Mig-19 Manual

=DECOY=

Except some minor differences, aerodynamically all Mig-19 variants were identical, that's why in late 50's almost all documentation was unified. One book, like pilot's manual,was devoted to all variants, just some unique features, like Rp radar , had separate chapters.

Sounds like the right approach :) Lets’s not forget that AAA modules like A-10C and F/A-18C also have differences IRL vs FM. That is just the way the cookie crumbles. It is a sim and Im sure that Razbam tries to get the FM as accurate as possible. ED is also reviewing it. Im confident it will be accurate.

Judging from the technical manual that is present online the only major difference between MiG-19 models is all-moving stabilizer or non-all-moving elevator that led to discrepancy in hi speed hi altitude controllability. So if we have an all moving tail aircraft made by an all moving tail manual it seems legit.

Edited by Кош

ППС  АВТ 100 60 36  Ф <  |  >  !  ПД  К

i5-10600k/32GB 3600/SSD NVME/4070ti/2560x1440'32/VPC T-50 VPC T-50CM3 throttle Saitek combat rudder

What´s not to like? You´re getting an accurate MiG-19P flight model, which was both slower and draggier than the MiG-19S, as I said. The max speed, top ceiling and drag of the MiG-19P are known values.

Looking forward to the MiG-19P.......but this kind of info does beg the question,why RAZBAM decided to model the 'P' and not the 'S'.

In most Theatres of combat in the 20th Century it was the 'S' model,that was commonly used,and not the 'P'.The manual available to model the MiG-19 on,or to gather data from,was on the 'S' model.

So one can only ask why the 'P' ?.....I am genuinely intrigued.I am in no way criticising their decision,just making an observation of the thought process behind it.

However,I hope a future update will incorporate the 'S',that will be warmly appreciated.

Edited by Basco1

Chillblast Fusion Cirrus 2 FS Pc/Intel Core i7-7700K Kaby Lake CPU/Gigabyte Nvidia GTX 1070 G1 8GB/Seagate 2TB FireCuda SSHD/16GB DDR4 2133MHz Memory/Asus STRIX Z270F Gaming Motherboard/Corsair Hydro Series H80i GT Liquid Cooler/TM Warthog with MFG 10cm Extension/WINWING Orion Rudder Pedals (With Damper Edition)/TrackiR5/Windows 11 Home

Looking forward to the MiG-19P.......but this kind of info does beg the question,why RAZBAM decided to model the 'P' and not the 'S'.

In most Theatres of combat in the 20th Century it was the 'S' model,that was commonly used,and not the 'P'.The manual available to model the MiG-19 on,or to gather data from,was on the 'S' model.

So one can only ask why the 'P' ?.....I am genuinely intrigued.I am in no way criticising their decision,just making an observation of the thought process behind it.

However,I hope a future update will incorporate the 'S',that will be warmly appreciated.

Cuba. That is the reason :) OverStratos is from Cuba (if my info is correct). They flew the MiG-19P version. Also that is why MiG-23 will be a MLA variant. Cuban MiG's.

S model will proably come later as a bonus.

It is the same aircraft with a different nose and one cannon missing. I don´t even think an actual MiG-19P flight performance dedicated manual ever existed. (I could be wrong though)

also,

Yep, I saw they were known values. Again, I have zero problem with that :)

The full data set is probably not accessible to the public anyway, probably stored somewhere in Mikoyan OKB archives. I wonder how much details those manuals contained anyway, when we look at a modern jet, airliner or military fighter, there is usually an entire volume of tabulated data, abacuses and curves to determine the performances. But when we look at older manuals, even the MiG-21bis which was later than the MiG-19P, they don't contain that much. Unless they are not public, or less accessible.

Beside what was said, the 'P' must also be more interesting for us since it was an all-weather interceptor with a radar. It's very interesting as a point of comparison in the evolution of those aircraft. The difference in performance or in the manual are of little importance.

System specs: Win7 x64 | CPU: i7-4770K | RAM: 16 GB | GPU: GTX 980 Ti 6 GB | Thrustmaster HOTAS | MFG rudder pedals | SATA3 SSD | TrackIR

page 80, seems like most LH / RH is incorrect. oxygen on rh, hydro,pneu gauges on LH. should be opposite i would say. just check.

Ryzen 7 2700X | MSI Trio 1080Ti | MSI X470 Plus Motherboard | 32GB Kingston HyperX Predator 2933 DDR4 | M.2 XPG GAMMIX S11 Pro SSD | Virpil Mongoost-50 throttle | Thrustmaster Warthog Stick | MFG Crosswind | Rift S

Make my day! :D

Webmaster of http://www.yoyosims.pl

Yoyosimsbanner.gif

Win 10 64, i9-13900 KF, RTX  4090 24Gb OC, RAM 64Gb Corsair Vengeance LED OC@3600MHz,, 3xSSD+3xSSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5, [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor2, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

• 2 weeks later...

It says the manual has been fixed/corrected. You might want to upload the new version to this thread to keep things up to date?

Cheers :thumbup:

cold war 1947 - 1991.jpg

Cold War 1947 - 1991                                       Discord
Helicopters Tournaments
Combined Arms Tournaments

You can help me with keeping up the server via PayPal donations: hokumyounis@yahoo.com

• 2 months later...

Complementing the official Manual, here is a link to the Guide that Chuck wrote for the Farmer:

https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=3893184&postcount=542

:)

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

• 1 year later...

Is there a new link to the new manual. Old link is dead anyway

Win 10 Pro | Trustmaster Warthog | MFG Rudders | VivePro Wireless Gear Lens modded | 1080ti OC Asus | 32 GB DD4 RAM | i7 9700 | Razer Chroma Orbweaver Keypad | Corsair KB | Derek Switchbox | USB Keypad | Logitech 502 | Jetseat with SimShaker Software | TrackIR5 | Autotkey | Thrustmaster Cougar MFDs | Monstertech Mounts | Saitek Throttle Quadrant

Is there a new link to the new manual. Old link is dead anyway

What new manual? It has not been updated since september 2019.

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

What new manual? It has not been updated since september 2019.

Well I can’t find any manual at all online - just chucks guide which I always DL of course. Plus just right above us Alpenwolf asked for the „new“ version and never got a reply.

So:

1. I need the manual

2. I want to make sure I have the latest as I can’t find an info about what is the latest (including official site of the Devs)

Guess I ll have to look in the DCS folder at home when I’m back

Win 10 Pro | Trustmaster Warthog | MFG Rudders | VivePro Wireless Gear Lens modded | 1080ti OC Asus | 32 GB DD4 RAM | i7 9700 | Razer Chroma Orbweaver Keypad | Corsair KB | Derek Switchbox | USB Keypad | Logitech 502 | Jetseat with SimShaker Software | TrackIR5 | Autotkey | Thrustmaster Cougar MFDs | Monstertech Mounts | Saitek Throttle Quadrant

.. Plus just right above us Alpenwolf asked for the „new“ version and never got a reply.

That message is from over a year ago, the last manual update was 9 months ago.

Guess I ll have to look in the DCS folder at home when I’m back

Here, I can share my copy with you: https://1drv.ms/b/s!Ai6cuX3YQI26hcYLYEZdmFlt5uLgeg (I have all the dcs manuals on my cloud, precisely to read them when I travel).

Best regards.

Yea I know it’s old and I feel guilty but still I need a place to ask and this seemed to be the best. Thanks for sharing! Gonna load it tonight :)

• 3 months later...

I am looking for a tactical manual (something that contains tactical maneuvers, e.g. for weapons employment) like those found in the Kursant campaign for the L-39) and I stumbled upon this:

https://www.cia.gov/library/readingroom/docs/CIA-RDP80T00246A061400380001-8.pdf

It does not contain what I am looking for but it may be an interesting read anyway.

Wishlist: Tornado ADV/IDS, Blackburn Buccaneer, Super Mystère B2, Saab J 35 Draken,