Is the embark/disembark in the editor broken?

Frag

Hi guys,

did a very small test mission with the Huey.

Infantry_1 as a waypoint 1 which has the advance waypoint action "Embark to Transport chopper_1"

Chopper_1 as a waypoint 1, which has the advance waypoint action "Embarking Infantry_1"

I am landing really close to him and he looks at me like an idiot doing nothing.

What am I missing? ROE? AlarmState? ... I am really out if ideas.

Is it another basic thing broken that was never repaired?

Hi guys,

did a very small test mission with the Huey.

Infantry_1 as a waypoint 1 which has the advance waypoint action "Embark to Transport chopper_1"

Chopper_1 as a waypoint 1, which has the advance waypoint action "Embarking Infantry_1"

I am landing really close to him and he looks at me like an idiot doing nothing.

What am I missing?

Is it another basic thing broken that was never repaired?

I have considered it broken for quite a while, but some here have reported they have it working.

After a little testing of the embark and disembark commands, the "Binding to Transport" option seems to be the broken part:

Using only one chopper in the flight and one set of troops:

1. If you set it up correctly with: Troops #001 embark command -> "Vehicle Group=Uh-1h" and "Binding to Transport=Pilot #001" pointing to the correct units, which you have then the chopper will land, but not pick up any troops and sit there indefinitely, the troops will also just stay where they are.
  2. If you set it up incorrectly with: Troops #001 embark command -> "Vehicle Group=Uh-1h" and "Binding to Transport=" , then the chopper will land, pick up any troops and take off, the troops will embark the chopper and disembark at other waypoint when set to.

Using 2-4 choppers in flight and multiple troops dispersed to embark each chopper in the flight:

1. If you set it up correctly with: Troops #001 embark command -> "Vehicle Group=Uh-1h" and "Binding to Transport=Pilot #001", Troops #002 embark command -> "Vehicle Group=Uh-1h" and "Binding to Transport=Pilot #002", Troops #003 embark command -> "Vehicle Group=Uh-1h" and "Binding to Transport=Pilot #003" pointing to the correct units, then the chopper will land, but not pick up any troops and sit there indefinitely, the troops will also just stay where they are.
  2. The above work around for single flight of chopper (#2) will not work, as lead will load up but non of his wingmen can, so they remain grounded indefinitely.

Regards, Ian.

Test - UH-1H embark and disembark (No Binding to Transport).trk

Test - UH-1H embark and disembark (Not working).trk

Edited by MadDog-IC
Added track files to show issue

Asus p877v-pro, Intel I7 3770k 4.2ghz, 32gb Ripjaw X ram, Nvidia RTX-2070 Super, Samsung 32" TV, Saitek x52 pro Joystick and Combat rudder pedals, TrackIR 5, Win8.1 x64 with SSD and SSHD protected by (Avast AV).

DCS Tech Support.

I have considered it broken for quite a while, but some here have reported they have it working.

After a little testing of the embark and disembark commands, the "Binding to Transport" option seems to be the broken part:

1. If you set it up correctly with: Troops #001 embark command -> "Vehicle Group=Uh-1h" and "Binding to Transport=Pilot #001" pointing to the correct units, which you have then the chopper will land, but not pick up any troops and sit there indefinitely, the troops will also just stay where they are.
  2. If you set it up incorrectly with: Troops #001 embark command -> "Vehicle Group=Uh-1h" and "Binding to Transport=" , then the chopper will land, pick up any troops and take off, the troops will embark the chopper and disembark at other waypoint when set to.

Using 2-4 choppers in flight and multiple troops dispersed to embark each chopper in the flight:

1. If you set it up correctly with: Troops #001 embark command -> "Vehicle Group=Uh-1h" and "Binding to Transport=Pilot #001", Troops #002 embark command -> "Vehicle Group=Uh-1h" and "Binding to Transport=Pilot #002", Troops #003 embark command -> "Vehicle Group=Uh-1h" and "Binding to Transport=Pilot #003" pointing to the correct units, then the chopper will land, but not pick up any troops and sit there indefinitely, the troops will also just stay where they are.
  2. The above work around for single flight of chopper (#2) will not work, as lead will load up but non of his wingmen can, so they remain grounded indefinitely.

Regards, Ian.

Hi Mad Dog, what you described here is precise. I was able to reproduce exactly as you said but if the pilot of the chopper is AI only. If the player pilot the chopper and even land at 1 meter of your waypoint, the infantry will refuse to embark.

Switch it back to AI pilot ... and the soldier embark.

Seems like the AI is intelligent enough to not trust us LOLL Let me know if you have the same behavior ...

Hi Mad Dog, what you described here is precise. I was able to reproduce exactly as you said but if the pilot of the chopper is AI only. If the player pilot the chopper and even land at 1 meter of your waypoint, the infantry will refuse to embark.

Switch it back to AI pilot ... and the soldier embark.

Seems like the AI is intelligent enough to not trust us LOLL Let me know if you have the same behavior ...

Sorry got a bit confused with that first post, I am so used to doing testing with AI, just flown it myself as human pilot, you need to use the radio to call the fellows over to embark using ALT+\ or one of the other 3 radio set key command then F7-F1-F1 keys, they will load into your craft, but can't get others into AI wingmen choppers.

Cheers, Ian.

Asus p877v-pro, Intel I7 3770k 4.2ghz, 32gb Ripjaw X ram, Nvidia RTX-2070 Super, Samsung 32" TV, Saitek x52 pro Joystick and Combat rudder pedals, TrackIR 5, Win8.1 x64 with SSD and SSHD protected by (Avast AV).

DCS Tech Support.

Sorry got a bit confused with that first post, I am so used to doing testing with AI, just flown it myself as human pilot, you need to use the radio to call the fellows over to embark using ALT+\ or one of the other 3 radio set key command then F7-F1-F1 keys, they will load into your craft, but can't get others into AI wingmen choppers.

Cheers, Ian.

Thanks a LOT man! This is EXACTLY missing in my routine. I thought that this was all done automatically. Did not know about that radio command!

Do you know if we can make a lua call / script to call it at the exact moment we want (from a trigger while on the ground lets say instead of thru radio command). Briefly, what does the radio command calls to make them disembark?

If you know this, you will make my DAY.

• 4 months later...

Maybe I am missing it - but where can "Binding to Transport" be found?

VFA-113 | Stinger 307 | "Hank"

USN OEF OIF Veteran

i7-8700K OC'd 4800ghz | Gigabyte GeForce RTX 2080Ti OC'd | 32gb RAM | 2.5TB SSD | Odyssey + | TM Warthog HOTAS |

Maybe I am missing it - but where can "Binding to Transport" be found?

Its called ie "Distribution = Pilot #001" to allocate Pilot of heli that will carry what ever troops you pick from the next line down, that allocates the troops he is picking up and allocating weight of them to the chopper.

Attached some shots of my working test mission, well was last time I checked a while back ;0)

Regards, Ian.

831348368_UH-1H-EmbarkandDisEmbark-1.thumb.jpg.df11a637a54692bba39c90816851e37d.jpg

306296604_UH-1H-EmbarkandDisEmbark-2.thumb.jpg.298f6cff3a75c3e07c930291c51f90c5.jpg

151807404_UH-1H-EmbarkandDisEmbark-3.thumb.jpg.8ddfa84d23805c2a9e9511710a4c91ea.jpg

112036020_UH-1H-EmbarkandDisEmbark-4.thumb.jpg.a694585b4d99bc8d6aa031543d1f6d88.jpg

1101984568_UH-1H-EmbarkandDisEmbark-5.thumb.jpg.cecaca294648f795b091b0fcff8f50b4.jpg

DCS Tech Support.