Coding Stream! Part Deux

RagnarDa

Coding Stream! Part Deux  

55 members have voted

1. 1. Coding Stream! Part Deux

By (very) popular demand I’m doing another stream. Tune in at Tuesday 3 december at 19:00 to 20:00 GMT here

Don’t forget to vote above for what I will be doing in the stream.

Please don’t record the stream. And if you spot something that wasn’t meant to be publicly shown, keep it to yourself (but tell me!). Thank you!

giphy.gif

Edited by RagnarDa

DCS AJS37 HACKERMAN

There will always be bugs. If everything is a priority nothing is.

Would love to have IR Framstegning for Riggen ;)

MY SYSTEM SPECS: Hardware Intel pentium 3 @ 800 MHz, 256 Mb RAM, Geforce 2 64Mb, Dell screen 1024x768 + Microsoft sidewhiner joystick + TrackIR 2 + TrackClitPro SOFTWARE: Microsoft Windows 98, Noice Attack & VIASAT PRO, SnackView

I can't understand the DCS community.

"Everybody" is upset because modules do not get finished and stay in EA forever with bugs known for years, but if you have a poll to decide if a Dev should fix bugs, add a new feature or work on the next module, most votes are for working on the next module.

We customers are full resonsible on our own for all those things we are upset about and it seems that we don't deserve it other.

RagnarDa, sorry, don't want to hijack your thread. Its a great idea doing what you offer. Both thumbs up :thumbup:.

Steam user - Youtube

I am for quality over quantity in DCS modules

Problem is the setup for this voting.

Currently 16 votes for repairs, 12 for new stuff.

Should be clear to everyone.

Splitting 16 voices into a few several subtopics for repairs will of course make him do new content. I don't like this setup to be honest.

And I can't explain how upset I am sometimes about seeing such a slow progress on the finishing of the Viggen.

I personally see the Viggen not coming out of early access anyway.

Sorry to say, but that's what most probably will happen.

To support my statement:

I bet one strawberry cake including one big capuccino if the module leaves early access.

This package will go directly to RagnarDa's office once early access was left.

This poor guy is alone on the front, ... what a setup!

Edited by TOViper

Visit https://www.viggen.training
...Viggen... what more can you ask for?

my computer:
AMD Ryzen 5600G | NVIDIA GTX 1080 Ti OC 11GB | 32 GB 3200 MHz DDR4 DUAL | SSD 980 256 GB SYS + SSD 2TB DCS | TM Warthog Stick + Throttle + TPR | Rift CV1

I agree with the previous statements in this thread. "Working on next module" shouldn't be an option here. No offense, but you RagnarDA seems to be the only bugfixer for Viggen and you started this thing with the announcement "Watch me (try to) fix/investigate something in the Viggen!". Then that is what you should do.

It's pretty annoying that we need to fight in this forums to actually get people to finish what they've already started/promised before moving on to new projects. It's like telling your kid not to drag out new toys before he has tidied up his Lego that is all over the floor...

i7-7700K @ 4.9 GHz | Gigabyte Aorus Geforce GTX 1080 Ti | 32 GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance @ 2400 MHz (2800 OC) | Asus Strix Z270E Gaming | Samsung 970 EVO M.2 SSD 1 TB | Samsung 960 EVO M.2 SSD 500 GB | WD NAS Red 2TB SATA3 | Corsair Cooling Hydro Series H80i v2 | Thrustmaster Hotas Warthog | Saitek PRO rudder pedals | Valve Index

Pls try and fix these small things! :-)

Waypoint still switch when the trigger is unsafe. In ANF its working correctly.

Current stores should be shown when..

The Missile selector FRAMSTEGN is pressed

Trigger safety unsafe

Weapons error (FÄLLD LAST flashing)

Also When the Missile selector FRAMSTEGN is pressed, The Selected pylon should be indicated by a flashing symbol.

I agree with the previous statements in this thread. "Working on next module" shouldn't be an option here. No offense, but you RagnarDA seems to be the only bugfixer for Viggen and you started this thing with the announcement "Watch me (try to) fix/investigate something in the Viggen!". Then that is what you should do.

It's pretty annoying that we need to fight in this forums to actually get people to finish what they've already started/promised before moving on to new projects. It's like telling your kid not to drag out new toys before he has tidied up his Lego that is all over the floor...

Yep I also agree.

Out of curiosity, RangarDa, would you be allowed to stream at high enough resolution to read the code if you worked on the Viggen rather than the new module? As a coder myself I'm very curious to see what the DCS/Viggen codes look like!

By (very) popular demand I’m doing another stream. Tune in at Tuesday 3 december at 19:00 to 20:00 GMT here
Don’t forget to vote above for what I will be doing in the stream.

Please don’t record the stream. And if you spot something that wasn’t meant to be publicly shown, keep it to yourself (but tell me!). Thank you!

I'm happy to get a 2nd chance as I didn't manage to make it to the first stream. :)

I really hope you can fix (or rather implement) the IR FRAMSTEGN button, so that the active pylon/missile is flashing when pressed and further presses will cycle the active pylon/missile, so that we will be able to cycle between RB-24J and RB-74 if both are loaded.

I can't understand the DCS community.

"Everybody" is upset because modules do not get finished and stay in EA forever with bugs known for years, but if you have a poll to decide if a Dev should fix bugs, add a new feature or work on the next module, most votes are for working on the next module.

Probably because those people do not fly or even own the Viggen and are not interested in it...

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

With all due respect; if you can't handle a joke in the poll then.. don't look at the poll? :P

Problem is the setup for this voting.

Currently 16 votes for repairs, 12 for new stuff.

Should be clear to everyone.

Splitting 16 voices into a few several subtopics for repairs will of course make him do new content. I don't like this setup to be honest.

And I can't explain how upset I am sometimes about seeing such a slow progress on the finishing of the Viggen.

I personally see the Viggen not coming out of early access anyway.

Sorry to say, but that's what most probably will happen.

To support my statement:

I bet one strawberry cake including one big capuccino if the module leaves early access.

This package will go directly to RagnarDa's office once early access was left.

This poor guy is alone on the front, ... what a setup!

Expect to send a strawberry cake to RagnarDa!

The timeline for out-of-EA has been stated. I don't think you need to fight for anything.

Yep I also agree.

Out of curiosity, RangarDa, would you be allowed to stream at high enough resolution to read the code if you worked on the Viggen rather than the new module? As a coder myself I'm very curious to see what the DCS/Viggen codes look like!

The SDK is under NDA, hence we can't show any code (even our own stuff is risky as it can call plenty of SDK functions.)

Edited by Cobra847

Nicholas Dackard

Founder & Lead Artist

Heatblur Simulations

https://www.facebook.com/heatblur/

With all due respect; if you can't handle a joke in the poll then.. don't look at the poll? :P

Expect to send a strawberry cake to RagnarDa!

Erm ... sorry, .... hm... I didn't get the joke. :noexpression:

Anyway, I think it would make sense to send a big cake - no matter of early access status - to RagnarDa. He is alone, he is overworked, his only friends are his keyboard and Tuesdays.

Can you send address of office via PM (not joking now)?

my computer:
AMD Ryzen 5600G | NVIDIA GTX 1080 Ti OC 11GB | 32 GB 3200 MHz DDR4 DUAL | SSD 980 256 GB SYS + SSD 2TB DCS | TM Warthog Stick + Throttle + TPR | Rift CV1

I voted for LYSBOMB even though I've never used them. Having inop munitions after a rearm is pretty bad, but because they're such low priority "weapons" they are at risk of being completely ignored.

If they were any other munition that failed to launch/drop after a rearm there would be no question they would be #1 on the list, no poll needed...

So I thought I'd give my vote to the very few people who use this feature, and for whom it sounds like it's very much broken. (Last time I voted for the Altitude HUD bug, as that affects all of us).

Happy Voting!

The timeline for out-of-EA has been stated. I don't think you need to fight for anything.

I don't think anyone of your clients got that joke. The "out-of-EA" is already one year overdue so I hope you can understand our jumpiness.

i7-7700K @ 4.9 GHz | Gigabyte Aorus Geforce GTX 1080 Ti | 32 GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance @ 2400 MHz (2800 OC) | Asus Strix Z270E Gaming | Samsung 970 EVO M.2 SSD 1 TB | Samsung 960 EVO M.2 SSD 500 GB | WD NAS Red 2TB SATA3 | Corsair Cooling Hydro Series H80i v2 | Thrustmaster Hotas Warthog | Saitek PRO rudder pedals | Valve Index

Coding Stream! Part Deux

A clarification: even though “Next module” wins you will not be able to tell what it is (unless I make a mistake). So if it’s only out of curiosity you would vote for that you might want to reconsider.

Edited by RagnarDa

DCS AJS37 HACKERMAN

A clarification: even though “Next module” wins you will not be able to tell what it is (unless I make a mistake). So if it’s only out of curiosity you would vote for that you might want to reconsider.

Pls just try and fix these things

Waypoint still switch when the trigger is unsafe. What I understand it should also show the stores when its in UNSAFE?

And also the IR framsteg button. And make it show the stores also with a blinking number to know what is selected.

Also I dont know if this is possible, but I just want to have a mobile groundcrew that is tied to the Viggen when you enter a multiplayer server, that we can move around by ourself as we like. I dont know if it takes much resources and such but it would make the viggen so much more usefull in mp enviroment

I just want to use the mobile groundcrew more. And hope it can be integrated better somehow..

Waypoint still switch when the trigger is unsafe.

Do you have any source on that? Because my docs says automatic switching is only disabled when in SPA, when fixtaking or ANF.

DCS AJS37 HACKERMAN

Do you have any source on that? Because my docs says automatic switching is only disabled when in SPA, when fixtaking or ANF.

The source was your manual. :-)

This is what it says in the manual:

Automatic waypoint change:

The system will automatically select the next waypoint when the active waypoint is overflown or passed within a distance of 3 km. During modes ANF (attack) and SPA (Reconnaissance) or NAV with the trigger safety off (mode unsafe), this automatic switch is locked. Automatic switching does not apply for BX or landing waypoints.

Im talking about the NAV mode when trigger is unsafe.

I mean its not a big deal but its several times when you are doing attack runs and not using the ANF mode. Then its enoying when its switching waypoints when you have trigger unsafe..

Edited by Kristoffer79

Ok going to have to ask JediTeo (who wrote the DCS manual) then since it might say otherwise someplace else (the docs unfortunately often contradicts itself) or it might be an error in the manual.

DCS AJS37 HACKERMAN

F... . What if its the Draken, or a flyable Draken??? ... arhhhhhhg

Now I am in deep trouble with myself, since I've choosen one of the bug fixes. :doh:

Ok guys, here is my solution: We need 10 more RagnarDa's!

I get crazy about all this.

Bzzzzt.

:surrender:

my computer:

Ok going to have to ask JediTeo (who wrote the DCS manual) then since it might say otherwise someplace else (the docs unfortunately often contradicts itself) or it might be an error in the manual.

Here's what THE manual says about the topic:

zEYg8Ei.png

Viggen is love. Viggen is life.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

i7-10700K @ 5GHz | RTX 2070 OC | 32GB 3200MHz RAM |

Coding Stream! Part Deux

Ok. I cant see anything about what happens if the trigger is in unsafe? It just feels like it shouldn’t switch waypoint then. Cause some attacks are from nav mode. I don’t want the waypoint to switch then?

But maybe its right the way it is...

Skickat från min iPhone med Tapatalk

Edited by Kristoffer79

The SDK is under NDA, hence we can't show any code (even our own stuff is risky as it can call plenty of SDK functions.)

To add to this there is also IP consideration. But I guess that, depending on who you ask, might not be an issue at all

DCS AJS37 HACKERMAN