DCS: L-39 Albatros Update

grunf

From today's newsletter: :thumbup:

DCS: L-39 Albatros Update

We have been making great progress on the L-39 Albatros Open Beta and we are now nearing the end of the open beta with the upcoming release of the L-39ZA version and the interactive training missions.

L-39ZA.jpg

Hi,

Yes it's a great news, I'm so excited !!!

Congratulation in advance, Skull.

:thumbup:

Need a change from the choppers anyway. And since I'm a bush-war kind of guy, a light attack aircraft (read the ZA) is just what the (bush)doctor ordered like RIGHT NOW. Bring it on!

The DCS Mi-8MTV2. The best aviational BBW experience you could ever dream of.

Will the L-39ZA have nose wheel steering or will it still be the wheel break shift steering?

I think any gamer here could be taught to solo the real thing in 5-7 hours if they studied hard and fully loaded the dash-1 in their heads.

But taxiing for style points... that... THAT takes a lot of hours of practice.

I set both pedals on my rudder as brake axes, with a dead-space initially. Then to steer, apply full rudder, followed by a touch of brake (either pedal, but it is more natural to use the side you're turning towards).

The other trick is to 'think nose wheel direction'. That is always be aware that the nosewheel will castor freely, all you can do is 'nudge it' in the direction you want to go, with a dab of brake, and then monitor it from the results, re-nudging as necessary. It will gradually ease itself back to the centre (depending on any crosswind).

For take off just use full rudder and, only if you're clearly going to leave the runway, a very small dab of brake.

:thumbup:

Need a change from the choppers anyway. And since I'm a bush-war kind of guy, a light attack aircraft (read the ZA) is just what the (bush)doctor ordered like RIGHT NOW. Bring it on!

That's why I bought it. Can't say I have much interest in the C (though I did fly it some last night) or a training campaign but the ZA should make a fun COIN plane.

Hope, ED is also working on full multi crew support.

• Like 1

Hardware: Intel i5 4670K | Zalman NPS9900MAX | GeIL 16GB @1333MHz | Asrock Z97 Pro4 | Sapphire Radeon R9 380X Nitro | Samsung SSDs 840 series 120GB & 250 GB | Samsung HD204UI 2TB | be quiet! Pure Power 530W | Aerocool RS-9 Devil Red | Samsung SyncMaster SA350 24" + ASUS VE198S 19" | Saitek X52 | TrackIR 5 | Thrustmaster MFD Cougar | Speedlink Darksky LED | Razor Diamondback | Razor X-Mat Control | SoundBlaster Tactic 3D Rage ### Software: Windows 10 Pro 64Bit

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Hello guys,

Just a little message for saying that your L-39 is a great module, a future must to have.

A simple airplane but very exciting to fly, great job ED +1

Bye, Skull.