*MULTIPLAYER* Logbook...The wait is FINALLY over! (release)

Ebs

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A good statistics system is #1 on my wishlist.

On the other hand I think that statistics can destroy a game (First Person Shooters for example). Something like a kill/death ratio is what makes people only think of themselves in a competitive combat game (or sim). It will definitely affect gameplay on popular open servers, such as 104th dedicated.

Take BF3, which is supposed to be a FPS that involves teamwork. Kill steal accusations and 'hackusation' fly around at a higher rate than grenades because everyone is there to improve their 'stats'. Doing something to benefit the team? Only if it grants me points or kills!

So a good statistics system could be in the form of a realistic logbook, where flight hours and mission succes rate are more valuable than some individual's K/D.

my 2cts...

• Like 1

'Frett'

On the other hand I think that statistics can destroy a game (First Person Shooters for example). Something like a kill/death ratio is what makes people only think of themselves in a competitive combat game (or sim). It will definitely affect gameplay on popular open servers, such as 104th dedicated.

Take BF3, which is supposed to be a FPS that involves teamwork. Kill steal accusations and 'hackusation' fly around at a higher rate than grenades because everyone is there to improve their 'stats'. Doing something to benefit the team? Only if it grants me points or kills!

So a good statistics system could be in the form of a realistic logbook, where flight hours and mission succes rate are more valuable than some individual's K/D.

my 2cts...

Totally agree!

my 2cts...

The 104th use to have stats back in FC2 and it didn't affect game play then, I don't see why that would change now. It all depends on the person flying. I would rather have a higher k/d ratio then have a lot of kills. Some people don't care about the risk of being shot down, they just try to get the kill....eve if they are running into a SAM or outnumbered. I have seen things like that happen many times before a guy still chasing me when our SAM's have fired at him. It comes down to some people play it just as a game and they don't care if they live or die. Other people want to actually be good and fly according to that.

When we would fly as a squad, it didn't matter who got the kill, just as long as the guy was blasted out of the sky. Other squads are the same way, at least that's how it should be. Teamwork is always a big part in this game, although there are some very good lone wolves out there. There have been times that I flew hours with my squad and only got 1 maybe 2 kills, but I was ok with that.

i7-4820k @ 3.7, Windows 7 64-bit, 16GB 1866mhz EVGA GTX 970 2GB, 256GB SSD, 500GB WD, TM Warthog, TM Cougar MFD's, Saitek Combat Pedals, TrackIR 5, G15 keyboard, 55" 4K LED

When we would fly as a squad, it didn't matter who got the kill, just as long as the guy was blasted out of the sky. Other squads are the same way, at least that's how it should be. Teamwork is always a big part in this game, although there are some very good lone wolves out there. There have been times that I flew hours with my squad and only got 1 maybe 2 kills, but I was ok with that.

I wish everyone thinks like you do. Unfortunately that is not the case. I'm not talking about squad gameplay (when you are on TS with a group of people), but open servers with individuals that can spoil gameplay because they have only one goal: Improve their stats to show them off later.

Think of what BF3 is supposed to be and what it became.

Don't you agree that mission succes rate, flight hours, landings, take-offs and confirmed kills suit this sim much better than Kill/Death ratio, Points/Kills/Death per unit of time, Win/Loss ratio etc...?

---

Thank you Ebs! Nice work!

'Frett'

I wish everyone thinks like you do. Unfortunately that is not the case. I'm not talking about squad gameplay (when you are on TS with a group of people), but open servers with individuals that can spoil gameplay because they have only one goal: Improve their stats to show them off later.

Think of what BF3 is supposed to be and what it became.

Don't you agree that mission succes rate, flight hours, landings, take-offs and confirmed kills suit this sim much better than Kill/Death ratio, Points/Kills/Death per unit of time, Win/Loss ratio etc...?

---

Thank you Ebs! Nice work!

People are going to do crazy stuff like that no matter what. Some people play just to have fun and others play it more rl like. Nothing we can do about that, unless you ran a closed server like the old Red Flags use to be like. One purpose of the stats is to show who is the best in a certain jet right? Every fighter pilot wants to be good and if they are good, why not do it. Getting easy kills against people that aren't good vs getting kills against other good pilots are two different things. I know some pilots back in FC2 would go out and get 10 kills within an hour, but they were kills against people that didn't know or noobs. Some people would take off and climb above angels 40, fire 120's from 40+ miles away and that was it. You rarely saw this guys down low unless they were taking off or landing :D.

i7-4820k @ 3.7, Windows 7 64-bit, 16GB 1866mhz EVGA GTX 970 2GB, 256GB SSD, 500GB WD, TM Warthog, TM Cougar MFD's, Saitek Combat Pedals, TrackIR 5, G15 keyboard, 55" 4K LED

We have different opinions and I'm sure we can argue many more days about it...

I predict that stats can destroy a game/sim based on experience with other games/sims.

You predict that stats will not affect some people's mentality.

We can only find out who is right when ED implements some sort of stat system...

'Frett'

Some people would take off and climb above angels 40, fire 120's from 40+ miles away and that was it. You rarely saw this guys down low unless they were taking off or landing :D.

Ah... them were teh days. FC3 put paid to that. lol :bye_3:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

my 2cts...

If it inspires competition that can only be a good thing, if you allow the counter argument. Pilots that might not otherwise bother to take a closer look at what is happening, might start doing so in the form of replaying tracks and examining the engagements.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Ah... them were teh days. FC3 put paid to that. lol :bye_3:

I'm just glad that they are getting worked on to be better and not super missiles. Just like the ET got neutered from FC1, all missiles got chopped in FC3......from what I hear.

I really like this Mod and the option to records the online flight time, in my case about 95% of my DCS time.

However I have a compatibility problem with this mod and the Multiplayer Message Removal Mod since both use a modified version of the Events.lua file.

Would it be possible to have one version of the MP Logbook that includes the Multiplayer Message removal lines on the "events.lua" ?

Thanks a lot :thumbup:

• 1 month later...
Is there a 1.2.4 version cmpatible MP logbook?

Current version crashes my game when i start it (patched to 1.2.4)?

Hreich, this is the old post, the more current one is here:

http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=102188

Steve (Slick)

ThrustMaster T.Flight Hotas X | TrackIR5 Pro | EVGA GTX 1070 | Win10 64-bit Professional | Dell Precision 7920 Workstation | 1 TB SSD | 128 GB Memory | Dual Intel Xeon Platinum 2.0 GHz 16 Core Processors (64 Total w/HT ON) | 24" Dell Monitor

crash with 1.2.4.

Please don't use this version. I', sure that EBS will update this great mod for us all :)

Simulatori: DCS A-10C II Warthog - DCS F/A-18C Hornet - DCS F-16C - VRS F/A-18E - 
HOTAS: TM Warthog - Cougar \ HP Reverb G2 \ WinWing Panels

Tally: I see the degenerate commie who wants to ruin our day.