A-10C startup issues

drz400dude

For some reason I cannot get my engines to fire up. Even in the training mission, I follow everything he says. When it comes to the part that says "move the throttle forward to idle position, or use the R ctrl+home and Ralt +home keys', nothing works. I don't now if this has anything to do with it, but the throttle in game does not move according to my input on the x52pro throttle. The flight control stick moves, shouldn't the throttle? It works fine for runway and air starts. I am running DCS world 1.2.3, with saitek x52pro controls. I've already fixed the issues with sliders being off center so that isn't it. Anyone else run into this problem? Any help would be greatly appreciated! :(

Edited by drz400dude

If the throttle is in the off position (at cold startup) your controller wont move the throttle. You have to use the keyboard shortcut to move the throttle to the idle position, after that your controller will work.

However, the shortcut will only work as long as your controller is on idle. This means to start the engines you do the following:

simulated throttle is on off -> move controller on idle -> do keyboard shortcut -> simulated throttle will be on idle -> controller is able to move simulated throttle

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Oznerol's answer should fix it. I had the same issue with an old Thrustmaster joystick I was using. The Right Control + Home / Right AL + Home shortcut keys were the only ways I could set the in game throttles to idle and I had to have the throttle slider on my joystick all the way back (minimum throttle) to do this.

If that doesn't work, then Yellonet would be on the right track and you should check your key mapping to make sure it's default in regards to the throttle to idle functions.

Good luck.

http://www.youtube.com/user/311Gryphon

i7-8700, 32 GB DDR4 3000, GTX 1080 TI 11GB, 240 GB SSD, 2TB HDD, Dual (sometimes Triple) monitor, TM Warthog HOTAS, Saitek Pro Combat Pedals, TrackIR

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Had the same problem. For some reason now and again my X52pro throttle is not at idle in the control panel. Try unplugging and plugging back in the controllers, it worked for me :-)

Float like a butterfly, sting like a bee

Muhammad Ali-(Cassius Clay)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

If the throttle is in the off position (at cold startup) your controller wont move the throttle. You have to use the keyboard shortcut to move the throttle to the idle position, after that your controller will work.

However, the shortcut will only work as long as your controller is on idle. This means to start the engines you do the following:

simulated throttle is on off -> move controller on idle -> do keyboard shortcut -> simulated throttle will be on idle -> controller is able to move simulated throttle

Thanks but i tried this already. No luck. Everything is mapped correctly because it works on runway or in flight start just fine. I checked the mapping and didn't see anything out of the ordinary.