Profile issues with x52 Pro and UH-1H Huey

skendzie

Hi everyone!

My first post here :pilotfly: and I just want to say how much I love the modules and the DCS community. Very mature and constructive.

I recently installed the x52 Pro and set up a profile (with the Saitek software). For example, I set up my pinky trigger and switches to change the gunner AI settings:

Mode 1 + Pinky

T1 = ctrl+2

T2 = alt+2

Mode 2 + Pinky

T1 = ctrl+2

T2 = alt+2

When I'm in mode 2, everything works no problem. But when I'm in mode 1, it switches me to the gunner seat or co-pilot seat. :joystick: Seems like it doesn't register the alt or ctrl command, so the T1/T2 switches don't change the gunner AI settings even though it's the same command. Is this a bug or and I doing something wrong??

Thanks in advance!

*EDIT: I lied, it's actually my 3rd post. It's been awhile lol

Edited by skendzie

I learned the solution through another topic.

I wasn't pressing the Alt + 4 key at the same time. I was pressing alt then 4 sometimes. The Saitek software, SST, doesn't make a distinction between Alt, 4 and Alt + 4. So be careful when programming your profile. Because even if it looks the same, it isn't the same behind the scenes.

Cheers.

i personally dont use the software other than to get ride of the mode switcher. i use dcs to bind every thing.i think its easier and most effective

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Mods:Diveplane's unofficial soundpack

Specs:

JOYSTICK: Saitek X52 pro

RUDDER: Saitek Pro Flight Rudder

HEAD TRACK: TackIR 5

CPU: AMD FX-8350 Eight-Core 4.7GHz

GPU: Sapphire Radeon HD 7970

Cooler: Cooler Master Seidon 240M

RAM: Corsair Dominator 16GB 1866 DDR3

SSD: OCZ RevoDrive3 240GB PCIe

MOBO: Asus M5A99X EVO R2.0

HDD: Seagate Barracuda 2TB Hard Drive

PSU: Cooler Master Silent Pro M 1000W 80+ Bronze

Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit OS

That's what other people were saying. But to be honest, I kind like the little screen (MFD) on the throttle because if I bind a key to a button and program the keystroke name, it will display on the MFD. This helps me a lot because I'm kinda new so I forget the controls :P

I also like switching modes. Maybe you can use different modes with DCS keybinding but I can't figure it out yet.

• 2 weeks later...
I learned the solution through another topic.

I wasn't pressing the Alt + 4 key at the same time. I was pressing alt then 4 sometimes. The Saitek software, SST, doesn't make a distinction between Alt, 4 and Alt + 4. So be careful when programming your profile. Because even if it looks the same, it isn't the same behind the scenes.

Cheers.

just make a macro... been using Saitek for many years, you just need to know how to use the profiler

ASUS Strix Z790-H, i9-13900, WartHog HOTAS and MFG Crosswind

G.Skill 64 GB Ram, 2TB SSD

EVGA Nvidia RTX 2080-TI

55" Sony OLED TV, Oculus VR