Supercarrier Price

joojoo

• Replies 283
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well...cross your fingers that Ed puts out something where at LEAST half of it works. :thumbup:

Wonder why you play DCS, if you have such a low opinion about their products? Why not go, and play something else?

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

Okay guys thanks for the help:thumbup:

System:Motherboard Asus ROG Strix Z390-E,Asus ROG GeForce RTX 2080Ti OC, GPU, 32GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4 Ram, Intel i9 9900K @ 5 GHz , cooled by NZXT Kraken X52, Acer XB270HU G-Sinc monitor, Windows 10 Pro, Warthog joystick and throttle with wasy extension, VBK Gunfighter Pro and MCG Pro,MFG Rudder, running on a dedicated 1TB Samsung 970 Pro M2 Nvme , Super Wheel Stand Pro, with a HP Reverb G2

I am going to purchase the carrier but I wish to know my status at the eshop and number of miles that

I have accumulated. Can someone tell me how to do that. I have searched extensively but can't find

how it is done.

Thanks in advance

Ibis

Edited by Ibis
clarity new description added

On the dcs homepage, not forums, login, then click on your profile, scroll down look for miles

SYSTEM SPECS: Hardware Intel Corei7-12700KF @ 5.1/5.3p & 3.8e GHz, 64Gb RAM, 4090 FE, Dell S2716DG, Virpil T50CM3 Throttle, WinWIng Orion 2 & F-16EX + MFG Crosswinds V2, Varjo Aero
SOFTWARE: Microsoft Windows 11, VoiceAttack & VAICOM PRO

YOUTUBE CHANNEL: @speed-of-heat

1569924735_WildcardsBadgerFAASig.jpg.dbb8c2a337e37c2bfb12855f86d70fd5.jpg

@Moderators

How long will the "F/A-18C + Supercarrier + Su-33" bundle be available? Only during this sale for 65 dollars, or will this be a permament option to get the Hornet and Carrier in one go, and if so, what will the likely price be post sale?

$50 is way too much for the Supercarrier. $25 is fair and what I think the full price should be and the most I will spend considering what the carrier is and what features it will currently have. However, we know very little at this point and if the feature list expands, a higher price may be more justifiable.

i5 7600K @4.8GHz | 1080 Ti | 32GB 3200MHz | SSD | DCS SETTINGS | "COCKPIT"

Let's see, minus 30% for pre-order, minus about $25 for already owning the F/A-18, minus $9.73 for miles sitting around doing nothing, so let's see, I paid... $15.26.... :megalol:

When you hit the wrong button on take-off

hwl7xqL.gif

System Specs.

Spoiler
System board: MSI X670E ACE Memory: 64GB DDR5-6000 G.Skill Ripjaw System disk: Crucial P5 M.2 2TB
CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D PSU: Corsair HX1200 PSU Monitor: ASUS MG279Q, 27"
CPU cooling: Noctua NH-D15S Graphics card: MSI RTX 3090Ti SuprimX VR: Oculus Rift CV1

With the 50% discount, $25 dollars is peanuts for the work involved. Unless people expect devs to work for free or are willing to pay a subscription service. I can`t see how anyone could whinge in relation to this. At that price I kept my 'air miles' for a later purchase.

Let's see, minus 30% for pre-order, minus about $25 for already owning the F/A-18, minus $9.73 for miles sitting around doing nothing, so let's see, I paid... $15.26.... :megalol:

After my discounts, it cost me $17.61. Definitely a bargain.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Lian Li 011 Dynamic Evo, Core i9 11900K @ 5.0GHz, Corsair H150i CPU cooler, Asus Prime Z590-A, Radeon RX6800 XT64GB, Team T-Force Delta DDR4 3600, Corsair RM1000X PSU,  Win 11 x64

Concur!

The SUPERCARRIER is worth much more than ED is asking, an incredible bargain even without discounts. So many dreams/prayers answered.

Thank you ED, this is a true milestone in flight simulators.

Yep!

Also, one needs to understand certain things when it comes to this module. ED invested, created or otherwise developed not only assets but also tools.

Coding and art design is one thing but also voice acting (with at least one former Hornet driver Jell-O), and most importantly animations and motion capture.

This module is a huge undertaking, great effort with a lot involved under the hood, and well worth $50.

Intel i7-13700KF :: ROG STRIX Z790-A GAMING WIFI D4 :: Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB ::  MSI RTX 4080  Gaming X Trio  :: VKB Gunfighter MK.III MCG Ultimate :: VPC MongoosT-50 CM3 :: non-VR :: single player :: open beta

Yep!

Also, one needs to understand certain things when it comes to this module. ED invested, created or otherwise developed not only assets but also tools.

Coding and art design is one thing but also voice acting (with at least one former Hornet driver Jell-O), and most importantly animations and motion capture.

This module is a huge undertaking, great effort with a lot involved under the hood, and well worth $50.

Especially considering how much of a "niche" game this is imo. I can't believe people complain so much about the price considering the amount of content and quality of content that is constantly coming out. I remember wishing for quality military jets in FSX and nothing ever came close. I honestly don't even use DCS enough to get my money out of it lol but I hope to find the time and even if not, I enjoy supporting this project because it is just simply awesome.

If they keep charging this much for assets, this will remain a niche game. Not everyone who plays this game is middle aged or retired man with a lot of money lying around. This is why other games that have insane amount of coding and everything when compared with DCS single module cost a fraction, because they want the masses to access it.

Expecting people to buy different modules and then on top pay so much for assets, it all adds up eventually. They can charge however much they want but for a lot of people this hobby is getting too expensive.

I suppose you can argue that then they should not buy it, this will in return just reduce the playerbase and alienate future customers when they see that owning a few modules will add up to quite a bit of money.

This is just my opinion, this hobby is already starting to become too expensive for the amount of time I get to spend on it now. It is next to impossible for me to even convince my friends to play this because they just look at the prices and then say no in an instant.

I am just now hoping that this carrier is acually worth the 50 dollars asking price and more complete at launch before I even consider purchasing it. Too many early access for me now.

Current Hangar : A-10C II ¦ AJS-37 ¦ A/V-8B ¦ F-14A/B ¦ F/A-18C ¦ FC3 ¦ JF-17 ¦ Ka-50 III ¦ Mi-8 ¦ M2000-C ¦ SA342 ¦ UH-1H

Other Modules : Combined Arms ¦ Persian Gulf

TRAINED - LEARNING - LOW EXPERIENCE - ABANDONED

Valid points

One thing on top what you said Terrorban,

These games for masses you mention usually become obsolete in a year, or maybe two as they are replaced by sequels or reboots or whatnot.

However, DCS is a product that has been supported for 12 years now.

Many people here flew original Flanker or at least LOMAC..

Most hobbies are expensive if you think about it, frankly I don't consider myself middle aged at nearly 40, and I am far from retirement. I got to put food on the table and support my family and still can afford to support ED and their effort.

The most expensive luxury for me, and I bet many others, is the free time to enjoy the best simulation game set in combat theme and across different aviation history periods.

Intel i7-13700KF :: ROG STRIX Z790-A GAMING WIFI D4 :: Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB ::  MSI RTX 4080  Gaming X Trio  :: VKB Gunfighter MK.III MCG Ultimate :: VPC MongoosT-50 CM3 :: non-VR :: single player :: open beta

I am interested in the preorder but I don't see the additional discount for owning the F-18. Not even in the cart. Is there something I need to do?
Did you purchase the F-18 on Steam? If so the discount won't apply yet as I understand it and ED are working on a solution.

AMD 5800X3D · MSI 4080 · Asus ROG Strix B550 Gaming  · HP Reverb Pro · 1Tb M.2 NVMe, 32Gb Corsair Vengence 3600MHz DDR4 · Windows 11 · Thrustmaster TPR Pedals · VIRPIL T-50CM3 Base, Alpha Prime R. VIRPIL VPC Rotor TCS Base. JetSeat