Slip Indicator ball not in the center

Northwind

Very slight instrument mounting error, or uneven ground as Goblin said are possible. More likely is parallax error, a condition in which the pilot's head is not correctly aligned with the instrument in question. If I line up my gunsight pipper perfectly in the center of the combining glass the ball is centered in its race.

That is perfectly within acceptable tolerances in a real aircraft.

The point though, as Goblin points out above, is none of that really matters; the instrument is legal for both military and civilian instrument flight; as long as it moves freely in its race to the outside of the turns during taxi, it has passed its instrument cockpit check. Reference USAF manual 11-217 v1. Page 121 describes the ICC. From a regulatory and operational perspective, that instrument is perfectly acceptable.

However if you are really convinced this is a bug and you are capable of controlling the aircraft so precisely that that displacement of the ball causes issues for you (I am not nearly that capable and don't know anyone who is) here is the format the moderators prefer for bug reporting. All the best.

Edited by tom_19d
typo

Multiplayer as Variable

Asus Z97-A - I7 4790K - 32 GB HyperX - EVGA GTX 1080 Ti - Corsair 750i PSU

TM Warthog HOTAS - TM Cougar MFDs - CH Pedals - TrackIR 5 - Samsung RU8000 55”