A6-Intruder

Devil 505

this plane looks ugly as hell

but for God sake , does this plane think itself a B-52 or something?

a-6_2.jpg

Well, beauty is definitely in the eye of the beholder! As far as I am concerned, it has a tail hook, folding wings and a refueling probe. There is nothing more needed to qualify it as an exceptionally beautiful flying machine. Well, maybe one more thing....it was made by Grumman! :pilotfly:

• Like 1

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Hey, also, Frogfoot introduced in 1981, Intruder's first flight 1960....who was the odler design again Kev??

Buts that's exactly what i was pointing at.

Hence why i said it one one of the reasons, it shouldn't compare the two designs different dates along with the fact they were meant different attack purposes.

Edited by Kev2go

Build:

Windows 10 64 bit Pro

Case/Tower: Corsair Graphite 760tm ,Asus Strix Z790 Motherboard, Intel Core i7 12700k ,Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 64gb ram (3600 mhz) , (Asus strix oc edition) Nvidia RTX 3080 12gb , Evga g2 850 watt psu, Hardrives ; Samsung 970 EVo, , Samsung evo 860 pro 1 TB SSD, Samsung evo 850 pro 1TB SSD,  WD 1TB HDD

Why would you use introduction year vs. first flight?

The real numbers should have been 1963 vs. 1981.

It depends on the variant in question too. A6E which is being considered went into service around 1971, though if were getting a later model with its System and Weapons improvement program itl turn it into a early 80s bird.

Build:

Windows 10 64 bit Pro

Case/Tower: Corsair Graphite 760tm ,Asus Strix Z790 Motherboard, Intel Core i7 12700k ,Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 64gb ram (3600 mhz) , (Asus strix oc edition) Nvidia RTX 3080 12gb , Evga g2 850 watt psu, Hardrives ; Samsung 970 EVo, , Samsung evo 860 pro 1 TB SSD, Samsung evo 850 pro 1TB SSD,  WD 1TB HDD

It depends on the variant in question too. A6E which is being considered went into service around 1971, though if were getting a later model with its System and Weapons improvement program itl turn it into a early 80s bird.

You're thinking of the TRAM, which added the chin pod with the FLIR and laser. That was introduced in 1979. The SWIP was introduced in the early 1990s (just after ODS I believe), whih seems like such a waste since the bird was retired a few years later.

I'm dying for the A-6 as well. I'd love to see a SWIP or TRAM; the SWIP has some pretty nice nav gear and a very good standoff capability to go with the all weather attack role.

I..... neeeed..... Aaaa-6....

In all fairness,

My personal shopping list would be:

A-6E

F-14B

F/A-18C

Viggen...

Yet, the Vig came first.. how sad..

IowbofWm.jpg

• Like 1

The only way to make sense out of change is to plunge into it, move with it, and join the dance.

"Me, the 13th Duke of Wybourne, here on the ED forums at 3 'o' clock in the morning, with my reputation. Are they mad.."

https://ko-fi.com/joey45

I..... neeeed..... Aaaa-6....

In all fairness,

My personal shopping list would be:

A-6E

F-14B

F/A-18C

Viggen...

Yet, the Vig came first.. how sad..

It depends on my mood.

My personal wishlist shifts constantly. :D

TBH there too many aircraft im interested to really fit into a mere 4-5 AC wishlist. and even then depending on my mood they shift constantly around, though I will admit F/A18C, and F16C are probably my top two.

Edited by Kev2go

Build:

Windows 10 64 bit Pro

• 2 weeks later...

F-111F/C, Su-24M, A-6E, Su-34, F-15E, F-16A, Su-17, Jaguar, MiG-27K, Tornado IDS, ADV, A-7E/D, and that's before helicopters. No F-16C since the F/A-18 does literally everything it can

Well, at least a couple are coming. I remember seeing somewhere somebody saying that the F/A-18, A-10C, and F-14 would probably the most purchased modules

When RAZBAM's F-15E strolls in pending F/A-18C and status of their other stuff that'll probably change. I'll still buy as much as I can without going broke or forgetting to change my bike's oil XD

Edited by hvymtal

My Logitech Extreme3D Pro "Essentials" Profiles for FC3 and 25T:

https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/599930/

VERN0UL.png

Thrustmaster T.16000M, TWCS

FC3, F-5E, M2000C, AJS-37, C-101, F-14, NTTR

And there goes the wishlists.

Well, all I want is a-6a and f-4b; Early models for the navy and we have ourselves a decent era opponent for the mig-21 (and possibly the Mig 15 or 19 could sub for the 17) for Vietnam era combat.

For the airforce, an A-1 and an f105g would make my bucket list too, but I'd take the f-100 if BST want a successor for their f-86 ;)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well, all I want is a-6a and f-4b; Early models for the navy and we have ourselves a decent era opponent for the mig-21 (and possibly the Mig 15 or 19 could sub for the 17) for Vietnam era combat.

For the airforce, an A-1 and an f105g would make my bucket list too, but I'd take the f-100 if BST want a successor for their f-86 ;)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

well thw 21 we have is BIS which did not enter production until 1972, nor was this variant used in the vietnam war. SO personally i think for flexibility, we ought to have the A6E ( at minimum A6B, so we have a Sead capable intruder.)

Build:

Windows 10 64 bit Pro

• 2 weeks later...

I cant wait for an A6! would love a sead variant (more western sead badly needed). and to do some multicrew and have to do BLINK call outs on night runs with a shrike flying off the rail. would be cool if they impliment the flash as you shoot one. like blank the screen to simulate the blink. or even just have a white flash. fun opportunity for us vr players I think

im curious how implementation of bomb settings will be implimented since it was not an option in the cockpit. as stated before it was an interdictor similar to the viggen. attacking pre briefed targets. it obviously can do other stuff.

point is.... the settings for ripple are actually on the weapon rack so how will we as players change the setting? got these pics of it from one at an airshow couple years back. some nice views you dont see too often these days

http://imgur.com/a/IhMjb

Edited by tekrc

point is.... the settings for ripple are actually on the weapon rack so how will we as players change the setting? got these pics of it from one at an airshow couple years back. some nice views you dont see too often these days

http://imgur.com/a/IhMjb

No, read from p355

http://www.avialogs.com/index.php/aircraft/usa/grumman/a-6intruder/navair-01-85adf-1-natops-flight-manual-a-6e-intruder.html

The "Bombardier-Navigator" can do all the settings in the cockpit.

Mirage fanatic !

I7-7700K/ MSI RTX3080/ RAM 64 Go/ SSD / TM Hornet stick-Virpil WarBRD + Virpil CM3 Throttle + MFG Crosswind + Reverb G2.

Flickr gallery: https://www.flickr.com/gp/71068385@N02/728Hbi

No, read from p355

http://www.avialogs.com/index.php/aircraft/usa/grumman/a-6intruder/navair-01-85adf-1-natops-flight-manual-a-6e-intruder.html

The "Bombardier-Navigator" can do all the settings in the cockpit.

actually look at the pictures since they clearly show those controls outside the pit. the one I saw was before e model. since doc you ref is for the E. do we know what version we are getting? if its before E model this is still an issue

Edited by tekrc

actually look at the pictures since they clearly show those controls outside the pit. the one I saw was before e model. since doc you ref is for the E. do we know what version we are getting? if its before E model this is still an issue

The one in the pics looks like an E with the TRAM pod removed. The anti-collision lights on the bottom of the intakes were added to the TRAM to satisfy the FAA requirement for ventral anti-collision lighting. Previous A-6s used an add-on light that attached to the nosegear door when flying in US airspace.

EDIT: Great pics, btw!

Edited by Home Fries

What setting can you see on this rack ?

Do you see bomb ripple quantity or bomb spacing ? No.

Do you believe that such a sophisticated bomber, with terrain following radar wouldn't have such basic setting inside the cockpit ? (no matter what the version)

At best you have back up setting directly on the rack, in case of release computer failure, but these are paramount settings for any attack plane.

Don't worry, it will be on bombardier navigator's panels...

Here you have a view of the Armament control panel. I have a Natops flight manual, which covers A-6A/B/C/E and KA-6, but it's out of my reach for now.

b-a6-add-920-6.jpg

Edited by jojo

Mirage fanatic !

I7-7700K/ MSI RTX3080/ RAM 64 Go/ SSD / TM Hornet stick-Virpil WarBRD + Virpil CM3 Throttle + MFG Crosswind + Reverb G2.

Flickr gallery: https://www.flickr.com/gp/71068385@N02/728Hbi

• 1 month later...