Gametrix JetSeat with SimShaker

DOF Reality P6, 6 axis Motion Platform

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Yes,because it's a F/A-18 Stick

https://www.facebook.com/160226694172179/posts/1243007385894099/

Gesendet von meinem SM-G973F mit Tapatalk

Edited by TOYKILLA

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Thrustmaster Warthog SLM - F/A-18 , MFG Crosswind V2 , Cougar MFD`s , HP Reverb , PointCtrl , i9@5,1Ghz/2080Ti,

:joystick: DIY 2DOF Motionsimulator with 4Ch Simshaker :joystick:

It's a diffrent shape, and has a little doodle to make up for the lack of a radar elevation wheel on the throttle. It just splits the TMS 4-way into a 2 way with a push, a button, and a push on the Sensor 4 way.

If you already HAVE the Warthog/Falcon stick I wouldn't bother, unless you're building a Hornet pit.

I've been flying with an F-16 FLCS since the mid 90's so I definitely have a bias to that layout since I have the muscle memory from it.

Worth the hype vs a WH stick ?

This is entirely subjective. In my case, I want a replica HOTAS for everything so it was well worth it in my case. (just wish their were as many full fidelity throttle options)

However, if your someone that values a "one size fits all" grip then their are grips with more broad functionality out there.

The quality of the grip is extremely high. Where Thrustmaster skimps on their gimbals, they absolutely do not skimp on their grip materials. My only issue on the F-18 grip is they did not use the same metal trigger they used on the Warthog. The Warthog grip is the standard IMO. When you pick it up, feel the weight, and mash the buttons you will feel like your holding a grip someone stole out of an A-10 scrapyard. It's solid metal.

The F-18 grip is a very rugged composite grip. It's a type of plastic, but it's tough and sturdy to the extent that I wouldn't be surprised if many thought it was of metal construction. It is lighter than the Warthog grip, but also far heavier than the new Virpil F-14 grip which feels much cheaper. (probably going to get flamed for saying that even though I use Virpil T-50 CM2 bases/gimbals and own the F-14 grip...but it's true when it comes to the grips). I have to adjust my stiffness by afew turns on the Virpil T-50 CM2 base when I switch between flying the A-10/F-16/F-18 and the F-14 bc with a 200mm extension the weight difference is even further exaggerated.

Edited by dadunn1700

It's a diffrent shape, and has a little doodle to make up for the lack of a radar elevation wheel on the throttle. It just splits the TMS 4-way into a 2 way with a push, a button, and a push on the Sensor 4 way.

It is for VR Center,VR zoom and VR Binoculars.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Thrustmaster Warthog SLM - F/A-18 , MFG Crosswind V2 , Cougar MFD`s , HP Reverb , PointCtrl , i9@5,1Ghz/2080Ti,

It is for VR Center,VR zoom and VR Binoculars.

The functionality benefit of the “doodle “ is well worth it to me as I’m a VR player and would like to have VR zoom located on the stick. With a modifier, I believe I can also use the same doodle for antenna elevation - To me, this is worth the buy. :thumbup:

Thanks.

Intel i9 7980XE @4.4Hz

64GB DDR4 RAM at 2666MHz

GTX 1080Ti with 11GB GDDR5X

Reverb Pro HMD

HOTAS: TM Warthog throttle / TM F18 Grip

Dual H640P Huion tablets used with VRK (Virtual Kneeboard ) software

Gametrix JetSeat with SimShaker

DOF Reality P6, 6 axis Motion Platform

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I just bought one so I guess I would say yes. Disclaimer though, the grip itself is still wrapped in the box and the base for it is yet to be shipped, so my recommendation is just based on the decision process that led to me buying it rather than actual use.

For me it was worth it as I settled on getting a Virpil base but none of their grips looked like they would work for me as I needed a shorter desktop stick. The TM F-18 grip is only slightly more expensive than top end Virpil grips. As for buttons, some other grips, especially ones designed for space sims, have way more but I realised I wouldn't use all of them (except maybe trying to HOTAS everything in an FC3 plane but I also realised that's a very silly benchmark to chase).

The F-18 grip to me looked like it has excellent ergonomics with enough buttons and versatility to be fine across other modules (e.g. JF-17 stick should map very well to the F-18 layout), plus I was drawn by the part-metal construction and weight. My last reservation was solved by the extra switch, so I don't need to compromise the Hornet HOTAS layout for a little bit of VR functionality I'm used to having on my stick. I have a TWCS throttle which it turns out can also 1-to-1 a Hornet layout with a few to spare, so it complements nicely.

Edited by VC

VC

=X51= Squadron is recruiting!

X51 website: https://x51squadron.com/

Join our Discord: https://discord.gg/d9JtFY4

The functionality benefit of the “doodle “ is well worth it to me as I’m a VR player and would like to have VR zoom located on the stick. With a modifier, I believe I can also use the same doodle for antenna elevation - To me, this is worth the buy. :thumbup:

Thanks.

But I mean, you know it's just the TMS 4 way. It's not an added feature it's just in a diffrent configuration.

It's still a 23 button joystick.

No,the Trottle ist great for the F/A-18C,but can easily modified to a Hornet like,with the Files here from the Forum and a 3D Printer.

But the WinWing is really a nice one,but it dont need it as a VR User. Otherwise the TM Hornet Stick is a must have for me,if you primarily fly the Hornet.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I bought one to see how it compared to my Virpil CM (first generation of the CM stick). Both are great to use, but I prefer the feel of the feel of the F18 stick. Whether you think that's worth the cost, well that's upto you.

System: 9700, 64GB DDR4, 2070S, NVME2, Rift S, Jetseat, Thrustmaster F18 grip, VPC T50 stick base and throttle, CH Throttle, MFG crosswinds, custom button box, Logitech G502 and Marble mouse.

Server: i5 2500@3.9Ghz, 1080, 24GB DDR3, SSD.

I purchased the F/A-18 grip shortly after TM released it and i´m absolutely happy with it. The Hornet is one of my all time favorite fighter jets and 99% of my DCS time takes place in the Hornet, so the grip was a must have from day one. It only has 2 not so dramatic drawbacks in my opinion. One is, like someone else said before, the plastic trigger instead of a metal one like it is with the original WH/F-16 grip. Second one is, that the upper part of the grip is made from ABS plastic while only the lower part (the one you realy grab) is made from metal. Very good built qualitiy, but still plastic (but hey, VPC and VKB grips are almost the same price while completely plastic). TM stated that this was not to reduce costs/price, but neccesary for balance on the base due to the Hornets grip shape. Well, real Hornet fans would have payed the higher price for a all metal construction anyways (at least i would have) and on a TM base with it´s heavy springs i realy doubt this to affect balance on the base. On my VPC warbird base with standard springs installed for example, balance definately benefits from that material combination. But both issues are not a deal breaker, at least not for me.

The F/A-18 grip is a good way for slightly more immersion in the Hornets pit. Especially when center mounted, i can only recommend it. The price isn´t realy moderate, but regarding the built quality still ok in my opinion. I got it for a realy nice price and i saw a lot of ppl on the forum having a lucky deal as well. If you like the Hornet and spend a lot of time in it´s pit, don´t think twice if you see a good deal. Go get it!

Phanteks EvolvX / Win 11 / i9 12900K / MSI Z690 Carbon / MSI Suprim RTX 3090 / 64GB G.Skill Trident Z  DDR5-6000 / 1TB PCIe 4.0 NVMe SSD / 2TB PCIe 3.0 NVMe SSD / 2TB SATA SSD / 1TB SATA SSD / Alphacool Eisbaer Aurora Pro 360 / beQuiet StraightPower 1200W

RSEAT S1 / VPC T50 CM2 + 300mm extension + Realsimulator F18 CGRH / VPC WarBRD + TM Warthog grip / WinWing F/A-18 Super Taurus / 4x TM Cougar MFD / TM TPR / HP Reverb G2

True, it is. Most fighter jet grips are in fact i guess. Also sim grips made from plastic can have high material quality as well like VPC or VKB, but metal still has much better haptics and has a much better appearance in my opinion.

Phanteks EvolvX / Win 11 / i9 12900K / MSI Z690 Carbon / MSI Suprim RTX 3090 / 64GB G.Skill Trident Z  DDR5-6000 / 1TB PCIe 4.0 NVMe SSD / 2TB PCIe 3.0 NVMe SSD / 2TB SATA SSD / 1TB SATA SSD / Alphacool Eisbaer Aurora Pro 360 / beQuiet StraightPower 1200W

RSEAT S1 / VPC T50 CM2 + 300mm extension + Realsimulator F18 CGRH / VPC WarBRD + TM Warthog grip / WinWing F/A-18 Super Taurus / 4x TM Cougar MFD / TM TPR / HP Reverb G2

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=1231561700372001&id=160226694172179

8db1f2532911d75563ea5749667fe21b.jpg

Edited by TOYKILLA

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• 3 weeks later...

Lool,why you post to times here instead of the Amazon Support. You could have a functional replacement tomorrow with Prime

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]