Persian Tomcat status?

Stratos

The F-14A Heatblur is producing is not specifically targeted to replicate the Iranian Cat, as far as I know.

There has been no information regarding release window for the Alpha.

F-14 | F/A-18C | F-16C | AJS-37 | M-2000C | A-10C | UH-1H | F-5E | P-51 | Bf 109

Nevada | Persian Gulf | Normandy | Supercarrier

YouTube | Steam | Discord: JayBird#4400

i7-7700K | GTX 980 | 32gb RAM | 500gb SSD | 2TB HDD| Track IR | TM Warthog HOTAS | Logitech Pro Pedals

The F-14A Heatblur is producing is not specifically targeted to replicate the Iranian Cat, as far as I know.

There has been no information regarding release window for the Alpha.

So the plan is to launch a regular A Tomcat and paint it in Iranian colors?

I don't understand anything in russian except Davai Davai!

So the plan is to launch a regular A Tomcat and paint it in Iranian colors?

Pretty much.

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

AFAIK we will get a 90s A that will only differ in the engines, the RWR and some smaller things from the B. It will also have LANTIRN capability IIRC.

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

No, at least for what I understood there will be the USN A version '90-ish and then the A Iranian version that I suppose it will be very similar to a '70ish USN Tomcat.

Maybe I misunderstood Heatblur programs, some sort of clarification by them would be appreciated.

IIRC Cobra mentioned to cut down some features to better represent the persian Tomcat whilst avoiding big changes in the -A code base.

For example, making unavailable the TCS or limiting the store choices.

fair enough!

The problem is that we have little info about the Iranian Cats. I mean: stock, yes. but modifications: no. Unless we do, I doubt we will be able to create a dedicated Iranian F14A.

But maybe we can do some early stock delivery version of it or so, we will need to see yet about that. We'll finish the A as is first and then most likely take it from there.

Heatblur Simulations

Please feel free to contact me anytime, either via PM here, on the forums, or via email through the contact form on our homepage.

http://www.heatblur.com/

https://www.facebook.com/heatblur/

The problem is that we have little info about the Iranian Cats. I mean stock, yes. but modifications: no. Unless we do, I doubt we will be able to create a dedicated Iranian F14A.

But maybe we can do some early stock delivery version of it or so, we will need to see yet about that. We'll finish the A as is first and then most likely take it from there.

The Iranian F-14A-GR in his main life fight as stock F-14A.

All main air battles, all victories and falls against the Iraqi airforce were flying as the stock versions. Was not upgraded.

So no need to create any later "degradation" of Iranian Tomcat when it has dead AWG9 radars, dead batteries for phoenixes = no use Aim-54, any cannibalized parts, and imported Russian avionics.

The great Iranian Tomcat from the 80s was clear US Tomcat with few exceptions determined for export. A bit downgraded ECM, ECCM (on Aim-54A) - a bit lower frequency of microprocessor, missing fuel probe (later was again introduced), had better engines: TF30-P-414A, IFF had component only for IFF Russian made aircrafts, not US. And Iranian "asia minor" skin. That's all. :)

Edited by Magot

it's not the all you said.

the awg-9 frequency and microprocessor is the same as USN. ECM is a bit downgraded. there is a airfield ILS system instead of ACLS. the VHF/UHF panel is a bit different. there is no video recorder for hud ( GUN camera ). datalink was there but IRIAF never had a chance to make them operational at least until 1990. fuel probe was there from the first. yes they had TF30-P-414A engines, there was no TCS and also there was no target designator switch on the pilot left side wall so there was no PAL radar mode and VSL could only selected by RIO.

there is no need to do a 2019 Persian tomcat, only the war time ( 1980-1988 ) tomcat would be enough to simulate the Persian cat. -= IRIAF =- team can help heatblur to gather useful information about a 1988 Persian cat if they want to.

Edited by -= IRIAF =- Gunslinger

it's not the all you said.

the awg-9 frequency and microprocessor is the same as USN. ECM is a bit downgraded. there is a airfield ILS system instead of ACLS. the VHF/UHF panel is a bit different. there is no video recorder for hud ( GUN camera ). datalink was there but IRIAF never had a chance to make them operational at least until 1990. fuel probe was there from the first. yes they had TF30-P-414A engines. no TCS.

there is no need to do a 2019 Persian tomcat, only the war time ( 1980-1988 ) tomcat would be enough to simulate the Persian cat. -= IRIAF =- team can help heatblur to gather useful information about a 1988 Persian cat if they want to.

I seem to remember reading or hearing that Persian Cats had a programmed limitation within the AWG-9 that sightly degraded it's ability to engage multiple targets. Do you know if this is true?

I could be wrong. Many of the women I've dated would certainly attest to that.

Reformers hate him! This one weird trick found by a bush pilot will make gunfighter obsessed old farts angry at your multi-role carrier deck line up!

I seem to remember reading or hearing that Persian Cats had a programmed limitation within the AWG-9 that sightly degraded it's ability to engage multiple targets. Do you know if this is true?

I could be wrong. Many of the women I've dated would certainly attest to that.

that is not true. also there is a problem with the current heatblur F-14B, because during the war the Persian F-14A destroyed 3 MIG-23 with one AIM-54! at a distance of 25NM! I'm not sure at what distance they find the targets but they could easily detect 3 targets flying close formation. while in DCS it is impossible to track 3 targets flying close formation as the radar shows them as a single target even in very close range!

The three MiG-23s were flying in a sub-100' formation, close enough that the Phoenix spall's 100' kill radius and the resultant debris from the first aircraft were able to damage the following pair.

The F-14 shot at the target; formated at such close proximity, the AWG-9 wouldn't be able to discern individual targets based on the cell resolution of the radar. They didn't know they'd killed three Floggers until the formation was falling in different directions with three separate smoke trails.

Edited by lunaticfringe
  • Like 1

Thats correct. The Iranian pilot that did it was in this lecture. He said he thought he was shooting at one aircraft. It was only when they found bits of 2 others as well, he realized how awesome he was. :D

Its quite interesting the part where he claims to have shot down a Mig 29 with a Hawk missile

I guess it would be impossible to model a blast radius like that in DCS? Which kind of takes some of the fun away from the Phoenix in ACM mode.:D

Edited by stuart666

We thought about it, but it’s time wise outside of our resources for now

As for killing 3 floggers, that’s already possible. someone put it on youtube somewhere

Heatblur Simulations

Please feel free to contact me anytime, either via PM here, on the forums, or via email through the contact form on our homepage.

http://www.heatblur.com/

https://www.facebook.com/heatblur/

The problem is that we have little info about the Iranian Cats. I mean: stock, yes. but modifications: no. Unless we do, I doubt we will be able to create a dedicated Iranian F14A.

Duct tape an ak47 to a pylon and you've got a good start.

Banner EDForum2020.jpg

Thats correct. The Iranian pilot that did it was in this lecture. He said he thought he was shooting at one aircraft. It was only when they found bits of 2 others as well, he realized how awesome he was. :D

Its quite interesting the part where he claims to have shot down a Mig 29 with a Hawk missile

I guess it would be impossible to model a blast radius like that in DCS? Which kind of takes some of the fun away from the Phoenix in ACM mode.:D

interesting because his RIO ( Mohammad Masboq ) said that at first they saw a single target, but after closing for a few miles they discovered that there is actually three targets flying close formation and the WCS automatically prioritized the targets and RIO decided to fire at WCS target number 2 which was flying at the center of formation with the confirmation of the pilot ( Assadollah Adeli ) and they fired, and after the missile TTI reached to zero all three targets were disappeared from TID and they couldn't find any fire or splash in they sky and they first though that they had destroyed one of them and the others ran away. but after search and rescue team reached the crash site, they found the debris of three MIG-23 so they confirmed that at the day of 7 January 1982 an IRIAF F-14A TOMCAT with the pilot Lt. Assadollah Adeli and RIO Lt. Mohammad Masboq had destroyed 3 Iraqi Air Force MIG-23's with a single AIM-54 missile over the Kharq island.

Edited by -= IRIAF =- Gunslinger

We thought about it, but it’s time wise outside of our resources for now

As for killing 3 floggers, that’s already possible. someone put it on youtube somewhere

Is that right? I didnt think the DCS blast modelling would be that accurate.