What's up with Polychop?

crudboy12

I heard the PC was going through some internal restructuring. How is this going? We haven't heard from them for a while, so I am just wondering whats going on. I love the gazelle and I am looking forwards to their other projects, so I hope they can get back on track soon.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

A-10C, FC3, P-51, BF-109, UH-1, MI-8, KA-50, M2000C, AJS-37, Gazelle, F-5E, L-39, F-86, MiG-15, MiG-21.

From the Polychop FB page:

"Dear all flightsim enthusiasts.

We appologize for our current silence.

Today I want to announce that we broke the 1500 likes a few days ago.

We do thank every follower and customer of Polychop Simulations for all the trust and love for our current product and hope to amase you with our news what will be next through our pipeline.

Surprise surprise, what is in the giftbox?

You want to make a guess?

During this year we will share some news about what was going on behind the curtains the past few month and what we aim for in the near future.

So stay tuned, if everything goes as planned we will share some bigger news during the next weeks.

Your Polychop Simulation Team"

• Like 1

Sounds promising, thanks for posting here grunf, I don't really like this trend of developers only posting over there.

I too would prefer the devs posting their news and updates here. I guess they have their reasons not to...

"...during the next weeks."

I hate to be a pessimist, but there are still 40 weeks left in the year.

There's a lot more weeks than that to the end of space time, but let's just take it in the sense it was obviously meant.

PC:

6600K @ 4.5 GHz, 12GB RAM, GTX 970, 32" 2K monitor.

It is good to hear they are still working.

HP G2 Reverb, Windows 10 VR settings: IPD is 64.5mm, High image quality, G2 reset to 60Hz refresh rate as standard. OpenXR user, Open XR tool kit disabled. Open XR was a massive upgrade for me.

DCS: Pixel Density 1.0, Forced IPD at 55 (perceived world size), 0 X MSAA, 0 X SSAA. My real IPD is 64.5mm. Prescription VROptition lenses installed. VR Driver system: I9-9900KS 5Ghz CPU. XI Hero motherboard and RTX 3090 graphics card, 64 gigs Ram, No OC at the mo. MT user  (2 - 5 fps gain). DCS run at 60Hz.

Vaicom user. Thrustmaster warthog user. MFG pedals with damper upgrade.... and what an upgrade! Total controls Apache MPDs set to virtual Reality height with brail enhancements to ensure 100% button activation in VR.. Simshaker Jet Pro vibration seat.. Uses data from DCS not sound.... you know when you are dropping into VRS with this bad boy.

I don't really like this trend of developers only posting over there.

I don't understand the logic of it.

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

No it seems odd. perhaps they got too much flak here.

HP G2 Reverb, Windows 10 VR settings: IPD is 64.5mm, High image quality, G2 reset to 60Hz refresh rate as standard. OpenXR user, Open XR tool kit disabled. Open XR was a massive upgrade for me.

DCS: Pixel Density 1.0, Forced IPD at 55 (perceived world size), 0 X MSAA, 0 X SSAA. My real IPD is 64.5mm. Prescription VROptition lenses installed. VR Driver system: I9-9900KS 5Ghz CPU. XI Hero motherboard and RTX 3090 graphics card, 64 gigs Ram, No OC at the mo. MT user  (2 - 5 fps gain). DCS run at 60Hz.

Vaicom user. Thrustmaster warthog user. MFG pedals with damper upgrade.... and what an upgrade! Total controls Apache MPDs set to virtual Reality height with brail enhancements to ensure 100% button activation in VR.. Simshaker Jet Pro vibration seat.. Uses data from DCS not sound.... you know when you are dropping into VRS with this bad boy.

From the Polychop FB page: [...]

Cool, thanks for sharing it with us!

I, too, think they should have posted this here on their own, but at least it seems they're still quite active. :thumbup:

"...during the next weeks."

I hate to be a pessimist, but there are still 40 weeks left in the year.

Who said anything about the current year? Seems you're more of an optimist than you give yourself credit for. :D

For those of us with standards, nothing short of a completely re-worked Gazelle flight model will redeem Polychop and get the 105 back on our "to buy" lists. And not "eventually" - soon.

Come on. Don't turn any thread about Polychop into another FM discussion (not referring to you in particular, but to this trend). Lots of topics available for FM discussion. This shouldn't be one of them.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
I heard the PC was going through some internal restructuring. How is this going? We haven't heard from them for a while, so I am just wondering whats going on. I love the gazelle and I am looking forwards to their other projects, so I hope they can get back on track soon.

Plus 1 All i can say is Polychop take my money for the 105, the Gazelle is a hoot to fly. :thumbup:

Control is an illusion which usually shatters at the least expected moment.

Gazelle Mini-gun version is endorphins with rotors. See above.

Currently rolling with a Asus Z390 Prime, 9600K, 32GB RAM, SSD, 2080Ti and Windows 10Pro, Rift CV1. bu0836x and Scratch Built Pedals, Collective and Cyclic.

Plus 1 All i can say is Polychop take my money for the 105, the Gazelle is a hoot to fly. thumbup.gif

+1000

"Yeah, and though I work in the valley of Death, I will fear no Evil. For where there is one, there is always three. I preparest my aircraft to receive the Iron that will be delivered in the presence of my enemies. Thy ALCM and JDAM they comfort me. Power was given unto the aircrew to make peace upon the world by way of the sword. And when the call went out, Behold the "Sword of Stealth". And his name was Death. And Hell followed him. For the day of wrath has come and no mercy shall be given."

Gazelle is a hoot to fly. :thumbup:

I agree. It has the best Cessna flight model out of all DCS aircraft once you get over 40knts and responds nicely to barrel rolls and keeping bank.

Unfortunately, it's a helicopter and not a fixed wing... :doh:

I agree. It has the best Cessna flight model out of all DCS aircraft once you get over 40knts and responds nicely to barrel rolls and keeping bank.

Unfortunately, it's a helicopter and not a fixed wing... :doh:

Wot Cessna 's aren't fun to fly. C'mon anything that gets you off the ground is fun to fly. :thumbup:

Control is an illusion which usually shatters at the least expected moment.

Gazelle Mini-gun version is endorphins with rotors. See above.

Currently rolling with a Asus Z390 Prime, 9600K, 32GB RAM, SSD, 2080Ti and Windows 10Pro, Rift CV1. bu0836x and Scratch Built Pedals, Collective and Cyclic.

Well, it appears the PC doesn't have to worry about other modules in the pipe. So they should have lots of time to work on the first one.

New 3rd party. Oliver Michel found Poly-Dynamics with the Bo-105 and Stuka projects as first modules.

https://www.facebook.com/PolyDynamicsDCS/

Edited by cichlidfan

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup: