article in this months PC pilot is concerning

Cowboy10uk

Hi guys, so yesterday, my latest issue of PC Pilot turned up in the post.

https://pcpilot.keypublishing.com/the-magazine/online-content/?ID=7970

While generally it’s a great article and states what we already know, that she’s highly detailed and has a stunning flight model, one comment has got me slightly concerned.

They state the RIO position still has a lot of work to do, and suggests that the Multicrew functionality WONT be avalible when the aircraft is initially released.

Now I don’t know how true this is, or if it’s just a case that their review copy was rather outdated, and it certainly goes against the updates and the statements from Heatblur that the RIO Multicrew has been working for a while. Although we do know they are still working on the RIO position.

I know certainly from my point of view, the aircraft NOT being released with a working and functional Multicrew element would be a massive disappointment, especially as the RIO position is the one I’m most looking forward to.

I’m sure others here from our community will also get PC Pilot, so have a read and let me know if I’m reading too much into it.

Oh and if HB themselves read this thread, Please Please Please put my mind at rest.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Fighter pilots make movies, Attack pilots make history, Helicopter pilots make heros.

:pilotfly: Corsair 570x Crystal Case, Intel 8700K O/clocked to 4.8ghz, 32GB Vengeance RGB Pro DDR4 3200 MHZ Ram, 2 x 1TB M2 drives, 2 x 4TB Hard Drives, Nvidia EVGA GTX 1080ti FTW, Maximus x Hero MB, H150i Cooler, 6 x Corsair LL120 RGB Fans And a bloody awful Pilot :doh:

Sure it is the same version the YouTubers got and it is the reason why we have never seen the RIO seat in action.

I guess it explains why the release will be closer to the end of the winter window than we all hoped.

I am an annoying impatient customer but I’d rather wait a little bit more to get a working RIO station.

I know certainly from my point of view, the aircraft NOT being released with a working and functional Multicrew element would be a massive disappointment, especially as the RIO position is the one I’m most looking forward to.

I intended to start my virtual Tomcat career in the RIO seat as this is what I'm much more interested in. Not being able to do so at launch would be a huge disappointment.

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

Who said anything about just starting in the RIO seat? Stay there like I will and you won't have to worry about the many deadly aerodynamic quirks!

So long as your pilot has half a clue of course. This being DCS that is never a guarantee though....

They did say how many freaking times though that it would be fully featured at early access release

My Logitech Extreme3D Pro "Essentials" Profiles for FC3 and 25T:

https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/599930/

VERN0UL.png

Thrustmaster T.16000M, TWCS

FC3, F-5E, M2000C, AJS-37, C-101, F-14, NTTR

If it’s in print, that article might have been written 2-3 months ago.

Probably best to focus on more recent comments.

System: 9700, 64GB DDR4, 2070S, NVME2, Rift S, Jetseat, Thrustmaster F18 grip, VPC T50 stick base and throttle, CH Throttle, MFG crosswinds, custom button box, Logitech G502 and Marble mouse.

Server: i5 2500@3.9Ghz, 1080, 24GB DDR3, SSD.

Heatblur has stated that the multicrew will be available from day one of Early Access. The only reason why YouTubers haven't been able to do multicrew is the unfinished RIO cockpit. However, since it has been finished recently IIRC, I think you can expect multicrew videos to come soon.

The article was written a while ago (can't recall exactly when, january-ish?)

Not sure why it states MC won't be available though, that's odd. That has never been the plan or intent. :)

So, just to clarify:

Multicrew will be available and working on Day 1 of Early Access and that has always been the plan. :)

Edited by Cobra847

Nicholas Dackard

Founder & Lead Artist

Heatblur Simulations

https://www.facebook.com/heatblur/

Not sure why it states MC won't be available though, that's odd. That has never been the plan or intent. :)

So, just to clarify:

Multicrew will be available and working on Day 1 of Early Access and that has always been the plan. :)

:thumbup:

So, just to clarify:

It is almost like you are repeating yourself. Maybe like it was announced previously. Even declared in a cinematic video. Nah.... couldn't be. :doh:

It is almost like you are repeating yourself. Maybe like it was announced previously. Even declared in a cinematic video. Nah.... couldn't be. :doh:

I know, blows my mind man.:noexpression:

Strike

USLANTCOM.com

stepped_with_391_new_small.png

i7-9700K OC 5GHz| MSI MPG Z390 GAMING PRO CARBON | 32GB DDR4 3200 | GTX 3090 | Samsung SSD | HP Reverb G2 | VIRPIL Alpha | VIRPIL Blackhawk | HOTAS Warthog

So, just to clarify:

Wow, the main man himself has answered. Thankyou Cobra I knew you wouldn’t let us down. It was just a shock to read it in the article that’s all.

Got this future Rio all in a panic.

Says it would be full Multicrew for the final release, but certainly makes it sound like it wasn’t anywhere near ready for day 1.

Thankyou very very much for clarifying.

If any Mods are reading this, you might as well lock this thread down as it now has no purpose being here.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Fighter pilots make movies, Attack pilots make history, Helicopter pilots make heros.

:pilotfly: Corsair 570x Crystal Case, Intel 8700K O/clocked to 4.8ghz, 32GB Vengeance RGB Pro DDR4 3200 MHZ Ram, 2 x 1TB M2 drives, 2 x 4TB Hard Drives, Nvidia EVGA GTX 1080ti FTW, Maximus x Hero MB, H150i Cooler, 6 x Corsair LL120 RGB Fans And a bloody awful Pilot :doh:

From my MP experiences RIO works fine.

Tease.

So ummm where are the vids then. ;)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

From my MP experiences RIO works fine.

Bam... And there you have it.

New hotness: I7 9700k 4.8ghz, 32gb ddr4, 2080ti, :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, HP Reverb (formermly CV1)

Old-N-busted: i7 4720HQ ~3.5GHZ, +32GB DDR3 + Nvidia GTX980m (4GB VRAM) :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, Rift CV1 (yes really).