pcflights panels and electronics

Sierra99

Hey guys, has anyone used pcflights panels and more importantly has anyone used their electronics and gauges with DCS.

Their prices look reasonable for "plug and Play" but I'm not inclined to buy a bunch of electronics that simply won't work.

If anyone is using their gauges and electronics would ya mind sharing how?

http://pcflights.com

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Primary Computer

ASUS Z390-P, i7-9700K CPU @ 5.0Ghz, 32GB Patriot Viper Steel DDR4 @ 3200Mhz, ZOTAC GeForce 1070 Ti AMP Extreme, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 NVMe drives (1Tb & 500 Gb), Windows 10 Professional, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Thrustmaster Warthog Stick, Thrustmaster Cougar Throttle, Cougar MFDs x3, Saitek Combat Rudder Pedals and TrackIR 5.

-={TAC}=-DCS Server

Gigabyte GA-Z68XP-UD3, i7-3770K CPU @ 3.90GHz, 32GB G.SKILL Ripjaws DDR3 @ 1600Mhz, ZOTAC GeForce® GTX 970.

As far as I read their website, all gauges are equipped with servos.

That means you still have to built your own electronics (controlers).

Same is for the panels, e.g. the caution lights module hat built in LEDs but no controler.

Edited by Vinc_Vega

Regards, Vinc

real life: Royal Bavarian Airforce

online: VJS-GermanKnights.de

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

GSS Rain's work has been with PC flights panels his work is on you tube. not all of their panels are made in correct sizes so you will need to make a hybrid custom pit.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCsnm5PJ98J_x2Em5FCm8VTQ

https://www.shapeways.com/shops/a-10c-warthog-supplies

https://forum.dcs.world/topic/133818-deadmans-cockpit-base-plans/#comment-133824

CNCs and Laser engravers are great but they can't do squat with out a precise set of plans.

Same is for the panels, e.g. the caution lights module hat built in LEDs but no controler.

They have all sorts of electronics available. It’s figuring out what parts are needed and how to program it that’s the issue.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Primary Computer

ASUS Z390-P, i7-9700K CPU @ 5.0Ghz, 32GB Patriot Viper Steel DDR4 @ 3200Mhz, ZOTAC GeForce 1070 Ti AMP Extreme, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 NVMe drives (1Tb & 500 Gb), Windows 10 Professional, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Thrustmaster Warthog Stick, Thrustmaster Cougar Throttle, Cougar MFDs x3, Saitek Combat Rudder Pedals and TrackIR 5.

-={TAC}=-DCS Server

Gigabyte GA-Z68XP-UD3, i7-3770K CPU @ 3.90GHz, 32GB G.SKILL Ripjaws DDR3 @ 1600Mhz, ZOTAC GeForce® GTX 970.

They have all sorts of controller boards available. It’s figuring out what parts are needed and how to program it that’s the issue.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Primary Computer

-={TAC}=-DCS Server

Hi Sierra99,

I looked at the boards from Sismo Soluciones way back but couldn't find heads and tails on how to get it to speek with DCS. The main board talks to the PC via Ethernet but how the information exchange is between DCS and the Ethernet I have no idea.

With DCS-BIOS Ian's has made the interface from DCS to the USB connection which includes the export file. I would imagine it's possible to do similar Sismo Soluciones but you may have to write it all yourself. It may be similar to the SIOC which I think Duckling is still using.

My advise would be to use DCS-BIOS. If making the boards yourself sound too scary please look up Tekkx. Draken152 is using Tekkx's boards for his pit; https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=3470952&postcount=139

Cheers

Hans

I got the mother board and a daughter board the other day. It turns out that deep in the Sismo Soluciones manual they say that the boards are set up for Microsoft flight sim products. They say it is possible to make the boards work for other programs but "it is up to the user to find what they need on the internet to get what is required for the stuff to work." I have sent the boards back to pcflights and told them about the "hunt it for yourself option." ( I kept the gauges to try to set up with dcs bios in the near future.)

--Fenmonster