T16000 Throttle Curves/Deadzones?

Good day,

I just recently upgraded my HOTAS from the TM Hotas X to the T16000. All I can say is this T16000 is a great joystick. I would have wanted to get the Warthog but such is life.

I was wondering if anyone here has any feedback about their throttle curves and/or deadzones set in DCS. I currently have throttle set to default settings. I'm having some trouble in particular finding the sweet spot during carrier landings. Also, has anyone tweaked with the rail resistance? I'm thinking maybe I should loosen that as well. Thanks!

Pistol Pete

Rig Specs: i7-8700K - 64 GB RAM - 1080ti - crucial ssd - Oculus Rift - TM T16000

Hi there, did you setup your TM hotas X with curves etc? If so, good idea to start from there. I will be upgrading to the same stick setup as you from my TM hotas X. If you dont have any curves I can give you my settings that Im working with now.

The best guides around, look at chucks guides. He gives you a setup for curves etc. Fantastic stuff

Cant wait to get the new stick

Edited by tmansteve

I didn't have any curves assigned when I used my Hotas X.

I looked through the Chuck's guides and I noticed that he didn't have any curves or deadzones set for thrust.

I guess I should just adjust the resistance of the throttle

Pistol Pete

Rig Specs: i7-8700K - 64 GB RAM - 1080ti - crucial ssd - Oculus Rift - TM T16000

I guess I should just adjust the resistance of the throttle

That's what I did, I lowered the friction as much as I could (just be carefull not to unscrew it completely, the manual says the screw may fall out) in order to minimize the stiction. It did make a difference and I'm pleased with it. I don't have any curves on it, but I don't do any carrier landings yet...

My DCS modding videos:

Modules I own so far:

Black Shark 2, FC3, UH-1H, M-2000C, A-10C, MiG-21, Gazelle, Nevada map