Best sim money ever spent!

Pigmachine

The thing is so fun to fly! I were looking forward to the F-15E, and didn't think I'd get another '3rd party' module.

But I were proved wrong. Damn it's fun, and looks great also! (and no slowdowns on my old rig at all) :thumbup:

(and 'rampstart' is so easy, even I remember it for more then a week)

CPU i7-6700K 4,3Ghz, RAM Corsair Vengeance LPX 2666M 2x16GB, GPU Gigabyte Gaming G1 GTX 1080, Monitor Benq 24" 1920x1080 @ 144Hz, MB ASUS Z170-A, OS Win 10 Pro (Creators ED), HOTAS X52 Pro, VR Oculus Rift Cv1

For some reason I think this sim gives the most feeling of flight than anything I've ever flown on a PC. I could almost feel my stomach float as I crested a hill and came down on the other side.

This sim is actually a waste of money!!!!

Why? I'll explain...

It made me trash all of my other simluators and the many add-ons I collected for them. Well, I reinstalled X-plane10, I confess, because I still miss the civil flying component, but after experimenting the thrills of flying with DCS's advanced / unique flight dynamics, everything else looks a toy....

It's a waste of the money I spent on other sims... That's what I meant :-)

Flight Simulation is the Virtual Materialization of a Dream...

For some reason I think this sim gives the most feeling of flight than anything I've ever flown on a PC. I could almost feel my stomach float as I crested a hill and came down on the other side.

Try this: fly the Shark on the river, as low as possible, towards the Inguri Dam from the upstream side, slow down, and push the collective down and cyclic full forward on the edge. Whoa!

Disabling the pitch channel on the autopilot might make it even better. Haven't tried with the Huey yet, should be just as good.

Hmm... I'll bring the PC to work for some minor upgrades tomorrow. Have to try this using a projector. And probably a bucket :D

Dear Shilka. I hate you so very very much. Love, Rex

I honestly was not going to buy, however my first heli I ever crewed was a h model. So I couldn't resist!!

Bullet

I7 4790K running at 4390 with a gigabyte board with 16 gigs of ram with an Asus gtx 660-ti and 2 tb of hard drive space on 2 wd hard drives. A X-65F Hotas with trackir4 and pro combat peddles. A kick butt home built machine unfortunately running a windows 7 OS.

I agree too. Huey rocks! Throw away all that freaking technology on modern jets and feel the wet pants flying over a hot LZ with the bullets coming directly to your ass while the whole cab shakes like hell. That´s flying IMAO

This sim is actually a waste of money!!!!

Why? I'll explain...

It made me trash all of my other simluators and the many add-ons I collected for them. Well, I reinstalled X-plane10, I confess, because I still miss the civil flying component, but after experimenting the thrills of flying with DCS's advanced / unique flight dynamics, everything else looks a toy....

It's a waste of the money I spent on other sims... That's what I meant :-)

:D

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]W10(64bit)Asus Rog Strix Z370-F - i7 8700K - Dark Rock Pro 4 - 16 giga ram Corsair vengeance 3000 - MSI RTX 2070 Super - Asus Rog Phobeus soundcard - Z906 Surround speaker - Track ir5 - HOTAS Warthog

I agree too. Huey rocks! Throw away all that freaking technology on modern jets and feel the wet pants flying over a hot LZ with the bullets coming directly to your ass while the whole cab shakes like hell. That´s flying IMAO

This is so true. It's much harder to hide your product when there's no complex avionics and weapons systems. You're left with just the feel of flight. BST have done as much as they could with DCS so far. If only ED could provide a landscape to rival flying through Chernarus, there'd be little left to desire. Also I wonder if all those people complaining before release are just as vocal after. Thank you BST and contributors.

I've been having a blast just flying it around in the Virtual aerobatic server. It's very engaging to fly and challenging to master - and I think that's what makes it so rewarding. Very well done module.

It makes me second guess my career path - I think I should've been a helicopter pilot instead! I come home from a 4 day airline trip and can't wait to spool up the Huey :joystick:

Flying an RJ just feels very sterile and disconnected from the world most of the time - you're just kind of "up there" with "George" the autopilot doing most of the flying. I enjoy the constant attention and pilot input involved with helicopters, and I feel that operating close to the ground gives a much greater sense of flight. The flight dynamics, sounds and overall immersion factor with DCS Huey captures that visceral feeling of flight extremely well.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Virtual Thunderbirds, LLC | Sponsored by Thrustmaster

Cooler Master HAF X Case | EVGA SuperNOVA G2 1000W PSU | EVGA Z270 Classified K |

Intel Core i7 7700k @ 5.0 Ghz | 512GB Samsung 960 Pro SSD |

16 GB G.Skill TridentZ DDR4 @ 3200 MHZ | EVGA GTX 1080ti FTW3 | WD 6TB 7200 RPM |

Oculus Rift | TM HOTAS Warthog | 27" ASUS VG278H 3D monitor | Windows 10 64 bit |