C-101CC - MK82 bombing - When to start dive roll ?

Hello there !

I'm training with MK-82 and I'm looking for an "easy" way to identify when to start my dive roll and keep my configurer parameters.

Exemple, when I set for a 10° dive angle attack, how can I know when to start my dive in order to be at 10° all the time until weapon release ?

Thanks !

Have a nice day.

image.png

06th Multirole Helicopter Regiment

Bataillon d'appui aérien - Escadrille HOG

Hello,

The depression tables dont have values for a 10º dive .. for me, the best way to drop them was to use a 20º dive, depression set at 110 mil for releasing the bombs at 750 feet and at 250 knots; like on this video:

Yt1Xh5rh4m0

It takes a bit of practice to get the feel for this, if I find that I'm diving a bit faster than 250 knots then I release the bombs before reaching 750 feet, to compensate ... but there is no easy way, only practice a lot :)

Cheers.

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

Thanks ! Yes ! I talked about 10°, but in fact it was 20.

I used the 90 mil for 500 feet. Is the baro altimeter in feet or meters ? I have a doubt (and I didn't have the doc right now with me).

When do you start your dive on your target ? Have you any tips for that ?

Thanks !

image.png

06th Multirole Helicopter Regiment

Bataillon d'appui aérien - Escadrille HOG

I used the 90 mil for 500 feet. Is the baro altimeter in feet or meters ?

Its in feet.

When do you start your dive on your target ? Have you any tips for that ?

I start when the target begins to go under my nose. You can try the practice missions that I made a while ago:

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=229128

:)

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

Hi,

I approach the target from a side, I use the graphic reference using the canopy/wings borders. Just experiment your references, use tacview to polish that. Once you got your spot for your personal diving angle, then you only have to practice.

I personally prefer start diving sround 6-6.5 thousand feets, using the canopy border where the clock is, and dive on idle towards the target, diving a little hard, releasing at 2000ft.