DCS: F-14 Status Update

Cobra847

I don't think you are being entirely fair to Razbam. It is wrong to demonise one developer and blame them for the delayed release of another product.

They put a lot of effort into the Mig. The fact that it does not appeal to you changes nothing.

It must be very hard for the Razbam devs reading these pages at the moment.

Just put the pitchforks away guys.

Shit happens and that is all it is. Fate decreed that two aircraft were ready for release at the same time and that has caused knock on effects.

Think yourself lucky, it could have been three or four ready for release with the CE2 and the Yak still having that new plane smell.

The apoplexy on here in that case, would have been awesome to behold.

Well people blame them rightfully so for releasing modules and basically abandon them for making new modules to grab some money... M2000c or harrier...

Gesendet von meinem SM-G960F mit Tapatalk

• Replies 636
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ED Team
Get your act together ED!

Our act is quite together thanks. As we explained to Heatblur, we need at least a week to evaluate the release canidate before we can commit to a release date. The Tomcat is a very complex product and we will not publish it until we are sure our customers will be happy with its release state.

The lack of an F-14 release date as zero to do with the MiG-19.

- Wags

Edited by Wags

Not only that, it doesn't make sense from a marketing / sales standpoint too, which pisses me off because it means we could have gotten the f14 earlier if there wasn't the mig19 which tbh only a handful of people care about.

No, this is pure speculation. We don't even know, if the RC had issues or not. Neither do we know if the F-14 could be successful integrated into the Openbeta build, for this Friday.

Maybe ED wants to quickly release the MiG-19 so it does NOT interfere with the plan for the F-14? We simply don't know. And wild guessing and assumptions from piecemeal info scraped together doesn't help...

Shagrat

- Flying Sims since 1984 -:pilotfly:

Win 10 | i5 10600K@4.1GHz | 64GB | GeForce RTX 3090 - Asus VG34VQL1B  | TrackIR5 | Simshaker & Jetseat | VIRPIL CM 50 Stick & Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Plus/Apache64 Grip | MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals | WW Top Gun MIP | a hand made AHCP | 2x Elgato StreamDeck (Buttons galore)

Our act is quite together thanks. As we exlained to Heatblur, we need at least a week to evaluate the release canidate before we can commit to a release date. The Tomcat is a very complex product and we will not publish it until we are sure are customer will be happy with its release state.

- Wags

We will be happy but thx for the update

I’m shocked that ED/HB continue to allow these threads to fester. Talk about 50 pages of cancerous vitriol regarding something that is purely speculation.

Every day before March 21st is a blessing, and no one has a right to be angry before then.

Our act is quite together thanks. As we explained to Heatblur, we need at least a week to evaluate the release canidate before we can commit to a release date. The Tomcat is a very complex product and we will not publish it until we are sure our customers will be happy with its release state.

- Wags

Everybody is gonna be happy don't worry about it. Don't you see the hype it's not even hype it's bigger than that. This is like the messiah for us ! RELEASE IT :mad::mad::mad:

- Wags

Thank you Wags for clearing things up!

To Heatblur/Cobra...Why couldn't you offer us this insight about ED requiring at least a week for review? You mentioned "We hope this will happen within the next few days" in the OP of this thread over a week ago. It seems that there is a large variance in the Heablur and ED time frames.

And then we get a post saying that Cobra is frustrated...which leads to more wild speculation and worry.

i5 7600K @4.8GHz | 1080 Ti | 32GB 3200MHz | SSD | DCS SETTINGS | "COCKPIT"

Thank you Wags for clearing things up!

To Heatblur/Cobra...Why couldn't you offer us this insight about ED requiring at least a week for review? You mentioned "We hope this will happen within the next few days" in the OP of this thread over a week ago. It seems that there is a large variance in the Heablur and ED time frames.

And then we get a post saying that Cobra is frustrated...which leads to more wild speculation and worry.

You're creating the speculation and talking for nothing here. People are waiting ED announcement it's not the fault of HB, Cobra is not ED FYI.

- Wags

Thanks for clarification, keep working and keep us updated as with in depth update of the Tomcat release steps remaining, I think I'm not wrong when I says it is what your supporters are looking for!

SDcnfEeQSUawKYuXQUNbbeETGOBp23.png

BTW, Thanks HB and ED to make this dream come true! :pilotfly:

FlighRIG => CPU: RyZen 5900x | RAM: 64GB Corsair 3000Mhz | GPU: nVIDIA RTX 4090 FE | OS Storage: SSD NVMe Samsung 850 Pro 512GB, DCS Storage: SSD NVMe Sabrent 1TB | Device: Multipurpose-UFC, VirPil T-50, TM WARTHOG Throttle, TrackHat, MFD Cougar with screen.

Our Servers => [ITA] Banshee | Krasnodar - PvE | PersianConquest PvE Live Map&Stats | Syria Liberation PvE Conquest

Support us on twitch subscribing with amazon prime account linked, it's free!

- Wags

now it's been a week since the update posted. i hope it won't take any longer

FC3 | UH-1 | Mi-8 | A-10C II | F/A-18 | Ka-50 III | F-14 | F-16 | AH-64 Mi-24 | F-5 | F-15E| F-4| Tornado

Persian Gulf | Nevada | Syria | NS-430 | Supercarrier // Wishlist: CH-53 | UH-60

Youtube

MS FFB2 - TM Warthog - CH Pro Pedals - Trackir 5

• ED Team
Everybody is gonna be happy don't worry about it. Don't you see the hype it's not even hype it's bigger than that. This is like the messiah for us ! RELEASE IT :mad::mad::mad:

After a lot of time with the Tomcat, I'm sure everyone will be very happy. It's a wonderful product and sets new DCS standards in several areas. We are proud to publish it.

As the publisher though, we do take the responsibility seriously of publishing a tested product. We rightfully got blasted in the past for publishing too soon. We can only begin the full evaluation after we receieve the release candiate. While we had access to development builds along the way, it's the release candiate that is the foucs.

We are already very busy going through the evaluation process and we VERY much hope to make it for sale as early as we can.

It will be worth the wait.

- Wags

Ok let list all that’s wrong with the current setup from ED

1st mig-19 was never going to have a presell because it wasn’t going to be released as a beta build. It was to be complete on launch.

2nd ED told razbam it wasn’t complete and to go back and finish it. ED also said that’s it wouldn’t hold up the Tomcat release.

3rd Heatblur summited their RC build to ED before before razbam resubmitted the mig-19 back again for approval.

4th ED oks the release of the mig-19 is a slap in the face to Heatblur for doing the job right and not pushing a build before it is ready. ED should have told razbam that they lost their right to a first release because the sent in a build that wasn’t ready had to take a month to fix it and it now to close to the maximum release time frame that ED and Heatblur agree to so Heatblur has the priority on a release date first now. Plus the fact that the Tomcat is the bigger launch of the two is part of the reason we didn’t have it last year with the hornet release. ED didn’t want it and the Tomcat competing with each other.

5th and this is just my personal opinion is I see the Tomcat coming out now by March 21 because it will still be to close to the release of the mig-19 and they don’t want them to compete against each other. If they did they would hold off on the mig-19 another week and test both of them and release them at the same time a week from today

Cobra you and Heatblur you have all of support just wished ED would quit screwing around with you all

F-14 or MiG-19. What kind of competition are we talking about? I believe that flight simulator as in the niche segment is not applicable. If I waited for the MiG-19, but the F-14 came out earlier, I would have waited further for the MiG-19. A matter of taste.

After a lot of time with the Tomcat, I'm sure everyone will be very happy. It's a wonderful product and sets new DCS standards in several areas. We are proud to publish it.

As the publisher though, we do take the responsibility seriously of publishing a tested product. We rightfully got blasted in the past for publishing too soon. We can only begin the full evaluation after we receieve the release candiate. While we had access to development builds along the way, it's the release candiate that is the foucs.

We are already very busy going through the evaluation process and we VERY much hope to make it for sale as early as we can.

- Wags

I have no clue why it is so hard to test.

1) Can it bust a tower?

2) Can it fly upside down while I flip off my monitor?

3) Flat spins?

4) Am I dangerous?

Seems simple guys. Real simple.:thumbup: In the meantime I'm going to go shoot some HARMs at something. Keep up the good work!

- Wags

Well said. The sensible amoung us know, that nobody wants the cat in the marketplace asap more than you guys and HB.

I’d prefer rigorous testing as opposed to another Hawk like incident, as I’m sure everyone would in the long run.

For people that don’t understand this business:

Software development Is difficult and complex.

Edited by exile2256

• ED Team
Apparently ED has had the Tomcat since early October.

5kfsdj.png

Yes, but we have only had the most recent Release Candidate for a few days. This is the version we assess for release, doesnt matter how long we have had it for if we get a new version tomorrow.

64Sig.png
Forum RulesMy YouTube • My Discord - NineLine#0440• **How to Report a Bug**

1146563203_makefg(6).png.82dab0a01be3a361522f3fff75916ba4.png  80141746_makefg(1).png.6fa028f2fe35222644e87c786da1fabb.png  28661714_makefg(2).png.b3816386a8f83b0cceab6cb43ae2477e.png  389390805_makefg(3).png.bca83a238dd2aaf235ea3ce2873b55bc.png  216757889_makefg(4).png.35cb826069cdae5c1a164a94deaff377.png  1359338181_makefg(5).png.e6135dea01fa097e5d841ee5fb3c2dc5.png

most think this is wrong

wether they say it or not and it is. ED should just as they say a lesson learned and release it as a WIP I think everyone would be comfortable with that. c'mon heatblur figure it would take a couple days so what gives. is it marketing? it's starting to feel like marketing.

• ED Team
wether they say it or not and it is. ED should just as they say a lesson learned and release it as a WIP I think everyone would be comfortable with that. c'mon heatblur figure it would take a couple days so what gives. is it marketing? it's starting to feel like marketing.

We have procedures in place, right now you just need to be patient and wait for the final checks to be done. It won't be long now.

64Sig.png

1146563203_makefg(6).png.82dab0a01be3a361522f3fff75916ba4.png  80141746_makefg(1).png.6fa028f2fe35222644e87c786da1fabb.png  28661714_makefg(2).png.b3816386a8f83b0cceab6cb43ae2477e.png  389390805_makefg(3).png.bca83a238dd2aaf235ea3ce2873b55bc.png  216757889_makefg(4).png.35cb826069cdae5c1a164a94deaff377.png  1359338181_makefg(5).png.e6135dea01fa097e5d841ee5fb3c2dc5.png

- Wags

This is really good news isn’t it guys. It sounds wonderful, let’s just look forward to it, it will come.

harrier landing GIFRYZEN 7 3700X Running at 4.35 GHz

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080Ti

32gb DDR4 RAM @3200 MHz

Oculus CV1 NvME 970 EVO

TM Warthog Stick & Throttle plus 11" extension. VKB T-Rudder MKIV

I have no clue why it is so hard to test.

1) Can it bust a tower?

2) Can it fly upside down while I flip off my monitor?

3) Flat spins?

4) Am I dangerous?

Seems simple guys. Real simple.:thumbup: In the meantime I'm going to go shoot some HARMs at something. Keep up the good work!

1) Can it BUZZ a tower?:thumbup:

Strike

USLANTCOM.com

stepped_with_391_new_small.png

i7-9700K OC 5GHz| MSI MPG Z390 GAMING PRO CARBON | 32GB DDR4 3200 | GTX 3090 | Samsung SSD | HP Reverb G2 | VIRPIL Alpha | VIRPIL Blackhawk | HOTAS Warthog

Yes, but we have only had the most recent Release Candidate for a few days. This is the version we assess for release, doesnt matter how long we have had it for if we get a new version tomorrow.

This makes sense for a full release but why hold it back from open beta? Then we can flesh out crash bugs quicker.

Thermaltake Core P90 Tempered Glass//Thermaltake iRGB Plus 1200W//GIGABYTE Z390 AORUS MASTER LGA 1151//i9-9900K//Thermaltake CL420 Copper Radiator//Thermaltake W4 Plus//Thermaltake 140mm Radiator Fan Triple Pack//Samsung 1TB 970 EVO NVMe M2//SAMSUNG 970 EVO M.2 500GB //CORSAIR Vengeance RGB Pro 64GB 3200//GIGABYTE AORUS GeForce RTX 2080 TI//Logitech G940//Virpil MT50 Throttle//MFG Crosswind rudder pedals//Geko GSeat//Gametrix Jetseat//Htc Vive//Pimax 5k+//Viril VFX//Razer Nari Ultimate

• ED Team
This makes sense for a full release but why hold it back from open beta? Then we can flesh out crash bugs quicker.

Any publication must go through a rigorous process now, based on some missteps in the past. In addition to standard publishing assets, the module must submit a detailed accounting of their flight model’s accuracy based on verifiable data, we must run through all avionics systems to ensure it matches provided documentation, all content must play through correctly, and naturally, there can be no crash issues. All of this applies to the Release Candidate sent from the developer, not development builds. Only after all these items are satisfied can we consider a release date/publication. The F-14 is not there yet.

64Sig.png