Military and Aviation News Thread (NO DISCUSSION)

topol-m

Lmao, I meant Mig-29 to Mig-35........Su-27 to Su-XX?

Well... MiG-29K(M) already looks the same as MiG-29 9.12 as the F/A-18E looks the same as F/A-18C.

And what is MiG-35?:)

Edited by ФрогФут

"Я ошеломлён, но думаю об этом другими словами", - некий гражданин

Ноет котик, ноет кротик,

Ноет в небе самолетик,

Ноют клумбы и кусты -

Ноют все. Поной и ты.

Well... MiG-29K(M) already looks the same as MiG-29 9.12 as the F/A-18E looks the same as F/A-18C.

And what is MiG-35?:)

I guess that's just their way in number different versions, by having a different number.

i7-4820k @ 3.7, Windows 7 64-bit, 16GB 1866mhz EVGA GTX 970 2GB, 256GB SSD, 500GB WD, TM Warthog, TM Cougar MFD's, Saitek Combat Pedals, TrackIR 5, G15 keyboard, 55" 4K LED

It's funny how many Russian cars have onboard cameras. Is that like some kind of a trend these days? I remember this vid:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x20_AeoTOnY

Yeah I've heard that there are more cameras on Russian dashboards than navigators. When you watch the videos from their roads, it's quite obvious why. I've never feared for my life like on Russian roads... You can find hours and hours of crash compilations on Youtube. Just search something like "Russian crashes".

Crazy vid indeed.

Not the best comparison. As far as I'm concerned, the MiG-29K(M) is to the MiG-29 9.12 as the F/A-18A is to the F/A-18C.

How is that?

The F/A-18C is merely an upgraded F/A-18A - there are practicallly no airframe differences and very few visible differences inside the cockpits. It was only with the "Night Attack Hornet"(from 1989) that the pit started to look a little different, but with the same overall layout.

The MiG-29K is totally different from the MiG-29 on all areas - completely redesigned airframes and cockpit, new flight control system(fly-by-wire) , combat systems, in-flight refuelling etc......turning a simple counter air fighter into a sophisticated multirole carrier aircraft.

The MiG-29M/K was a complete change in philosophy from the original MiG-29 and as such a much bigger step than even F/A-18A to F/A-18E.

JJ

Yeah I've heard that there are more cameras on Russian dashboards than navigators. When you watch the videos from their roads, it's quite obvious why. I've never feared for my life like on Russian roads... You can find hours and hours of crash compilations on Youtube. Just search something like "Russian crashes".

Crazy vid indeed.

Saw something on youtube about how they need them to get any where with insurance companies in the event of a crash.

Always remember. I don't have a clue what I'm doing

footage is incredible capture, sadly i think all the crew died.

Not all. 4 died during the crash. One stewardess died in hospital. 3 crew members are still in hospitals in hard condition.

"Я ошеломлён, но думаю об этом другими словами", - некий гражданин

Ноет котик, ноет кротик,

Ноет в небе самолетик,

Ноют клумбы и кусты -

Ноют все. Поной и ты.

Propably a sum of things but it's not the only overrun lately for the aircraft type:

On Dec 29th 2012 it became known after another TU-204 overran the runway at Moscow Vnukovo, see Accident: Red Wings T204 at Moscow on Dec 29th 2012, overran runway on landing, that on Dec 28th Rosaviatsia had alerted the aircraft manufacturer Tupolev of a brakes malfunction as cause of the overrun at Novosibirsk. In a letter dated Dec 24th 2012 Rosaviatsia demanded with reference to this overrun that all operators of Tupolev TU-204 should perform an extra lubrication to grease the drive mechanism limit switches that are crimped onto the main landing shock absorber before next departure.

http://avherald.com/h?article=45ad34b5&opt=0

in the clip, car in front is struck with the engine fan blades, am sure it is.

Its a tire, any rotor assembly from the engine hitting a car would slice it appart easy.

[sigpic]http://forums.eagle.ru/signaturepics/sigpic4448_29.gif[/sigpic]

My PC specs below:

Case: Corsair 400C

PSU: SEASONIC SS-760XP2 760W Platinum

CPU: AMD RYZEN 3900X (12C/24T)

RAM: 32 GB 4266Mhz (two 2x8 kits) of trident Z RGB @3600Mhz CL 14 CR=1T

MOBO: ASUS CROSSHAIR HERO VI AM4

GFX: GTX 1080Ti MSI Gaming X

Cooler: NXZT Kraken X62 280mm AIO

Storage: Samsung 960 EVO 1TB M.2+6GB WD 6Gb red

HOTAS: Thrustmaster Warthog + CH pro pedals

Monitor: Gigabyte AORUS AD27QD Freesync HDR400 1440P

Chinese switches removed from Los Alamos US Nuclear Lab

http://news.yahoo.com/exclusive-u-nuclear-lab-removes-chinese-tech-over-093947446.html

LONDON (Reuters) - A leading U.S. nuclear weapons laboratory recently discovered its computer systems contained some Chinese-made network switches and replaced at least two components because of national security concerns, a document shows....

CHAMP = lights out

Counter-electronics High-powered Microwave Advanced Missile Project (CHAMP) during a flight over the Utah Test and Training Range. CHAMP, which renders electronic targets useless,

http://www.boeing.com/Features/2012/10/bds_champ_10_22_12.html

Was that really a power outage...

• Like 1

i7-4820k @ 3.7, Windows 7 64-bit, 16GB 1866mhz EVGA GTX 970 2GB, 256GB SSD, 500GB WD, TM Warthog, TM Cougar MFD's, Saitek Combat Pedals, TrackIR 5, G15 keyboard, 55" 4K LED

CHAMP = lights out

Counter-electronics High-powered Microwave Advanced Missile Project (CHAMP) during a flight over the Utah Test and Training Range. CHAMP, which renders electronic targets useless,

http://www.boeing.com/Features/2012/10/bds_champ_10_22_12.html

Was that really a power outage...

Nice post Cali.

Intel i5-9600K @ 3.7GHz

Gigabyte Z370XP SLI Mobo

G.SKILL Ripjaws V Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin DDR4

GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 2070 8GB 256-Bit GDDR6(Assume the latest driver version)

Thermaltake Water 3.0 Certified Liquid Cooling System

Windows 10 Professional

Oculus Rift-S /TrackIR 5 in case VR dies

Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog w/ Thrustmaster T-Flight Rudder Pedals

France backing Malian counter-offensive against Islamist militants, launching airstrikes on militants' positions:

http://www.france24.com/en/20130111-france-hollande-prepared-intervene-mali-islamists-un-military-au

EVGA GeForce GTX 1070 Gaming | i5 7600K 3.8 GHz | ASRock Z270 Pro4 | Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 3200 16 GB | PNY CS2030 NVMe SSD 480 GB | WD Blue 7200 RPM 1TB HDD | Corsair Carbide 200R ATX Mid-Tower | Win 10 x64

If you can afford $17,000 for a hunting rifle, and you're not a good enough shot to hit what you're aiming at without computer assistance, why are you hunting in the first place? I think one of the commenters may be on to something:

The company may be showing this for hunting but the choice of calibers and distances makes this a tool for snipers. Bambi has nothing to fear. Militaries in third world countries don't have the training regimes that the larger countries have and this diminishes the skills and training required. All it requires is the person willing to pull the trigger.
EVGA GeForce GTX 1070 Gaming | i5 7600K 3.8 GHz | ASRock Z270 Pro4 | Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 3200 16 GB | PNY CS2030 NVMe SSD 480 GB | WD Blue 7200 RPM 1TB HDD | Corsair Carbide 200R ATX Mid-Tower | Win 10 x64