Ship fuel bug (possibly general fuel bug for all a/c)

BaD CrC

So here is an interesting one. Haven't seen it reported.

Have two helicopters (doesn't matter the type) loaded with 100% fuel.

One helicopter A is positioned take off from ramp (hot or cold) on the Tarawa 1 with warehouse settings for liquids set to unlimited (or 100%, both are working). Spawning on the Tarawa 1 shows chopper A with fuel as set. So far so good.

One helicopter B is positioned take off from ramp (hot or cold) on the Tarawa 2 with warehouse settings for liquids set to 0. Spawning on the Tarawa 2 shows chopper B with no fuel in tanks (despite having been set to 100% fuel in ME).

Made a simple mission for you guys to play with.

I suspect:

- this is not limited to ship but FARPS and Airport might eventually be affected.

- this is not limited to choppers but all aircraft will spawn with zero fuel if warehouse is set to 0 liquids, despite whatever fuel settings for the aircraft in the ME.

This is a problem for me because I am designing fuel limited missions and sometimes I don't want pilots to be able to refuel before take off.

Thanks for looking at this.

Edit: Temporary workaround is to leave just 1 ton of Jet fuel available on the Tarawa and chopper will spawn with the correct fuel load. But it is not completely satisfactory. 1 ton of Jet fuel is 1700 liters (you can refuel 1,5 gazelles) and partially refuel a K-50.

Ship Fuel bug.miz

Edited by BaD CrC

This probably shouldn't be in object errors. More of a mission editor question/issue.

The payloads aircraft start with doesn't take anything out of the warehouse until it spawns in. So an aircraft set to start with 1400 kg of fuel means it will only deduct that fuel once it spawns. If the warehouse has 1000kg of fuel, then that is all the aircraft will get. If you had another aircraft set to spawn then there won't be any fuel for the warehouse to supply to it. Likewise if the warehouse had 2000kg of fuel then the first aircraft would get 1400 and the 2nd would get 600. Same applies for weapons, if you set it to have fewer than 12 vikhers then when the aircraft spawns that is all it will have. Worth noting that launchers appear to be full but in reality they are not, which is possibly a bug because I distinctly remember seeing a vikher launcher with empty racks.

However there is a known MP bug where clients are not impacts by the warehouses on ships, for them it is as if unlimited munitions, fuel, and aircraft are enabled.

The right man in the wrong place makes all the difference in the world.

Current Projects:  Grayflag ServerScripting Wiki

Useful Links: Mission Scripting Tools MIST-(GitHub) MIST-(Thread)

SLMOD, Wiki wishlist, Mission Editing Wiki!, Mission Building Forum