DCS suggestion Hawk 200.

For those who want more than just light A-G missions out of their hawk.

It shouldn't be much different than the Hawk T1

This was just a thought.

It would be like the difference between the SU-25a and SU-25T or better yet, the F-15C and F-15E.

Information on the airplane should be easy to attain, it's an older export model so a lot of the information should be readily available. And it obviously would share a lot of characteristics with the original Hawk.

I could find some blueprints, and fairly detailed weapons capabilities... no manual though...

It's a true multi-role! It's actually used as anti-air roles in some countries. I mean it's not an F-16 but still it would cool for Hawk fans

Weapons from what I've found are.

AAMRAAMs

AGM-65

Paveway II bombs

Sky Flash

Sea Eagle Missles

Marconi Homing Stingray Torpedo.

As well as any of the weapons on the T.1--- It's just a thought.

It was just a thought, man. But looks like I was wrong. A lot of detail goes into these models don't they.

However, here is what I fear with the T.2 as the "other" hawk (assuming you just make 2 and not all 3 variants). For starters, it's not as weapon capable as the 200. It's still a ground attack fighter, and not a light-multirole.

Also, the 200 is a single seat fighter.

Finish your other projects first, of course! I didn't mean to sound demanding :D. It's just an idea for you guys on down the line... you are doing the Mirage 2000 also aren't you? I'll wait until you release the latest project you have going before I nag you about what's next. It's just a suggestion.

Looking forward to your hawk trainer in February or whenever you manage to get it on steam. ;)

Edited by theJournier
I'll talk to our contacts about getting the data for it but they are likely to only have the T2.

I was afraid of that. I could find lots on the Hawk T.1/50/and 60... they were even offering flight manuals for sale for those, but nothing on the 200

I'll do my own search... I dabble in modeling (still learning). So I'll look at the blue-prints and see if can make my own BAe model for my own pleasure. If you start the 200 be sure to let us know, I might have a model to share :D

I agree that you should look into the possibility of making a hawk 200 after the Typhoon ;). The light military attack and counter insurgency aircrafts are on the top of my wishlist.

Hawk 200

L-159 Alca

A-29A Super Tucano

+1 here - I really like the Aero family - L-39/L-139, L-159, L-159 ALCA

Not saying VEAO should do them (sounds like they're busy enough), but I'd like someone to create them :)

I was afraid of that. I could find lots on the Hawk T.1/50/and 60... they were even offering flight manuals for sale for those, but nothing on the 200

I'll do my own search... I dabble in modeling (still learning). So I'll look at the blue-prints and see if can make my own BAe model for my own pleasure. If you start the 200 be sure to let us know, I might have a model to share :D

Yep will do for sure