[NO BUG] Flir PTRK bug with AMPCD

toutenglisse

Hi, I think there is a bug now with AMPCD + Flir for choosing options (point track, aera, etc...)

Usually you have to push "sensor hat" in the direction of the screen you use (left or right DDI or AMPCD) to change tracking options. It works for DDIs but not for AMPCD : push sensor down when AMPCD is selected does nothing, I have to push left.

Its ok if left DDI is not selectable (with Jdams/Jsows menu for exemple), but if I am in MavE menu then push sensor left select left DDI (+ change the track option in AMPCD Flir). So I think it's a bug.

Short track joined.

ptrk-bug.trk

Confirmed, it is not meant to be used there, should be disabled in the future.

Not meant to, or not able at all?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

GCI: "Control to SEAD: Enemy SAM site 190 for 30, cleared to engage"

Striker: "Copy, say Altitude?"

GCI: "....Deck....it´s a SAM site..."

Striker: "Oh...."

Fighter: "Yeah, those pesky russian build, baloon based SAMs."

-Red-Lyfe

Best way to troll DCS community, make an F-16A, see how dedicated the fans really are :thumbup:

It seems to be also confirmed here : "All formats can be displayed on all displays, except the RDR ATTK and FLIR formats cannot be shown on the AMPCD"

If source is valid ? ( https://wiki.hoggitworld.com/view/F/A-18C#Digital_Systems_Overview )

DCS F18c early access guide only says "capable of providing any MENU selectable format except the A/G RADAR display" so it will probably be modified.

Edited by toutenglisse

• 7 months later...
I use Flir on AMPCD only because it's convenient when sun is low, AMPCD is sheltered.

Now if we just could cast shadows with our hands, via VR controllers or something similar to the flashlight feature which still doesn't work at all in VR BTW... would solve so many problems and increase the immersion at the same time luna-trcv.png

dcsdashie-hb-ed.jpg