New i9 9900k Rift in VR

dburne

Sooo, I broke down and got me a 2080ti and installed it. This thing is a beast. I'm actually able to run 4x MSAA and still maintain 45+ fps. I tried visible range at Extreme with MSAA Off, but there were times it dipped in the 30s and the cost of frames did not out weigh the visual improvement so I went back to High setting with 4x MSAA. I know you see my Shadow setting is set to Low, but I modified the shadows.lua and the shadowmap size is actually 8192(double the Ultra setting), and for the split distance size settings, I'm using the Medium values. I wanted to get those crisp cockpit shadows while maintaining high resolution shadows for outside. I haven't tried any PD value other than 1.5 yet, but I'm still testing other setting combos. While testing, I did notice a temp spike with my cpu ever since I installed the new card, which is why I dropped my speed to 5.0GHz @ 1.25v. I'll be making a separate thread about this since this is troubling. Overall, I am more than satisfied with this beast of a card. It was delivered and installed just in time for the Tomcat. Also, since my Cougar broke, my new Warthog is coming tomorrow. For those that are interested, the Warthog is part of Amazon's monthly payment plan. There's no interest or extra fees. The plan is for 5 months, so they break up the amount in 5 payments. The initial charge is for the first month payment, shipping, and taxes. After that it's just 4 monthly payments that they automatically charge your card. So i'm glad I took advantage of that. Cant' wait for the Tomcat.:thumbup:

rmafh8d0etc4x1f6g.jpg

i9 9900k @5.1GHz NZXT Kraken |Asus ROG Strix Z390 E-Gaming | Samsung NVMe m.2 970 Evo 1TB | LPX 64GB DDR4 3200MHz

EVGA RTX 3090 FTW3 Ultra | Reverb G1  | HOTAS Warthog | Saitek Flight Pedals