Thrustmaster Wartog Profil for Huey

STP Dragon

In this profile I removed the curve of the Pitch and Roll axis and decreased the saturation of the Y value. The virtal stick acts like the real stick now and makes it much easier to handle this beast.

(Thanks to Blindspot for this settings)

Thanks, added to the Hardware Profiles Wiki page

DCS-Tutorial-Collection       

BlackSharkDen - Helicopter only

Specs:: ASrock Z790 Pro RS; Intel i5-13600K @5,1Ghz; 64GB DDR5 RAM; RTX 3080 @10GB; Corsair RMX Serie 750; 2x SSD 850 EVO 1x860 EVO 500GB 1x nvme M.2 970 EVO 1TB; 1x nvme M.2 980 Pro 2TB+ 3 TB HDD

Hardware: Oculus Rift S; HOTAS Warthog; Saitek Rudder Pedals, K-51 Collective

what is the recommended curve and saturation for the pitch and roll

i want to set them manually

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]W10(64bit)Asus Rog Strix Z370-F - i7 8700K - Dark Rock Pro 4 - 16 giga ram Corsair vengeance 3000 - MSI RTX 2070 Super - Asus Rog Phobeus soundcard - Z906 Surround speaker - Track ir5 - HOTAS Warthog

great! thanks!

L'importante non è stabilire se uno ha paura o meno, è saper convivere con la propria paura e non farsi condizionare dalla stessa. Ecco, il coraggio è questo, altrimenti non è più coraggio ma incoscienza.

From opening the .lua and reading it looks like Curvature = 0 for both pitch and roll while SaturationY = 70 for both pitch and roll. SaturationX remains 100%.

thank you very much buddy

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]W10(64bit)Asus Rog Strix Z370-F - i7 8700K - Dark Rock Pro 4 - 16 giga ram Corsair vengeance 3000 - MSI RTX 2070 Super - Asus Rog Phobeus soundcard - Z906 Surround speaker - Track ir5 - HOTAS Warthog

What about throttle/collective saturation/curvature settings? my collective is WAY jumpy. When I barely move it, the helo jumps about 6 feet in the air, inducing crazy yaw as well because I can't keep up with the torque.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

What about throttle/collective saturation/curvature settings? my collective is WAY jumpy. When I barely move it, the helo jumps about 6 feet in the air, inducing crazy yaw as well because I can't keep up with the torque.

This doesn't sound right and there's probably some kind of mapping issue there. Maybe you even have it reversed?

- EB

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Nothing is easy. Everything takes much longer.

The Parable of Jane's A-10

Forum Rules

Maybe you even have it reversed?

OOhh Nooo!! Don't do that, reversed collective is very BAD! :cry:

Although, I must admit, the Huey is quite the aerobatic aircraft with the right idiot at the controls. :D

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

Trimmer works, but when I want to release it with Ctrl - t or use it again, the collective freezes. I cannot use the stick again, can somebody help me? Or is trim not neccessary, because I found it really hard to fly.

I sometimes get the same thing happening. I think it may be a bug. Sometimes I can get the controls to come back by turning the trim on and off. Sometimes it turns me into a fireball.

I've also noticed sometimes when starting a mission, my collective stick won't respond. I have been finding this out once I start to bring up the throttle and she starts lifting off. So now I make sure it's responding before I bother starting up.

I sometimes get the same thing happening. I think it may be a bug. Sometimes I can get the controls to come back by turning the trim on and off. Sometimes it turns me into a fireball.

I've also noticed sometimes when starting a mission, my collective stick won't respond. I have been finding this out once I start to bring up the throttle and she starts lifting off. So now I make sure it's responding before I bother starting up.

Can you confirm you don't have 'Central Trimmer' activated in the options menu?

- Bear

Pacifism is a shifty doctrine under which a man accepts the benefits of the social group without being willing to pay - and claims a halo for his dishonesty.

- Robert A. Heinlein

Just because you can't fly said chopper doesn't mean that it's bugged. Talk about living in denial :D

When the stick doesn't respond at all, you can fly so good, it doesn't matter. Guess in every forum there is one sly dog.

Can you confirm you don't have 'Central Trimmer' activated in the options menu?

- Bear

Could someone please clarify this,I mean this was happening to me,ie: controls locking up after switching to trimmer then trimmer reset,I had the "center trimmer" box ticked

Is this a feature? If so what does it achieve?

Is it better to have the box unchecked? I am sure when I did the trim function was working no bother,

Cheers guys,

Mick. :)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]Keep the faith

AMD PHENOM II X 4 955be @3.2 GHZ | ASUS M4A88TD-V EVO mb | Corsair XMS3-8GB Dual Channel DDR3 Memory | Nvidea GTX 580 GDDR5 GPU | CNPS9900 NT cooler | Corsair HX850W psu | Seagate Barracuda 500GB HD 300 MBps - 7200 rpm | WIN 7 64bit | 32" HD LCD TV | 5.1 surround sound | wireless keyboard and mouse | Saitek x45 hotas.

Could someone please clarify this,I mean this was happening to me,ie: controls locking up after switching to trimmer then trimmer reset,I had the "center trimmer" box ticked

Is this a feature? If so what does it achieve?

Is it better to have the box unchecked? I am sure when I did the trim function was working no bother,

Cheers guys,

Hi,

With 'Center Trimmer" selected, .. once you have 'Forced Trim', .. you MUST return the Joystick and/or Rudder Pedals to their Neutral position, ... before they'll work again. :joystick:

The 'Center Trimmer' function prevents undesirable joystick/pedal inputs from occurring, .. as you are returning the joystick/pedal to their centered positions. :joystick:

e.g. if you are holding your Joystick forward and left, .. and then 'Force Trim' .. as you move the Joystick back to center, .. you are essentially giving back and right cyclic inputs to the Huey. The 'Center Trimmer' option prevents that from happening. :)

Cheers

Tom

Edited by Thomasew

He Who Will Not Risk Cannot Win

Thanks for the answer Tom,

I wonder if the controls locking up is some kind of feature?

When this was happening to me,the only way to get any kind of control back was to quickly press autopilot on then off,this gave me back the ability to input control again,

Cheers,

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]Keep the faith

AMD PHENOM II X 4 955be @3.2 GHZ | ASUS M4A88TD-V EVO mb | Corsair XMS3-8GB Dual Channel DDR3 Memory | Nvidea GTX 580 GDDR5 GPU | CNPS9900 NT cooler | Corsair HX850W psu | Seagate Barracuda 500GB HD 300 MBps - 7200 rpm | WIN 7 64bit | 32" HD LCD TV | 5.1 surround sound | wireless keyboard and mouse | Saitek x45 hotas.

I wonder if the controls locking up is some kind of feature?

Yes, it’s a feature. It’s existed in the sim since DCS Black Shark.

My understanding (and I’m not a real pilot) is that the trim button in a real helicopter simply sets the current stick position as the new centre. In practical terms, this just removes the requirement for the pilot to keep pressure on the stick in order to hold it in the desired position.

When it comes to the sim, this functionality works fine for a force-feedback (FFB) stick where pressing the trim button can cancel out all of the stick’s resistance. It’s less useful for a “normal” stick, because pressing the trim button obviously doesn’t release the mechanical forces (i.e. springs) that are trying to re-centre the stick.

This means that players with a normal stick need to re-centre their stick after hitting the trim button in order to get the desired effect (i.e. reducing the pressure required to hold the stick in the desired position).

The problem with this approach is that it used to result in a “bump” where the movement of the stick back to centre was registered as a desired controller input - resulting in momentary undesired movement of the helicopter.

The way that Eagle worked around this was by adding the “Central Trimmer Mode”. This locks out all controller inputs until the stick has been centred. This allows smooth, bump-free trimming for those of us with non-FFB sticks. However, it does require that every use of trim button be followed immediately by returning the stick to the central position.

Hope this helps a little.

Edited by Pizzicato

i7-7700K @ 4.9Ghz | 16Gb DDR4 @ 3200Mhz | MSI Z270 Gaming M7 | MSI GeForce GTX 1080ti Gaming X | Win 10 Home | Thrustmaster Warthog | MFG Crosswind pedals | Oculus Rift S