DCS World Podcast: From the 476th vFG

Dojo

• Replies 237
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

VEAO Interview!!! 476th DCS Podcast

Folks,

We're honored to present to you episode 3 of the podcast, with the head of consumer products of VEAO joining to talk about... well everything! Please listen to the episode, and thanks tremendously to Pete (Pman) for taking the time to share.

I can tell you on and off the air as we were prepping, this is someone who deeply cares about your experience in DCS World. He is us! These are the teams you want to root for. Truly great things in store.

Enjoy!

http://www.476vfightergroup.com/content.php?269-476th-Podcast-Episode-3

(subscribers, this is up in the iTunes store and on all other RSS subcribing devices. Everyone else, feel free to download and play on any mp3 capable device, or just listen to it on the website by pressing the big green play button.)

Learn more about VEAO here: http://veaosimulations.co.uk

Thanks again,

-The 476th Podcast

@476th_vFG on Twitter

Edited by Dojo
Updating host link.
  • Like 1

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Your last question with Pman about the Lancaster made me go like:

happy-meme-face-rainbow-2.jpg

I find it perfectly reasonable to develop technologies modularly and in a increasing order of complexity. I had a vague idea that a quad-engine would pose a lot of issues, especially if you model the interaction between each engine (after all, there is a mechanical reason why you start the engines in a particular order, which I am very curious to learn about). Hopefully, VEAO will gain sufficient experience with the Dakota to model the Lanc' without having netcode or lag issues for online play. Anyway, I remain cautiously optimistic. :thumbup:

I listened to the last quarter of the interview and other bits and pieces here and there (but I plan to listen to the rest tomorrow) and I found it particularly informative. Many thanks to Pman and Dojo for taking of their time to bring us this very interesting podcast.

Get to work, I'm ready to start internal testing of the P-40 ;) :D

Haha, have no fear I am whipping my guys back and forth and we will have it on staff test for a couple of weeks and pending any major problems it will then make its way to the VEAO testers :)

Pman

Excellent podcast, very clearly understood so many things about Roadmap and others. :thumbup:

Phanteks Enthoo Evolv Tempered Glass, Asus ROG Maximus IX Hero, Intel i7 7700K @ 4.8, Corsair HX 1000i, Nzxt Kraken 62, 32gb DDR4 3000Mhz Corsair Dominator Platinum, Nvme SSD Samsung 960 Evo 1Tb, Asus Strix OC 1080ti, Philips 43" 4K Monitor + 2 x Dell 24" U2414H, Warthog HOTAS, Track IR 5, Obutto R3volution, Buttkicker Gamer 2, MFG Crosswind pedals, Occulus Rift CV1, Windows 10 Pro.

Silver_Dragon, I appreciate the interest! Since this podcast was meant for the entire DCS Community, I would love to have it translated. I spent a little time researching this, and it seems to be a tremendous effort.

There is apparently some software that will translate audio recording to text (which can then be translated to another language, using something like Google), but I don't know much about these programs or cost.

Doing this manually (as it is done by journalists and reporters) appears to be very time consuming. I read one response that 15 minutes of talking takes about an hour to transcribe. This episode was almost two hours long, I unfortunately can not spend the time to do this.

If someone is aware of a method to do this easily, by all means go for it. I also give permission to anyone to do this manually and distribute this in any language if you wish.

My sincere apologies that I can't be more helpful.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]