Saitek X52 Pro problem trimming roll and pitch. Trimming yaw works fine.

JorgeIII

I’ was flying BS with a Logitech joystick (Freedom 2.4) with not problem at all with trimming. Yesterday I bought a Saitek X52 Pro Joystick. It´s a fine stick, but I can´t trim correctly with it. Trimming Yaw works just at it should: I release the trimming button, rotate the stick to the center and the position of the yaw control stays exactly where I released the button, but with the stick centered. The Ka 50 doesn’t change the flying path in the process.

Trimming pitch and roll is different with this joystick. I´m flying stable, press and release the trim button and put de stick at the center: the position of the controls (Ctrl + Enter) move to and intermediate point between the point where I release the trim and the center, this makes the heli go crazy.

If I keep the stick centered and then trim nothing should happen. With this joystick when I do this the controls go forward and stays in the middle from the center to the maximum pitch forward. Pressing and releasing the trim button one or two more times without moving the stick from the center makes the controls stay at the maximum pitch forward. I hope I´ve exposed the problem clear enough. From what I´ve read in the forum I think other users with trimming difficulties with the X52 pro might have this problem.

What can be wrong?

I first thought it could be related with trimming times. I changed TrimmerTauInverse at FMoptions.lua to 0.5,1,4,11 and 17 and nothing.

I then thought it could be a Force Feedback related problem. I changed de Producer file: ForceFeedbackEnabled = false, and deactivated the force of the controls inside the game. Nothing, the trimming problem persists.

Any ideas? This simulator is almost not playable without the trim function. Thanks.

AKA TANGO-117. DCS Modules: ALL. I7 6700k @ 4.9 GHz / 32 GB DDR4 @ 3.2 GHz / 950 Pro m.2 + 4xSSDs / Gigabyte 1080TI 11 GB OC / 48" 4K Curved Samsung TV / TM Warthog Hotas / TM TPR rudder pedals / Track IR. Private pilot and sailplane pilot in RL.

Any one?

AKA TANGO-117. DCS Modules: ALL. I7 6700k @ 4.9 GHz / 32 GB DDR4 @ 3.2 GHz / 950 Pro m.2 + 4xSSDs / Gigabyte 1080TI 11 GB OC / 48" 4K Curved Samsung TV / TM Warthog Hotas / TM TPR rudder pedals / Track IR. Private pilot and sailplane pilot in RL.

I’ was flying BS with a Logitech joystick (Freedom 2.4) with not problem at all with trimming. Yesterday I bought a Saitek X52 Pro Joystick. It´s a fine stick, but I can´t trim correctly with it. Trimming Yaw works just at it should: I release the trimming button, rotate the stick to the center and the position of the yaw control stays exactly where I released the button, but with the stick centered. The Ka 50 doesn’t change the flying path in the process.

Trimming pitch and roll is different with this joystick. I´m flying stable, press and release the trim button and put de stick at the center: the position of the controls (Ctrl + Enter) move to and intermediate point between the point where I release the trim and the center, this makes the heli go crazy.

If I keep the stick centered and then trim nothing should happen. With this joystick when I do this the controls go forward and stays in the middle from the center to the maximum pitch forward. Pressing and releasing the trim button one or two more times without moving the stick from the center makes the controls stay at the maximum pitch forward. I hope I´ve exposed the problem clear enough. From what I´ve read in the forum I think other users with trimming difficulties with the X52 pro might have this problem.

What can be wrong?

I first thought it could be related with trimming times. I changed TrimmerTauInverse at FMoptions.lua to 0.5,1,4,11 and 17 and nothing.

I then thought it could be a Force Feedback related problem. I changed de Producer file: ForceFeedbackEnabled = false, and deactivated the force of the controls inside the game. Nothing, the trimming problem persists.

Any ideas? This simulator is almost not playable without the trim function. Thanks.

I could be wrong but the trim stays in that focus until you reset the trim..same as in Lock On..but I am not sure since I don't have BS yet..so excuse me if I am wrong..

• ED Team

Did your old device (Logitech) connected to PC? If yes - disconnect or clear axis assignment in game options.

Men may keep a sort of level of good, but no man has ever been able to keep on one level of evil. That road goes down and down.  
Можно держаться на одном уровне добра, но никому и никогда не удавалось удержаться на одном уровне зла. Эта дорога ведёт вниз и вниз.

G.K. Chesterton

DCS World 2.5: Часто задаваемые вопросы

12-30-08

Updated Black Shark Profile

Update.. I have moved the profile to the appropriate forum for joystick profiles..

'Cockpits and HOTAS'

I have been working on a Saitek X52 Profile for Black Shark English. I originally got a profile from here in the BS forum from someone who made it availabe, then I have been modding it. You guys are welcome to it. Also, I have the Saitek Pedals and added the Toe Brake in the Saitek Pedal Profile.

:joystick:

Note: I have included several other flight sim profiles in the Zip file. Just use WinZip to unzip it to an empty directory and copy and paste it to the proper Saitek Directory.

Edited by Ramstein

ASUS Strix Z790-H, i9-13900, WartHog HOTAS and MFG Crosswind

G.Skill 64 GB Ram, 2TB SSD

EVGA Nvidia RTX 2080-TI

55" Sony OLED TV, Oculus VR

Thank you. It´s finaly working as it should. I´didn´t have the other joystick connected. I don´t have an exact diagnosis and solution but here is whet I didn´t, might help anyone having this problem:

1) Disabilitated Force Feedback from the game and de .lua file again.

2) Disconnected and reconnected all periferals (Mouse, keyoard, joystick)

3) Reiniciated the PC and the game.

And all was working fine!

I still get the problem sometimes, witch is quite disturbing when it happens while autohovering, but´s tolerable.

I changed TrimmerTauInverse at FMoptions.lua to 4, it´s feel like it trims better.

I have been working on a Saitek X52 Profile for Black Shark English. I originally got a profile from here in the BS forum from someone who made it availabe, then I have been modding it. You guys are welcome to it. Also, I have the Saitek Pedals and added the Toe Brake in the Saitek Pedal Profile.

:joystick:

Note: I have included several other flight sim profiles in the Zip file. Just use WinZip to unzip it to an empty directory and copy and paste it to the proper Saitek Directory.

Cheers... I was just about to start my own :)

Pedals should be here early next week, so that's great :thumbup:

I was also having trimmer trouble.. I have a logitech wheel and I think it was freaking it out. Disabled FF in the conf file and all my troubles went away.

I updated the Black Shark Saitek X52 Pro Profile just now and uploaded it, in the zip file. The last profile was really bad, but it was better than none. This one is much better!!

It is in this thread, a few post before this..

:thumbup:

Maybe there is a better place in these forums to post profiles for sticks?

ASUS Strix Z790-H, i9-13900, WartHog HOTAS and MFG Crosswind

G.Skill 64 GB Ram, 2TB SSD

EVGA Nvidia RTX 2080-TI

55" Sony OLED TV, Oculus VR

i had trimming problems with my x52 and the latest saitek drivers/ software, too.

solved them by installing the older drivers delivered with the joystick a year ago.

no way to solve it another way...

MB: Intel DX79TO; Core i7 3820 (3,6 ghz); SPU: Asus Xonar D2X; GPU: AMD XFX 7970 BE OC (3GB); RAM: Kingston 8 GB DDR3-1333 Quad-Kit; HHDs: G.Skill Phoenix SSD (for OS&DCS), WD 1 TB + WD 160GB; PSU: be Quiet! Dark Power Pro 10 550W; Display: EIZO Foris 2333-BK; OS: WIN8 Pro 64bit (latest updates); TM HOTAS Warthog; CH Rudder pedals; Cougar MFDs; iPad Mini with iControl DCS; TrackIR4 + TrackClipPro.

A10 startup procedure -->

• 1 year later...

Saitek X52 Pro problem trimming roll and pitch. Trimming yaw works fine.

EXACT the same problem with X52 PRO + TrackIR here.

Problem was my connected Logitech Gamepad recognized by BS.

As soon as I disconnected it, everything is working fine.

Maybe a problem/bug caused by to many aviable axis.

BR

Robert