Next aircraft speculation

Farlander

It is very, very early to speculate what's next with any realism currently, since as Tirak outlined above LN will be busy for a while yet, with 3 modules (4, counting 2 F-14 variants), 2-3 maps, and many AI assets coming up, as well as still having some work to do on MiG-21.

However, I can throw around two (hopefuly educated) guesses :

- A Japanese WW II fighter to make the pacific theater more interesting, which they are pioneering with Corsair (though, VEAO is also doing Wildcat and P-40, however I'm not sure if P-40 version they do served on Pacific at atll). This looks a possible, even likely candidate. More than a year ago, while Rudel was streaming a session of his texturing work, his DCS had an icon for a module that looked like a Raiden, or at least a Japanese aircraft. That could be a mod however. Also, Rudel had a thread named something along the lines of "what could that be", showing a WIP landing gear, which looks similar to Japanese Mitsubishi Zero's one.

- MiG-23 is possible since LN stated a few times that they do consider a MiG-23 sometime in future. Although this still isn't quite a confirmation, and even if they will eventually do one we don't know whether it would be one of the next or not.

Some other possibilities I can think of, but find less likely would be :

- Another Swedish aircraft, perhaps a Draken, or may be even Jakt Viggen (JA-37). Though, they may not be interested in doing two Swedish planes in a row since rest of the world seem more interested in more popular aircraft.

- Another WW II aircraft, Pacific, or may be even Europe. I do think they will continue doing these but, my guess is next one of those will most likely be a Japanese one as I've said above.

- Although I don't find it too likely, or too marketable, with Novak being in active duty there, a Serbian aircraft may be a small possibility.

- Another Russian aircraft, they have started with Fishbed after all. With LN official office adress being in Poland, we may even see a Su-22. Or alternatively even a Polish aircraft rather than a Russian one, but this is really an off-chance.

- Of course, with their name being Leatherneck, we may see a US Marines aircraft. Even F-4 can be a possibility since they already are doing two seaters in form of F-14.

Though, again, I only find first two possibilities to have any considerability to become reality, and even those are just guesses at this point.

Wishlist: F-4E Block 53 +, MiG-27K, Su-17M3 or M4, AH-1F or W circa 80s or early 90s, J35 Draken, Kfir C7, Mirage III/V

DCS-Dismounts Script

Seems like a premature discussion....still it's hard not to think about it. :)

Given the MiG-21, plus the 3 modules (combining the Tomcat modules) that we know about, it seems that Leatherneck plans to keep things diverse. I also think that Leatherneck will diversify their type of product, such as more maps, DLC campaigns, and possibly some other things that we haven't thought about. DCS may benefit from a more measured release of aircraft modules with lots of accessories to accompany your favorite aircraft. I think that a good pace for the next few years (after the known modules are released) would be 1-2 aircraft (depending on complexity), 1-2 maps, and a few DLC campaigns per year.

They've said that the F4U-1D is part of a bigger project and I think there will be more PTO WWII aircraft in the next 2 years, very likely at least one Japanese aircraft. More allied aircraft would probably depend on what maps they plan to tackle and the level of interest in the F4U-1. New subversions of the F4U to pair with new maps would also seem quite possible (if F4U-1D sales are good).

On the moderns side, they have released a Cold War Russian aircraft and are deep into a European Cold War-ish fighter and an American Cold War-ish fighter. A rotation of modern fighters makes sense, so I think another Soviet fighter is very likely. The MiG-23 would probably be less demanding than their current modern projects (plus sharing some code-base with the MiG-21) and very popular/relevant - I say take the low hanging fruit and use the manpower to optimize the theater and campaign. :D

I hope they consider an early Jet scenario in the future (would love mid-50's to early 60's carrier ops/USN myself). But I think it makes more sense to leverage all the content they are creating now to make more modern-ish (Cold war to present day) maps, DLC, and modules. These eras and very popular and it would build upon all their work thus far.

That's my 2 cents.

-Nick

- A Japanese WW II fighter to make the pacific theater more interesting, which they are pioneering with Corsair (though, VEAO is also doing Wildcat and P-40, however I'm not sure if P-40 version they do served on Pacific at atll).

TFC's P-40F that VEAO are using to model the DCS version was actually flown in the Pacific Theatre of Operations in 42/43 and was recovered from Espiritu Santo in the 70's. We will of course need a Solomon Islands map to actually be true to life in the realism department but that is another issue.

http://fighter-collection.com/cft/curtiss-p-40f-warhawk/

- Another Swedish aircraft, perhaps a Draken, or may be even Jakt Viggen (JA-37). Though, they may not be interested in doing two Swedish planes in a row since rest of the world seem more interested in more popular aircraft.

As developers, some of whom hail from Sweden, I see them doing what they are passionate about so another Swedish aircraft is not out of the realm of possibility. I can see them doing a JA-37 Viggen.

- Another WW II aircraft, Pacific, or may be even Europe. I do think they will continue doing these but, my guess is next one of those will most likely be a Japanese one as I've said above.

I think further WWII modules might as well be a foregone conclusion at this point from what I understand of LNS's goals for theatre development.

- Of course, with their name being Leatherneck, we may see a US Marines aircraft. Even F-4 can be a possibility since they already are doing two seaters in form of F-14.

I assume they didn't pick the name Leatherneck for no particular reason. The US Marine Corps has flown many different types over the years. Some of the more popular of them are the F-4B/J/N/S Phantoms, A-4F/M Skyhawks, A-6A/E Intruder, F-8E Crusader, F9F Panther, Various F4U Corsair types, A-1 Skyraider, OV-10A/D Bronco, KC-130F/R/T/J, MV-22B Osprey, CH-53D/E Super Stallion, CH-46 Sea Knight... any one of these aircraft would make for a great DCS module.

Also, my magic crystal ball tells me this thread will be incorporated into the "next aircraft speculation" thread where it should have been to begin with... sooner rather than later.

Truly superior pilots are those that use their superior judgment to avoid those situations where they might have to use their superior skills.

If you ever find yourself in a fair fight, your tactics suck!

"If at first you don't succeed, Carrier Landings are not for you!"

I think LNS next aircraft after they finish the Corsair,Viggen,Tomcat could be the F6F Hellcat, P-38 Lightning to go with their Pacific WWII map.MIG-23 Flogger or other variants of the Fishbed & Viggen.I would love to see LN try to tackle and create every Swedish Air Force planes from the J21 to the Gripen.I would also like to see them create a Swedish Air Force training campaign starting from a trainer and working your way up to fly combat jets,similar to what VEAO is doing with the RAF Hawk & other trainers in the future.

It is very, very early to speculate what's next with any realism currently, since as Tirak outlined above LN will be busy for a while yet, with 3 modules (4, counting 2 F-14 variants), 2-3 maps, and many AI assets coming up, as well as still having some work to do on MiG-21.

- A Japanese WW II fighter to make the pacific theater more interesting, which they are pioneering with Corsair (though, VEAO is also doing Wildcat and P-40, however I'm not sure if P-40 version they do served on Pacific at atll). This looks a possible, even likely candidate. More than a year ago, while Rudel was streaming a session of his texturing work, his DCS had an icon for a module that looked like a Raiden, or at least a Japanese aircraft. That could be a mod however. Also, Rudel had a thread named something along the lines of "what could that be", showing a WIP landing gear, which looks similar to Japanese Mitsubishi Zero's one.

- MiG-23 is possible since LN stated a few times that they do consider a MiG-23 sometime in future. Although this still isn't quite a confirmation, and even if they will eventually do one we don't know whether it would be one of the next or not.

- Although I don't find it too likely, or too marketable, with Novak being in active duty there, a Serbian aircraft may be a small possibility.

- Another Russian aircraft, they have started with Fishbed after all. With LN official office adress being in Poland, we may even see a Su-22. Or alternatively even a Polish aircraft rather than a Russian one, but this is really an off-chance.

Though, again, I only find first two possibilities to have any considerability to become reality, and even those are just guesses at this point.

Seems it's too early to discuss that XD

Seems like a premature discussion....still it's hard not to think about it. :)

Given the MiG-21, plus the 3 modules (combining the Tomcat modules) that we know about, it seems that Leatherneck plans to keep things diverse. I also think that Leatherneck will diversify their type of product, such as more maps, DLC campaigns, and possibly some other things that we haven't thought about. DCS may benefit from a more measured release of aircraft modules with lots of accessories to accompany your favorite aircraft. I think that a good pace for the next few years (after the known modules are released) would be 1-2 aircraft (depending on complexity), 1-2 maps, and a few DLC campaigns per year.

They've said that the F4U-1D is part of a bigger project and I think there will be more PTO WWII aircraft in the next 2 years, very likely at least one Japanese aircraft. More allied aircraft would probably depend on what maps they plan to tackle and the level of interest in the F4U-1. New subversions of the F4U to pair with new maps would also seem quite possible (if F4U-1D sales are good).

On the moderns side, they have released a Cold War Russian aircraft and are deep into a European Cold War-ish fighter and an American Cold War-ish fighter. A rotation of modern fighters makes sense, so I think another Soviet fighter is very likely. The MiG-23 would probably be less demanding than their current modern projects (plus sharing some code-base with the MiG-21) and very popular/relevant - I say take the low hanging fruit and use the manpower to optimize the theater and campaign. :D

I hope they consider an early Jet scenario in the future (would love mid-50's to early 60's carrier ops/USN myself). But I think it makes more sense to leverage all the content they are creating now to make more modern-ish (Cold war to present day) maps, DLC, and modules. These eras and very popular and it would build upon all their work thus far.

That's my 2 cents.

-Nick

You are right , but I very love Mig23 XD

-----Thanks

PS: And waiting for Tomcat XD

Merged threads. :)

I'm happy to see enthusiasm about our future product line- but yes; it is far too early still.

Right now the vast majority of our focus is on the three "announced" products as well as getting our terrain division working at an appropriate capacity.

The roadmap for 2016 and beyond is already laid out and includes very exciting endeavours, but it is far too early to speak about those.

Some are, however, implied when we present our Pacific project in full.

Nicholas Dackard

Founder & Lead Artist

Heatblur Simulations

https://www.facebook.com/heatblur/

Merged threads. :)

I'm happy to see enthusiasm about our future product line- but yes; it is far too early still.

Right now the vast majority of our focus is on the three "announced" products as well as getting our terrain division working at an appropriate capacity.

The roadmap for 2016 and beyond is already laid out and includes very exciting endeavours, but it is far too early to speak about those.

Some are, however, implied when we present our Pacific project in full.

So in short, a Zero is coming LOL :)

I really want to see some Japanese plane. Especially a Zero A6M5, a good enemy for the F4U-1D or something like N1K or Ki84.

For the US P38. F6F. And B25.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]In 21st century there is only war and ponies.

My experience: Jane's attack squadron, IL2 for couple of years, War Thunder and DCS.

My channel:

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyAXX9rAX_Sqdc0IKJuv6dA

Doesn't need to be full fidelity to add to our enjoyment. Even if it's just a.i zero. Or a.i Japanese or US units this will add to the experience of the F-4U In a big way. The whole of DCS world is in huge need of more A.I units. I keep looking for people to produce mods because I'm no good at doing such things. There are not many but there are some great ones out there.

harrier landing GIFRYZEN 7 3700X Running at 4.35 GHz

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080Ti

32gb DDR4 RAM @3200 MHz

Oculus CV1 NvME 970 EVO

TM Warthog Stick & Throttle plus 11" extension. VKB T-Rudder MKIV

Gee, was that a hint?

Toten

Tiger-Spit-Viggen-Fishbed-Sabre-Dora-Kurfurst-Mustang-Huey-Warthog-Hip-Black Shark Driver (Not necessarily in that order)

MSI 970A-G40 MoBo, AMD FX-8350 8 Core, Patriot Viper 24 GB DDR3, Nvidia Ge Force 1060 3 GB GPU

My prediction of upcoming LN modules.

MiG-23 La-5 La-176 Tu-144

Su-22 Yak-15 I-1 Yak-40

MiG-25 Yak-9 Bi-1 Yak-23

Su-24 N1K, Ki-84 Tu-95 Tu-4

MiG-3 Il-2 Yak-17 MiG-19

Yak-3 MiG-9 MiG-1 Su-7

La-9 I-153 La-15 Ye-151

MiG-31 I-250 MiG-17 Ye-8

:D

I will stand by A6M2, judging by Rudel avatar and his location something Japanese is coming. Sooner or later.

AMD Ryzen 5900X @ 4.95 Ghz / Asus Crosshair VII X470 / 32 GB DDR4 3600 Mhz Cl16 / Radeon 6800XT / Samsung 960 EVO M.2 SSD / Creative SoundBlaster AE-9 / HP Reverb G2 / VIRPIL T-50CM /
Thrustmaster TPR Pendular Rudder Pedals / Audio Technica ATH-MSR7

I will stand by A6M2, judging by Rudel avatar and his location something Japanese is coming. Sooner or later.

A Zero makes sense. It's an iconic aircraft of WW2 that was well liked by it's pilots. Weak by the standards of the later war but if flew beautifully by the sound of it.

I always love reading Samurai by Saburu Sakai. Though the English version has been alleged to have fictitious stories added to it increase sales - with great variation between that book and Saburu Sakai's Japanese biographies given as proof. I can't read or speak Japanese though and have never read other biographies so can't verify any truth to the claim of fiction.

A Zero makes sense. It's an iconic aircraft of WW2 that was well liked by it's pilots. Weak by the standards of the later war but if flew beautifully by the sound of it.

I always love reading Samurai by Saburu Sakai. Though the English version has been alleged to have fictitious stories added to it increase sales - with great variation between that book and Saburu Sakai's Japanese biographies given as proof. I can't read or speak Japanese though and have never read other biographies so can't verify any truth to the claim of fiction.

A6M is iconic. But it is just the most promoted for different reasons. I would never betray Ki-44 or Ki-43-2 for A6M. :b

You can try to read "Winged samurai" by Henry Sakaida. As I know, this book is fair, unlike Caidin's one.

Спойлер

ASRock X570, Ryzen 9 3900X, Kingston HyperX 64GB 3200 MHz, XFX RX6900XT MERC 319 16GB, SSD for DCS - Patriot P210 2048GB, HP Reverb G2.

WINWING Orion 2 throttle, VPC Rotor Plus TCS + Hawk-60 grip, VPC WarBRD + MongoosT-50CM2/V.F.X (F-14) grips. Logitech G940 pedals🥲

It's going to be a Piper Cherokee 140 with an RM8 underslung between the landing gear.

Trust me, my uncle told me. He works for Nintendo. He knows all the video games.

Reformers hate him! This one weird trick found by a bush pilot will make gunfighter obsessed old farts angry at your multi-role carrier deck line up!

It's going to be a Piper Cherokee 140 with an RM8 underslung between the landing gear.

Trust me, my uncle told me. He works for Nintendo.

Lolz whateva! I've never hea...

He knows all the video games.

My mistake.

A6M is iconic. But it is just the most promoted for different reasons. I would never betray Ki-44 or Ki-43-2 for A6M. :b

You can try to read "Winged samurai" by Henry Sakaida. As I know, this book is fair, unlike Caidin's one.

Thanks! Going to go browse for that! :thumbup: