Cockpit of DCS F/A-18C is Not Accurate!

tifafan

As somebody who has been involved in the modeling and texturing side of production for addon aircraft (FS-X) I can attest to the fact that the earlier this kind of thing is dealt with the better. By the time It gets to release an awful lot of work would have to be re-done, hopefully It can be caught now and corrected without having to do repeat too much work. I do agree it looks like it needs to be corrected though.

Proud owner of:

PointCTRL VR : Finger Trackers for VR -- Real Simulator : FSSB R3L Force Sensing Stick. -- Deltasim : Force Sensor WH Slew Upgrade -- Mach3Ti Ring : Real Flown Mach 3 SR-71 Titanium, made into an amazing ring.

My Fathers Aviation Memoirs: 50 Years of Flying Fun - From Hunter to Spitfire and back again.

I don't think criticism at this early stage is really a bad thing when there is ample time to get it right

It's not too late to modify and have plenty of time before release.

I can attest to the fact that the earlier this kind of thing is dealt with the better. By the time It gets to release an awful lot of work would have to be re-done.

Yes,that's exactly what I mean.But BAD NEWS are they have already done plenty of work about the cockpit and avionics...

Maybe they just don't want to rework and will ignore the feedback.

Is that bit adjustable in real life to the pilot's preference? I'm thinking like the screens you have in the back of seats on passenger aircraft.

You can't change the structure of cockpit by your mean...so it's not adjustable.

No.it's not.It's not the rear seat,look at the hud which cover by leather bag...

Who said anything about the rear seat? I just made the comparison to the way it could possibly move. Thanks for your reply.

English is not my native lauguage,and I read your post too fast,so I misunderstood what you said...sorry

As I said,it's not adjustable,just like that you can't adjust the back of eject seat

Edited by tifafan

Why you say that words?

The texture and meshes isn't very difficult to change/fix for the 3d artist.

They didn't released it or sell it until now, no one will be hurt.

But with plenty work been done for cockpit and avonics it will be hard to change,because there will be plenty work related to the 3D model which also need to be change.

And also this problem was found in reddit in early 2015,but haven't been changed by now.

I don't know if ED knows about this.

What? Difficult of change? I think you sub-estimate a 3D modeller capabilities. The F/A-18C cockpit show by Wags on early 2015 has only a "in progress" model, no the definitive cockpit. When we see a alpha or beta status, we can judge if F/A-18C has accurate or not, not by a "render" cockpit show on modelviewer 3D visor or a export test into a "early" version into DCS: W.

Edited by Silver_Dragon

I think you sub-estimate a 3D modeller capabilities.

OK,I know.But it will be nicer to let them know about this ASAP and get it more correct before public early test.

I'm really really looking forward to F/A-18C and would definitely buy it in Day1,so I'd like to report the inaccurate to make it more perfect in Day1.

• 2 months later...