Next aircraft speculation

Farlander

Most importantly, the Lansen does not have a HUD that was mentioned in the last newsletter.

it must be noted that several technologies developed for one of our other aircraft can directly be drawn upon to shorten the development time of the F-14.

Elements include e.g. HUD elements or Navigational implementations.

I think a possible Viggen (be it AJ/JA/AJS) module has a unique opportunity right now. The community is hungry for a western fast mover right now and if LNS can have it ready before the Typhoon, Mirage 2000C, F/A-18C or even the Tomcat then they have the possibility to maximize sales of a Viggen module. As for the popularity of any module, I don't think that is necessary as long as the people building it are passionate about it. That ensures that the highest quality product in the end.

As for the other two planes, I am now back to suspecting the Viggen, and possibly the J2M Raiden or F4U Corsair... still not certain on which one or both though. If there will be only one Viggen type built I hope it is a AJ-37.

saab-37-viggen_photo_33.jpg

Thats a AJS-37 (Upgraded variant of the AJ-37)

And if we see an attack Viggen i hope its the AJS-37 instead of the AJ-37

Its the most updated variant and can use the latest weapons.

And the reason its an AJS is that the Anti ship missile on the wing is a RBS-15 not the RBS-04 and the only viggen variant that could use the Rbs-15 was the AJS-37 as it was designed for the Jas 39 Gripen.

The AJS-37 could also use the Aim-9L and the BK-90 (also known as the Mjölner)

The BK-90 would be awsome.

Its an advanced Glide Cluster bomb.

With a 50km range.

36879_tmb_623183135_SVE%2005.jpg

And if the Fighter Variant it should be the JA-37D with the abillity to carry 4

AMRAAM aswell as a very good Data link system.

Would be hyped for the Viggen =>

I recognised that photo from somewhere, it's from the Lansen's Wiki page actually. Who knows, maybe the navigator AI is the feature they are working on for the future? It would make sense to start light after all, considering the complexity of the F-14.

Either way, here's the full photo aptly named Robot_04_Lansen.jpg. Besides the name, the camouflage (or lack thereof) points towards a 32 too.

Robot_04_Lansen.jpg

Sorry but have to correct u there ^^ While the RB-04 was the Anti ship missile the Viggen carried for most of its Career the missile on the Viggen Pic is the RBS-15 that could be carried on the Updated AJS/AJSH 37 Viggens.

Rb15.JPG

Maybe was just a mistake that avatar :D

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I5 4670k, 32GB, GTX 1070, Thrustmaster TFRP, G940 Throttle extremely modded with Bodnar 0836X and Bu0836A,

Warthog Joystick with F-18 grip, Oculus Rift S - Almost all is made from gifts from friends, the most expensive parts at least

While I'm all for new fighter aircraft, the Viggen doesn't exactly excite me, just as the MiG-23 doesn't really excite me. I know it's all just rumors, but it's perplexing. If it were just for flying around, ok...but combat? A challenge is one thing, but going up against Eagles or Flankers in a MiG-23 is just suicide and masochism.

If there's going to be something from Saab, bring on the Gripen.

A viggen would be quite formidable against the F-15 or Su-27

Especially the JA-37D.

Especially if they give it a fuctional Data link system.

I'd be more interested in a good opponent for the MiG-21 though, right now it's a bit lonely. So I'd favor a 1970's model.

Balaika has good opponents as of now, tovarisch!

More than match for bourgeoisie Sukhoi 27 and F-15! Or does tovarisch commissar need to adjust your fighting attitude!?

Reformers hate him! This one weird trick found by a bush pilot will make gunfighter obsessed old farts angry at your multi-role carrier deck line up!

I would love to see the Viggen as well but do not have too inflated expectations concerning the flight performance! :smilewink:

True, Viggen has good low speed characteristics which has always been a SWAF requirement due to the dispersed road basing system planned for times of conflict and this has also given the Viggen good momentaneous turn performance.

However, the stationary turn performance is poor. This is due to the Viggen being a very stable design so the canard is highly loaded which creates a lot of drag, especially in turns. So since the Viggen will make only ONE very tight turn before you are out of E, make it count!

So yes, having the Viggen would be great but the true strength of the Viggen does not rest on flight performance but on the aircraft’s systems such as the radar, ECM, data link and that it was tied into a good integrated control system which gave the pilot very good situational awareness. However, while I have been impressed by the DCS FM, the ECM modeling in DCS leaves much to be desired to put it mildly.....

Putting a canard on a plane is no magic bullet and the Swedish aeronautical community has always been split on the subject . SAAB’s choise of a canard configuration for the JAS39 Gripen was in fact vociferously opposed in the early 80’s by one of, if not the best aerodynamicist in Sweden, Professor Sven-Olof Ridder.

Edited by Pilum

Old Crow ECM motto: Those who talk don't know and those who know don't talk........

http://www.crows.org/about/mission-a-history.html

Pilum aka Holtzauge

Yes the viggen was no dogfighter but was never supposed to be.

In the fighter Role it was intended to be flown at low alt and never fight alone

but instead fight in pairs using the advanced data link system (allowing u to see and lock up enemies using ur wingmans radar and even fire ur missiles using there radar with the Aim 120)

And they would use hit and run tactics 1 pair attacking the enemy and when they pull back (after having expended there reletivly small weapons load of 6 missiles)

the second pair would cover the retreat of the first 2 whilst all the while being able to see what was going on through the radars of the second pair (The Ja 37 could Datalink 4 fighters together)

So no The Viggen is not Super aglie.

It dose not have a large 8+ missile supply it is however a great and deadly fighter with the use of the right tactics.

And i think it would be very Interesting to see it in the game.

But then again im pretty much up for any Single engine fighter (or the F5 series)

OK, but since they've put the older anti-ship missile as a hint, it probably means that the implemented variant would be the AJ-37, not JA-37. So, not a dedicated fighter variant, no pulse-doppler radar, no AMRAAMs, no all-aspect Sidewinders, no internal gun, etc.

i386DX40@42 MHz w/i387 CP, 4 MB RAM (8*512 kB), Trident 8900C 1 MB w/16-bit RAMDAC ISA, Quantum 340 MB UDMA33, SB 16, DOS 6.22 w/QEMM + Win3.11CE, Quickshot 1btn 2axis, Numpad as hat. 2 FPH on a good day, 1 FPH avg.

DISCLAIMER: My posts are still absolutely useless. Just finding excuses not to learn the F-14 (HB's Swansong?).

Annoyed by my posts? Please consider donating. Once the target sum is reached, I'll be off to somewhere nice I promise not to post from. I'd buy that for a dollar!

There could be a possiblity of multiple variants though, like in F-14 (assuming it really is Viggen, which I hope). But if it's gonna be a single variant, I guess I'd also prefer AJ (or AJS) 37.

Also, while Viggen might not be the most agile thing ever (I guess none of us expect it to be), I still think it may have some tricks up it's sleeve to use. Really agile aircraft is rare in that generation of fighters after all. We all clamor for F-4, we're loving the MiG-21, but neiter of those are super agile themselves :)

Wishlist: F-4E Block 53 +, MiG-27K, Su-17M3 or M4, AH-1F or W circa 80s or early 90s, J35 Draken, Kfir C7, Mirage III/V

DCS-Dismounts Script

Yes the viggen was no dogfighter but was never supposed to be.

In the fighter Role it was intended to be flown at low alt and never fight alone

but instead fight in pairs using the advanced data link system (allowing u to see and lock up enemies using ur wingmans radar and even fire ur missiles using there radar with the Aim 120)

And they would use hit and run tactics 1 pair attacking the enemy and when they pull back (after having expended there reletivly small weapons load of 6 missiles)

the second pair would cover the retreat of the first 2 whilst all the while being able to see what was going on through the radars of the second pair (The Ja 37 could Datalink 4 fighters together)

So no The Viggen is not Super aglie.

It dose not have a large 8+ missile supply it is however a great and deadly fighter with the use of the right tactics.

And i think it would be very Interesting to see it in the game.

But then again im pretty much up for any Single engine fighter (or the F5 series)

I agree completely! I just wanted to temper expectations about the flight performance because sometimes people think that a canard is so great because it provides an upforce and not a downforce like you have on a tail configuration when in fact the upforce you get on the canard is cancelled by the resulting downwash on the wing and the trimmable Clmax you can get out of a canard configuration is as a rule lower than a tail configuration. But now I'm beginning to sound like Ridder...:music_whistling:

But yes, I think it would be nice to have a Viggen. As an opponent I guess an AJ would be the best choise because setting up Mig-21bis against a JA-37 "David" seems rather unfair :)

Old Crow ECM motto: Those who talk don't know and those who know don't talk........

http://www.crows.org/about/mission-a-history.html

Pilum aka Holtzauge

OK, but since they've put the older anti-ship missile as a hint, it probably means that the implemented variant would be the AJ-37, not JA-37. So, not a dedicated fighter variant, no pulse-doppler radar, no AMRAAMs, no all-aspect Sidewinders, no internal gun, etc.

Well if we get the AJ-37 we have a mach 2 capable attack aircraft with Heavy Rockets,dumb boms,Anti Ship missiles And AGM-65s etc.

But if we get the AJS-37...

Then we get AGM-65s and dumb munitions but also a high tech Anti ship missile (RBS-15) a long distance Advanced Glide Cluster bomb (BK-90) but also All aspect IR missiles (Aim 9L)

And much more.

If it is a Saab 37 viggen im gonna be so hyped.

Dosent matter if its a AJ 37 JA 37 AJS 37 or hell even a SH 37... il buy it either way.

After F-14A I want to see T-38 Talon\F-5F and Tornado ADV

Мой youtube канал Группа в VK 

IBM x3200 Tower, i7 9700k, Asus Z390-P, HyperX Fury DDR4 2x16Gb 3466 Mhz, HyperX Savage 480Gb SSD, Asus RTX3070 Dual OC 8G, 32" Asus PG329Q, Creative Sound Blaster AE-5, HyperX Cloud Alpha + Pulsefire FPS Pro + Alloy FPS brown, Track IR 4 PRO + Clip Pro, Warhog HOTAS + CH Pro Pedal + есть руль Logitech G25

After F-14A I want to see T-38 Talon\F-5F and Tornado ADV

Well we're getting a Tornado GR.1 from VEAO, it may not be a huge stretch to imagine they might do an F3 one day. They may be our best bet for one of those.

[sIGPIC]sigpic67951_1.gif[/sIGPIC]

Hopefully we hear something soon. And I really hope one of them is a modern multirole fast mover of any type!

AMD Ryzen 9 7950X3D | ASUS Crosshair Hero X670E | 64GB G Skill Trident Z DDR5 6000 | Nvidia RTX 4090 FE| Samsung EVO Plus 6 TB M.2 PCIe SSDs | TM Hornet Stick/WinWing Hornet Throttle and MIP | VPC T-50 Stick Base | TM TPR Rudder Pedals W/Damper | Varjo Aero/Pimax Crystal

VFA-25 Fist of the Fleet

Carrier Strike Group One(CSG-1) Discord

• 4 weeks later...

Just to add a little more fuel to the fire, maybe one of the "2 other aircraft" is an F-111? A2G radar, Swing Wings, and the same engines as the Tomcat. Could have been used by the Marines, but never was......... -Woog