[FIXED] Auto Throttle CTD

Tholozor

I think its a DCS Bug we got after last update (f 16 launch) :(

Pretty safe bet when the DCS log is showing

WARNING F-14: F-14 Build vs DCS version mismatch! Built with: 2.5.5.36367, DCS is: 2.5.5.36986

Note - not saying that is causing a problem,just that DCS has changed something & not the Tomcat.

Most Wanted: the angry Naval Lynx | Seafire | Buccaneer | Hawker Hunter | Hawker Tempest/Sea Fury | Su-17/22 | rough strip rearming / construction

having the same problem. complete dcs crash when activating autothrottle

DCS A10C / DCS Black Shark /DCS F-14/Persian Gulf map/ Nevada/huey/gazelle/f18/f16/ajs37/harrier/A-4

16gb 2400 RAM / Ryzen 5 3600 / ROG Strix RX 570 /750W thermaltake PSU

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Nothing in today's change log about a fix.

Spoiler

W10-x64 | Z390 Gigabyte Aorus Ultra | Core i7 9700K @ 4.8Ghz | Noctua NH-D15

Corsair 32Gb 3200 | MSI RTX 3080ti Gaming X

Asus Xonar AE | TM Hotas Warthog

MFG Crosswind pedals | Valve Index

Whether or not it's a DCS bug or a Tomcat bug doesn't really matter to me. The reason this bug report belongs here in the Heatblur sub-section is because it is Heatblur's module that is active when the problem occurs. No other plane makes the sim crash instantly when you activate auto-throttle.

Heatblur and ED have to figure out what is causing it and fix it. I assume they have eachother's contact information.

If you hit the switch when the plane is outside the parameters it just resets like it always does, it's when the auto throttle actually engages that it CTD.

Are there any other planes with auto throttle systems?

F-14B, F-16, F-18C, A-10C, F-5E, F-86, FC3, BF-109, FW-190, P-51, Spitfire, UH-1,AJS-37 Viggen, MIG-15, MIG-19, MIG-21, AV-8B Harrier, P-47D

Persian Gulf, Caucuses, NTTR, Normandy, The Channel, Syria

Combined Arms, WWII Assets,Super Carrier

TM Warthog, Virpil VFX,BuddyFox UFC, Saitek Pro Flight quadrant & Switch Panel, Odyssey+ VR, Jet Pad w/ SSA, Voice Attack w/Viacom Pro

GeForce RTX2080TI OC, Intel Core i7-7700K 4.5Ghz, 64GB DDR4, Dedicated 1TB SSD

It's interesting. We have been reporting this for one week and no action was taken and even there is no response..

FC3 | UH-1 | Mi-8 | A-10C II | F/A-18 | Ka-50 III | F-14 | F-16 | AH-64 Mi-24 | F-5 | F-15E| F-4| Tornado

Persian Gulf | Nevada | Syria | NS-430 | Supercarrier // Wishlist: CH-53 | UH-60

Youtube

MS FFB2 - TM Warthog - CH Pro Pedals - Trackir 5

If you hit the switch when the plane is outside the parameters it just resets like it always does, it's when the auto throttle actually engages that it CTD.

The Hornet, no issue so far.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Usually HB is pretty on top of a reported CTD like this, my guess is ED really changed something and it has borked more than just a quick code tweak can fix. I wonder if there's some autopilot logic added or modified by the Viper that shifted or entirely replaced a value or function the auto throttles relied on?

Heatblur Rivet Counting Squad™

VF-11 and VF-31 1988 [WIP]

VF-201 & VF-202 [WIP]

My guess is you should all just chill out. This will be taken care of.

Well, considering this thread has so far received no attention from any Heatblur nor any ED people (that we've seen), we don't know if they are aware of this bug or not.

If they'd acknowledge that they at least know about it, maybe listed it as a "known bug", then this thread wouldn't have to be bumped all the time. And I will shamelessly keep bumping it until it is seen, not because I am angry or "non-chill", but simply because I want to get it fixed so we can go back to using auto-throttle.

But, I think most of us are fairly "chill". It's simply a bug report about a pretty serious bug that causes the game to crash completely. I mean, the sub-forum is called "Bugs and problems" after all.

Early access is buggy, and we are all aware, but part of that process is giving feedback to the developers about discovered bugs. So, your comment that we should "chill" out doesn't really make much sense. Do you mean we should stop reporting discovered bugs? How will that help the devs? Or the module?

F-18's ATC and Viggen's AFK auto-throttles are both working. But as someone else said, the auto-throttle in the F-14 tries to maintain on-speed, so I suppose it works a bit differently, and that is where the bug comes from.

Confirmed, just happened to me, came straight here to report it.

| Callsign - NOMAD | i7-8700K Water Cooled | 32GB DDR4 3200 | Nvidia GTX 1080 TI Water Cooled | VKB Gunfighter Mk.II | Virpil MongoosT-50CM Throttle | Thrustmaster TPR Pedals |TrackIR Pro 5 |

Like, do you guys think afer FIVE pages of +1 and confirmed that it does need more of that?

i7 - 9700K | 32 GB DDR4 3200 | RTX 2080 | VKB Gunfighter Mk II /w MCG Pro | Virpil T-50CM2 Throttle | TrackIR 5 | VKB Mk. IV

AJS-37 | A/V-8B | A-10C | F-14A/B | F-16C | F-18C | F-86F | FC3 | JF-17 | Ka-50 | L-39 | Mi-8 | MiG-15bis | MiG-19 | MiG-21bis | M2000-C | P-51D | Spitfire LF Mk. IX | UH-1H

Because more +1s make them respond faster? Okay!

i7 - 9700K | 32 GB DDR4 3200 | RTX 2080 | VKB Gunfighter Mk II /w MCG Pro | Virpil T-50CM2 Throttle | TrackIR 5 | VKB Mk. IV

AJS-37 | A/V-8B | A-10C | F-14A/B | F-16C | F-18C | F-86F | FC3 | JF-17 | Ka-50 | L-39 | Mi-8 | MiG-15bis | MiG-19 | MiG-21bis | M2000-C | P-51D | Spitfire LF Mk. IX | UH-1H