How will you use the F-5E?

Hook47

There's a very vocal group here on the forums that won't accept anything other than a "modern multirole fighter" as useful or fun. Sorry, but if you can't engage 16 targets at once, from BVR range, 90 degrees off boresight, with active fire and forget missiles, in supercruise, on autopilot... what's the point of even taking off? ;)

+1000,

We will use the F-5e very much like we fly the MiG21. Hide in the mountains until the 4th Gen fighter is vulnerable.

on

There's a very vocal group here on the forums that won't accept anything other than a "modern multirole fighter" as useful or fun. Sorry, but if you can't engage 16 targets at once, from BVR range, 90 degrees off boresight, with active fire and forget missiles, in supercruise, on autopilot... what's the point of even taking off? ;)

I find it's even more juvenile that that. Their attitude seems to be "All DCS developers should stop all projects if they're not building something that supports the aircraft/roles/maps/missions/etc that I want".

They seem to have missed the memo that other people want different things than they do.

----

As for what I plan on using the F-5E for:

1) The sheer joy of learning the systems, history, and flight characteristics of a new plane.

2) Air-to-ground roles - as I've been almost exclusively a "ground pounder", to date

3) Transition learning from A2G to A2A - I think it will be a good plane for anyone wanting to "cross the floor": master the plane for the role you know, then learn the role you don't know :)

• Like 1

We'll use it (after tests):

- as a trainer for new pilots who find A10C or hardcore module too hard . they can learn A/A and A/G rôles with the F5E . The tiger will be a good transition .

-as a fighter oldschool , low level flight and bombing missions without protection of other aircraft.

-as an Agressor for training our pilots in A/A .

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

As air attack of other airplanes. The manouvres wil be exciting, far more then other jets. :D:pilotfly:

Edited by boedha68

New system:I9-9900KS, Kingston 128 GB DDR4 3200Mhz, MSI RTX 4090, Corsair H150 Pro RGB, 2xSamsung 970 EVO 2Tb, 2xsamsung 970 EVO 1 TB, Scandisk m2 500 MB, 2 x Crucial 1 Tb, T16000M HOTAS, HP Reverb Professional 2, Corsair 750 Watt.

Old system:I7-4770K(OC 4.5Ghz), Kingston 24 GB DDR3 1600 Mhz,MSI RTX 2080(OC 2070 Mhz), 2 * 500 GB SSD, 3,5 TB HDD, 55' Samsung 3d tv, Trackir 5, Logitech HD Cam, T16000M HOTAS. All DCS modules, maps and campaigns:pilotfly:

I would create a "vietnam war era" style scenario, with '60s and '70s air and ground assets. Strictly EAST vs WEST. In this kind of enviroment You can use the F-5s as multi role fighter.

A dedicated server like this would be very appreciated :thumbup:

I plan to use it mostly A2A in the hoped for MiG21 v F5 servers. I have a lot more fun with WVR fights than the slammer party that is 104th. I quite enjoy when they run missions restricted to AIM-7 and 27Rs.

I'm hoping I can get enough of my crew from another game into this sim so we can field some 2v2 or 3v3 MiG21 v F5 engagements.

I will use the F5E not injure a human being or, through inaction, allow a human being to come to harm. Those inhuman SOBs better watch it.

OS: Windows 10 64bit / MB: MSI Gamers Edge /CPU:Intel CORE I5 9600K @ 4.5 GHz/ RAM: 32 GB / Gfx: Geforce 980 GTX TI x2 in SLI /Drives:1 970 NVMe & 2x SSD RAID 0 /Joystick: Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog/ TrackIR 5/Saitek Rudder

I will use the F5E not injure a human being or, through inaction, allow a human being to come to harm. Those inhuman SOBs better watch it.

:lol:

I robot reference

Build:

Windows 10 64 bit Pro

Case/Tower: Corsair Graphite 760tm ,Asus Strix Z790 Motherboard, Intel Core i7 12700k ,Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 64gb ram (3600 mhz) , (Asus strix oc edition) Nvidia RTX 3080 12gb , Evga g2 850 watt psu, Hardrives ; Samsung 970 EVo, , Samsung evo 860 pro 1 TB SSD, Samsung evo 850 pro 1TB SSD,  WD 1TB HDD

How do you see yourself using the Tiger?

Intensely :joystick:

- Jack of many DCS modules, master of none.

- Personal wishlist: F-15A, F-4S Phantom II, JAS 39A Gripen, SAAB 35 Draken, F-104 Starfighter, Panavia Tornado IDS.

| Windows 11 | i5-12400 | 64Gb DDR4 | RTX 3080 | 2x M.2 | 27" 1440p | Rift CV1 | Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS | MFG Crosswind pedals |

:lol:

I robot reference

I think you mean Isaac Asimov reference. The laws of robotics featured in pretty much all his works, not just the collection of short stories titled "I, Robot".... and certainly not just in the pile of steaming hollywood wreckage that bismirched the name.

:pilotfly:TOO Go VERY VERY FAST:joystick::D:megalol:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC] SMOKE'M:smoke: IF YA GOT'M!:gun_rifle:

H2o Cooler I7 9700k GA 390x MB Win 10 pro

Evga RTX 2070 8Gig DD5

32 Gig Corsair Vengence, 2T SSD.

TM.Warthog:joystick: :punk:, CV-1:matrix:,3x23" monitors, Tm MFD's, Saitek pro rudders wrapped up in 2 sheets of plywood:megalol:

• 2 weeks later...

How will you use the F5?

I will use the Sim version and the Game version for full boehmia time spent......

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

---- " In Peace.....Prepare to War "--------

Wishlist : F-4 Phantom / F-20 TigerShark / Su-34

Processor Core i7 4790, 32 Gb RAM, 2 Tb SSHD, GTX 750 2Gb, 1920X1080 Gaming Monitor, Senze Joypad, Windows 8.1 Pro 64Bit, VMware Workstation 12 for WindowsXP with Office 2007 and Linux OpenSUSE for Net Access.

As for what I plan on using the F-5E for:

1) The sheer joy of learning the systems, history, and flight characteristics of a new plane.

Aye. Agreed. It is a hardcore fast mover andso I have prepurchased while awaiting the Hornet.

"You see, IronHand is my thing"

My specs:  W10 Pro, I5/11600K o/c to 4800 @1.32v, 64 GB 3200 XML RAM, ASUS RTX3060ti/8GB.

Kinky! ;)

:megalol:

But seriously, I will use it to learn more about an awesome, iconic aircraft and it's flight regime and systems. And to fly really fast! Looking forward to the release. I used to be a FSXaholic, and I couldn't get off it or P3D, but these days I can hardly find time with all the flying I am doing in DCS World.

Cheers,