VEAO is doing the A-4C "Skyhawk"?

• Replies 259
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Honestly, I love the A-4. But I feel this group should just focus all its energy on just one project at a time, I think it'll help production speed and it'll benefit overall. Instead of starting a bunch of work at the same time.

That being said, I'd love to see the A-4 and/or Tucano! :D

We have answered this a few times in varying threads.

We have multiple teams working on multiple projects, as such development of the Sky hawk has no impact on the other aircraft. Taking staff from these projects and allocating them to hawk would not speed up the release date due to the nature of the outstanding issues with the Hawk.

Yes all of us Kiwi's would love that, hopefully in the future we'll get one once we have the C model (and then F)

Well once we have done the C model we will have the opportunity to potentially look into later and more advanced variants.

Pman

A day 1 purchase for me. Now we get 2 Carrier-capable crafts, one from Razbam (T-2 Buckeye) and the other from VEAO (this baby!). Exciting times ahead indeed!!

AWAITING ED NEW DAMAGE MODEL IMPLEMENTATION FOR WW2 BIRDS

Fat T is above, thin T is below. Long T is faster, Short T is slower. Open triangle is AWACS, closed triangle is your own sensors. Double dash is friendly, Single dash is enemy. Circle is friendly. Strobe is jammer. Strobe to dash is under 35 km. HDD is 7 times range key. Radar to 160 km, IRST to 10 km. Stay low, but never slow.

The Hawk development has been complete for months albeit a few polishing things to do. It's legal stuff holding up release, nothing to do with development.

Both Pete and I have stated many times; we have different teams working on different aircraft allowing us to develop several at the same time.

Just working on one aircraft at a time is not good for business.

Thanks for the positive feedback guys :)

Chris

Both on our development list and I showed some early 3d models when I did the live Q&A, plus I showed the Harrier..... hahaha

Hmm now let me think...Skyhawk....Harrier...where did those two meet I wonder?? ;)

Wait! Wait! Wait! I know where those two met plus I know VEAO is developing a tanker... The Vulcan Black Buck missions needed the Victor K2... but wait... the Argentine SuE's needed buddy refueling to reach the British fleet and convoys... Hmmm... Both would be awesome!

• Like 1

Truly superior pilots are those that use their superior judgment to avoid those situations where they might have to use their superior skills.

If you ever find yourself in a fair fight, your tactics suck!

"If at first you don't succeed, Carrier Landings are not for you!"

If only you could see the development list of aircraft and future project packs we're currently negotiating with people and manufacturers. Very exciting times for DCS that's for sure!!!

Ahhh Chis, you are indeed the "DCS Sugar Daddy" to all us chronic DCS junkies.

Please don't forget an Australian skin (even if we did have the A-4G model). Can you also throw in the HMAS Melbourne while you're at it as well please? :smilewink:

Wait! Wait! Wait! I know where those two met plus I know VEAO is developing a tanker... The Vulcan Black Buck missions needed the Victor K2... but wait... the Argentine SuE's needed buddy refueling to reach the British fleet and convoys... Hmmm... Both would be awesome!

Possibly but also consider other aircraft the RAF have in the arsenal such as the VC10, Hercules C-130J, TriStar and Voyager. Or if they went US....well it could any number aircraft, even fighters which have refueling capability support for other aircraft

I remember when we did the VFAT arrival one year and we had the Vulcan in FC2 and 9 of us were in formation in the Red Arrows Hawks and she slid over the top of us. That shadow is absolutely immense and I had goose bumps for hours lol

Sure thing Phantom we can do the carrier, how much do you have in your bank to get it developed? lol

Edit > I found the screenshot

VRA-Vulcan.jpg

Edited by Ells228
I think the phrase is "Do you think that nine women can make one baby in one month?"

If you do then you should read up on the process. Gestation periods for DCS modules don't get shorter by adding more devs to them.

exactly our point.

Adding more people to the Hawk Dev team isn't going to make legal stuff with BAE go quicker....

Pman

exactly our point.

Adding more people to the Hawk Dev team isn't going to make legal stuff with BAE go quicker....

Pman

You could always threaten BAe with me camping outside their offices and shouting religious slogans at them. That should hurry them up.... ;)

"Be a winner, don't be a sinner!"

122886726_b155c70d6d_z_d.jpg

(Apologies to any Londoner who gets flashbacks....:P)

Per Ardua Ad Aquarium :drink:

Specs: Intel i7-9700K, GTX 2080TI, 32GB DDR4, ASUS ROG Strix Z390-E, Samsung 970 EVO NVMe M.2

Thanks for the confirmation, Chris. :thumbup:

Nice model, glad to see another fully modeled aircraft from this era. :thumbup:

Hardware: Intel i5 4670K | Zalman NPS9900MAX | GeIL 16GB @1333MHz | Asrock Z97 Pro4 | Sapphire Radeon R9 380X Nitro | Samsung SSDs 840 series 120GB & 250 GB | Samsung HD204UI 2TB | be quiet! Pure Power 530W | Aerocool RS-9 Devil Red | Samsung SyncMaster SA350 24" + ASUS VE198S 19" | Saitek X52 | TrackIR 5 | Thrustmaster MFD Cougar | Speedlink Darksky LED | Razor Diamondback | Razor X-Mat Control | SoundBlaster Tactic 3D Rage ### Software: Windows 10 Pro 64Bit

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Very nice, gentlemen. Love the A-4. I think it was my first scale model that I built as a kid. You knew which kids back then were into aviation if they knew "that plane" that the aggressors flew in Top Gun :thumbup:

Sad that we won't see the Tomcat anytime soon. But thus is life.

I used to pass the rows and rows of them at Davis-Monthan every day. There are plenty of airframes left :D

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

[Dogs of War] WWII COMBAT SERVER | P-51D - FW190-D9 - Me109-K4

Visit Our Website & Forum to Get More Info & Team Speak Access

• ED Team
Very nice, gentlemen. Love the A-4. I think it was my first scale model that I built as a kid. You knew which kids back then were into aviation if they knew "that plane" that the aggressors flew in Top Gun :thumbup:

Sad that we won't see the Tomcat anytime soon. But thus is life.

I used to pass the rows and rows of them at Davis-Monthan every day. There are plenty of airframes left :D

I'll take F-15s vs A-4s over Nevada... Jesters dead! Yeee-Haw!

64Sig.png
Forum RulesMy YouTube • My Discord - NineLine#0440• **How to Report a Bug**

1146563203_makefg(6).png.82dab0a01be3a361522f3fff75916ba4.png  80141746_makefg(1).png.6fa028f2fe35222644e87c786da1fabb.png  28661714_makefg(2).png.b3816386a8f83b0cceab6cb43ae2477e.png  389390805_makefg(3).png.bca83a238dd2aaf235ea3ce2873b55bc.png  216757889_makefg(4).png.35cb826069cdae5c1a164a94deaff377.png  1359338181_makefg(5).png.e6135dea01fa097e5d841ee5fb3c2dc5.png

Out of interest, what are the systems that are still classified in the Phantom?

By their very nature they are restricted, I can't tell you or talk about them, Sorry.

Pman

Ps. Note I say restricted, not classified.

Is the Tucano definitely being worked on for DCS now then Ells/Pman? Great news if so. And again I love the way you interact with the community on here, it's a treasure cove of info compared to other parts of the forum.. Great stuff and thank you from us all! :thumbup:

This though... this was just mean haha.

Tutor

Tucano

Sneaky sneaky thing with wings...

I'm sure you'll be remaining tight lipped until you're good and ready to tease a bit more but for now I'm guessing it's something fast and British? Either way, veao really are making DCS the place to be. :beer:

[sIGPIC]sigpic67951_1.gif[/sIGPIC]

I'll take F-15s vs A-4s over Nevada... Jesters dead! Yeee-Haw!

We would need the A-4E Super Echo IIRC, but I can be wrong of course.

I like the list, hope to see a Super Tucano there one day.

BTW regarding the Phantom, there are tons of countries that used the, some are still in use, anyone tried to contact them? Spain used the C version (I would prefer a E, but will take wathever you guys can release). Or the restricted systems apply to all the countries?

I don't understand anything in russian except Davai Davai!

Is the Tucano definitely being worked on for DCS now then Ells/Pman? Great news if so. And again I love the way you interact with the community on here, it's a treasure cove of info compared to other parts of the forum.. Great stuff and thank you from us all! :thumbup:

This though... this was just mean haha.

I'm sure you'll be remaining tight lipped until you're good and ready to tease a bit more but for now I'm guessing it's something fast and British? Either way, veao really are making DCS the place to be. :beer:

There will be official announcements regarding titles in due course.

That said we have made no secret of our desire to do both ACTS and a Tucano ;)

Thanks for the positive comments, appreciated as always

Pman