JTAC's usage question

Darcaem

Hi!

I created a very simple mission (attached) to play a little with the AGM65E on the F18. I have to take off and follow closely an airliner that happens to fly over my target, an EWR, to "cover" my radar signature. A predator is flying over the target acting as JTAC.

My problem was that I reported IN to the JTAC, asked for LASER ON, and he answered me that he was lasing, as usual. I approached to about 10k feet at 10nm to the target and fired the maverick. A couple of seconds later, the JTAC radio me "ABORT, ABORT, ABORT". I assume he stopped lasing because the maverick just went down to the water at 3 or 4 nm from the target.

Am I doing something wrong while playing? Am I setting something wrong to the predator on ME?

I setted a trigger to spawn a 4-flight F14s when I separated from the airliner to shoot. They spawned seconds before the predator told me to abort, but the spawn at 200nm or so (they are meant to not reach me if I fly close to the airliner). Could that be the reason, if the JTAC is somehow "threatened", it aborts?

Thanks for any inputs! And sorry if this is a stupid question :huh:

5.miz

I retried the mission to try to replicate the situation. First time it worked fine, I destroyed the target. Second time I got the same "error", I'm attaching the track file.

I just went full afterburner direct to the target, but I followed the flight plan so the F14s were spawned. They spawn and a couple of minutes later I shoot the AGM. After I shoot, I got the abort message. In the previous try, where I could destroy the target, the F14s did not spawn.

jtac.trk

Darcaem, I've had the same problem. The issue is that you have to report IP INBOUND **BEFORE** you fire. JTAC will then give you clearance to fire and you can shoot.

Very Respectfully,

Kurt "Yoda" Kalbfleisch

London

"In my private manual I firmly believed the only time there was too much fuel aboard any aircraft was if it was fire." --Ernest K. Gann