Air Guards Regiment is always looking for pilots - http://www.16agr.com

EWRS - Early Warning Radar Script

Specs:

Gigabyte Sniper Z5-S

Intel i5-4670k 3.4GHz OC'd 3.9GHz w/ Thermaltake 120mm Water 3.0 Pro Liquid CPU Cooler

16GB RAM

Gigabyte GTX 1080

TM Hotas Warthog: SN: 06976

Saitek Pro Flight Combat Rudder Pedals

TrackIR5 with TrackClipPro & Oculus Rift

2x 28" 4k UHD Monitors (3840x2160 each) + 1280x1024

Creating the F-5E is a really smart move, when there has been much discussion of "mis-placed" aircraft released for DCS - the F-5E is probably the best placed module anyone could create at the moment.

It gives us a real opponent for the MiG-21 and it fits in perfectly to both NTTR and the Straight of Hormuz (the classic and still operational adversary aircraft for NTTR and simple strike-fighter for the IRIAF in the SoH).

It will also be an awesome sparring partner for both the F-14 and F/A-18, not to mention a relatively simple, but fun aircraft to fly.

I totally agree, I think it's a perfect fit!

Nice!! I wonder if 30 mm could be loaded with PGU-13 for AA purposes... I think with a quirk it may, and finally we have our superfast A-10C...

AWAITING ED NEW DAMAGE MODEL IMPLEMENTATION FOR WW2 BIRDS

Fat T is above, thin T is below. Long T is faster, Short T is slower. Open triangle is AWACS, closed triangle is your own sensors. Double dash is friendly, Single dash is enemy. Circle is friendly. Strobe is jammer. Strobe to dash is under 35 km. HDD is 7 times range key. Radar to 160 km, IRST to 10 km. Stay low, but never slow.

So excited for this one. Beautiful aircraft and perfect opponent to the MiG-21, not to mention a great addition to the NTTR for dissimilar aircraft training. Day one purchase from me. DCS is finally starting to move in a direction that I'm looking forward to.

Yes good direction to me , more fighters and less heli and trainers.

i7 2600k -- Noctua NH-D14--Asrock Z75 Pro3--ASUS GTX970 Strix --16Go Ripjaws X 1333--Thermaltake Smart M650--CoolerMaster Silencio 652S--AOC E2752VQ-- Sandisk Extreme II 480GB--Saitek X-52 Pro --SAITEK PZ35 Pedals

Yes good direction to me , more fighters and less heli and trainers.

Helis are important too!! :cry:

But I agree, I think we have enough trainers now to last us forever in DCS and Polychop Sim is working on helis now so they won't be neglected. :)

we have enough trainers now to last us forever in DCS
And yet they are all somewhat redundant. The C-101, Hawk, and L-39 are very very similar, which ironically means we could use more trainers. It would be nice if we had more variety in trainers. The F-5 is actually a great example of the kind of trainer we could use more of. I'm honestly a little disappointed that we are getting the F-5E instead of the F-5F. (but then again, I'd rather have an AH-1 than either F-5, so I'm not complaining.)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

And yet they are all somewhat redundant. The C-101, Hawk, and L-39 are very very similar, which ironically means we could use more trainers. It would be nice if we had more variety in trainers. The F-5 is actually a great example of the kind of trainer we could use more of. I'm honestly a little disappointed that we are getting the F-5E instead of the F-5F. (but then again, I'd rather have an AH-1 than either F-5, so I'm not complaining.)

A good point, we don't have anything like a modern turboprop trainer for instance. I guess I'm just not a fan of the trainers in general, but I know a lot of people enjoy them and they're a helpful starting point for new developers.

Kind of gives "trainer" a new meaning, doesn't it?

:D yeah really, I guess there will be one more in the future too. RAZBAM is going to release the T-2 eventually.

We'll have to have a jet trainer only dogfight server for all these little planes. :lol:

The F5E had three different radars during it's long career. Is there any chance we could maybe find out which one will be modeled in Belsimtek's module?

Current specs: Windows 10 Home 64bit, i5-9600K @ 3.7 Ghz, 32GB DDR4 RAM, 1TB Samsung EVO 860 M.2 SSD, GAINWARD RTX2060 6GB, Oculus Rift S, MS FFB2 Sidewinder + Warthog Throttle Quadrant, Saitek Pro rudder pedals.