DELETE PLEASE MODS

• Replies 209
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks, my bad. I meant to say a Human LSO

Windows 10 Pro - 64 Bit / ASUS ROG Strix B650E-F Gaming / AMD 7800X3D / G.Skill Trident Z5 NEO 64GB DDR5 6000 Ram / SSD M.2 SK hynix Platinum P41 2TB / MSI Gaming GeForce RTX 4090 SUPRIM Liquid X 24G / SteelSeries Arctis 7 Headset /LG-Ultragear 38" IPS LED Ultrawide HD Monitor (3840 x 1600) / Track IR4 / Thrustmaster TPR Pendular Rudder Pedals / Virpil HOTAS VPC Constellation ALPHA-R & VPC MongoosT-50CM3 Throttle

What's the link to the latest and greatest .miz? Most all the links in the previous pages appear to be old/broken.

Topgun505

Win 10 Pro 64-bit, Intel Core i7-8700k, Evga GTX 1080 FTW, 64 GB DDR4 RAM, Alienware 34" 2K LED, TrackIR 5 Pro, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Saitek Pro Rudder, Thrustmaster MFDs x3, Razer Nostromo n52.

What's the link to the latest and greatest .miz? Most all the links in the previous pages appear to be old/broken.

I second this. Just reformatted PC and need this mission again. Also would be nice to get this on the PG map. The Caucasus map gets really old.

Edited by Fuzzysham

Thanks for the update! I just downloaded it!

I am running Triple-Screens and when I press LAlt+F9 I am very far zoomed in. I have to reduce my FoV by pressing the RCtrl+/ everytime I go to this view. .. Is there anyway that I can adjust the FoV in the lua code so it starts at a better FoV?

I finally saw the sky blue arrows when my screen went black for a second as I quit the mission. Since they are the same color as the sky they are almost impossible to find if you are a noob. Is there any change you could change them to green or red or some color that would show up against the sky?

Thanks!

Edited by Snacko

Intel I9-10850K (OC @ 5.0ghz) │ Asus Maximus XII Hero │ G.Skill Ripjaws 64GB (4x16GB) DDR4 3200 │ Thermaltake Water 360mm
Gigabyte RTX 4090 Gaming OC 24gb │ 2TB M.2 EVO Pro; 1T M.2 EVO; Sandisk SSD Drives │ 49" Samsung Curved Widescreen │ 28" Touchscreen

- ҉ - Blackshark Cockpit Trainer - ҉ -    Thread   | Download

Hi Snacko, thanks!

The blue arrows are now a redundant feature and no longer required if you use OVGME to install the various views. The two overlay pages you require are automatically loaded as page 1 when you load a view (either VR or monitor).

As for FOV sadly no you have to zoom out each time, I never really looked in to changing it though.

Thanks, I see that I can just install separate mod for the diff views now.

Intel I9-10850K (OC @ 5.0ghz) │ Asus Maximus XII Hero │ G.Skill Ripjaws 64GB (4x16GB) DDR4 3200 │ Thermaltake Water 360mm
Gigabyte RTX 4090 Gaming OC 24gb │ 2TB M.2 EVO Pro; 1T M.2 EVO; Sandisk SSD Drives │ 49" Samsung Curved Widescreen │ 28" Touchscreen

- ҉ - Blackshark Cockpit Trainer - ҉ -    Thread   | Download

• 3 weeks later...

Awsome mod! Thanks Jar :thumbup:

A warrior's mission is to foster the success of others.

i9-12900K | MSI RTX 3080Ti Suprim X | 128 GB Ram 3200 MHz DDR-4 | MSI MPG Edge Z690 | Samung EVO 980 Pro SSD | Virpil Stick, Throttle and Collective | MFG Crosswind | HP Reverb G2

RAT - On the Range - Rescue Helo - Recovery Tanker - Warehouse - Airboss

Excellent Mod VFA-113!! I have all installed, however, I noticed in the latest version (2.0), that there is only one crosshairs page in the Manual on page 1. The rest of the pages are the UH-1 manual pages. Am I missing something, as the one in your video with the additional information is certainly going to more useful.

vCAPT Scott "LoVis" Gray

Chief of Naval Personnel

Virtual United States Navy - VUSN

vusn.org

• 2 weeks later...
Hey guys, everyone should own the Huey!

I'm not going to buy an (very expensive) aircraft I have no intention of ever flying just so I can play LSO. Your subjective opinion doesn't apply. Not everyone has the money to blow on dcs modules. I for one enjoy the modules I do own, and would rather master them than to buy them all.

It works perfectly without the Huey.

Would you please explain how to make that happen? Because I don't have the huey, and I just installed the mod (VFA-113 VIEW PLAT CAM - MONITOR), and the 'Manual' Option doesn't show up on the escape menu. And when I got LAlt+F9, I get a clear screen with no markings, crosshairs, or anything.

Also it does break the integrity check, making it fancy, but useless on all servers except for those that allow unpure clients, which is basically none of the big ones such as 104th or TTI.

I looked into the Folder structure and there is an 'aircraft' mod for the Uh-1H, containing the manual.txt.lua and the image for the platcam. I had a look at the lua file and I see lots of references to Uh-1H instruments and texts such as:

Game Flight mode makes the helicopter much easier to fly. This mode is especially recommended for beginners and users without a joystick. Game Avionics mode adds arcade-type indication to the screen and simplifies target detection, weapons selection and firing.
It would seem that file needs some adjustment for other aircraft to work.

So since you claimed it works without the huey I'd like you to give a detailed explaination as to how to make that work please.

Thank you.

Edited by FalcoGer

Just place the platcam image as the first image in the TF-51 manual folder and change the Huey’s in the miz file to TF-51s. You can change the Lua text if you need to but it’s not necessary. Everyone has the TF-51. The Huey is worth every penny to buy.

And yes this breaks IC, Jar has been kind enough to provide everything in OVGME format so it’s easy to swap it in and out. Might be worth showing a little respect to the people that spend hours putting together free mods for people just to get crapped on in the forums.

Might be worth showing a little respect to the people that spend hours putting together free mods for people just to get crapped on in the forums.

+1

i9-12900K | MSI RTX 3080Ti Suprim X | 128 GB Ram 3200 MHz DDR-4 | MSI MPG Edge Z690 | Samung EVO 980 Pro SSD | Virpil Stick, Throttle and Collective | MFG Crosswind | HP Reverb G2

@JAR or anyone who knows: I was wandering about the dimensions of the black and red boxes shown in the mod.

Platcam.thumb.png.05aa967ffbd78a8f7c1596b3f260c90f.png

My findings are in the picture. Black numbers refer to glideslope error (deviation from 3.5 degrees) and blue to lineup error.

Red box: upper glidesope is 1.5 degrees and lower -0.9 deviation from 3.5 optimum. Lineup error is +-3 degrees?

Black box: upper glidesope is 0.8 degrees and lower -0.6 deviation from 3.5 optimum. Lineup error is +-1 degrees?

Under which conditions (glideslope & lineup error) would a pilot be waved off by the LSO?

Thanks!

+1

Might be worth showing a little respect to the people that spend hours putting together free mods for people just to get crapped on in the forums.

+100 TonyG and FunkyFranky

I would like to give him the benefit of the doubt but the arrogant tone and sense of entitlement is quite offensive. A good example of how not to ask for help and how to make himself look like a complete tosser ! :thumbup:

Sorry Jar, and everyone else for that matter, that you have to put up with individuals like this.

Edited by Strut

Regards

DL available skins here:

https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/?CREATED_BY=Strut

Pictures of my Skins here: https://imgur.com/a/bOQyQqW

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Win10 64bit, Intel® Core i7-5820K CPU OC @ 4.50GHz x6, X99A GAMING PRO CARBON, MSI RTX 2080 TI GAMING X TRIO 11Gb, 32GB DDR4 RAM, SSD 960 EVO250GB, SSD 850 EVO 500GB, JetSeat, MFG Crosswind Pedals, VPC Mongoose T-50, TMWH, DSD ButtonBox, Pimax 5k XR/BE

TonyG and Strut thank you for your kind support. Your squadrons are formally invited to fly in a VFA-113 Stingers PLAT CAM video, let me know when you would like to do it.

Funky Franky check out our PLAT videos and LSO training film:

BbMw4PcvMyY

Once your pilots are getting aboard safely it’s rare that we need to wave someone off.

The VFA-113 PLAT cam has been flown and personally verified by a real US Navy Carrier pilot as being more glideslope accurate than the real PLAT cam on a Nimitz class.

We at the Stingers have been using it for years and hope others get as much fun out of it as we do, and please post more videos of your approaches, I love seeing them.

Thanks Jar, PM sent.

Regards

DL available skins here:

https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/?CREATED_BY=Strut

Pictures of my Skins here: https://imgur.com/a/bOQyQqW

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Win10 64bit, Intel® Core i7-5820K CPU OC @ 4.50GHz x6, X99A GAMING PRO CARBON, MSI RTX 2080 TI GAMING X TRIO 11Gb, 32GB DDR4 RAM, SSD 960 EVO250GB, SSD 850 EVO 500GB, JetSeat, MFG Crosswind Pedals, VPC Mongoose T-50, TMWH, DSD ButtonBox, Pimax 5k XR/BE