Vr hands in pit now works

Sniper175

Right click = palm turned to top (line turn to blue) and after index trigger.

Sorry for my english ;)

Thank you but I use that method everyday, now the hand can interact with the button, you can press the button with your VR fingers but I only can move a tree position switch to one side, example: switch 1-2-3, from 2 to 3 but I dont know how to from 2 to 1 also I cant with the rotary knobs.

Thank you any ways.

Arturo "Chaco" Gonzalez Thomas

It works ( select use VR controllers in options ) but my hands are inviasable & it’s hard to guess controller / hand positions etc

The black hands show up on menu but vanish when in plane !&?!

Is there a way to keep them showing all the time ???

Edited by adrianstealth

Thank you but I use that method everyday, now the hand can interact with the button, you can press the button with your VR fingers but I only can move a tree position switch to one side, example: switch 1-2-3, from 2 to 3 but I dont know how to from 2 to 1 also I cant with the rotary knobs.

Thank you any ways.

+1

Checkout my awesome F-14B Checklist / Reference guide.

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=248885

Don't like it yet. Any way to turn the option "single touch" off?

X-Plane 11.5x / DCS 2.5.6 / P3Dv5 / Aerofly FS 2 / War Thunder

Win10-x64 | ASUS Z390 Maximus VI | Intel i7-9700K @3.6GHz | Corsair Vengeance LPX 32 GB DDR4 | 6TB SSD Samsung 850 Pro | 2TB M2 PCI 4x | ASUS GTX 1080 ROG STRIX 8GB DDR5X | TM Hotas Warthog | Saitek Combat Pedals | Oculus Rift S

Thank you any ways.

With the Vive I found that to flip switches in the opposite direction you turn the controller upside down were the laser line is blue instead of green and clicking a button with push it the other way....

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 2600

MB: B450M Pro4

RAM: 16Gb DDR4

SSD: 500GB

GPU: MSI GTX 1070 8GB

"Pushes buttons" how? Like you can reach out and punch in stuff on the UFC or something else?

Yeah I found that you can push buttons with the virtual hands / fingers...but....its very frustrating as if your trying to enter numbers they typically get pushed multiple times....

I find the laser pointer method a bit easier.

Also you can use the laser pointer of the virtual hands to select your F keys in the comms menu...now that was a nice find as managing comms in VR for me was a no-go

Can someone with a Captoglove video the interface with pushbuttons / switches and post please ? Thinking of buying a Captoglove and want to see it in action.

Intel i9 7980XE @4.4Hz

64GB DDR4 RAM at 2666MHz

GTX 1080Ti with 11GB GDDR5X

Reverb Pro HMD

HOTAS: TM Warthog throttle / TM F18 Grip

Dual H640P Huion tablets used with VRK (Virtual Kneeboard ) software

Gametrix JetSeat with SimShaker

DOF Reality P6, 6 axis Motion Platform

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Can someone with a Captoglove video the interface with pushbuttons / switches and post please ? Thinking of buying a Captoglove and want to see it in action.

Happy New Year!

First of all think about it twice before you spend 900$.

Why 900$? Because one glove cost 250$ plus 190$ for Vive sensor for positional tracking and double that for both hands. Positional tracking works only with Vive lighthouse compatible VR.

Check for VRFree Gloves from Sensoryx They are full price for 400$ pair and have implemented positional tracking.

Strange that ED never communicates on this. We always have to find out where their implementation of the touch controllers in DCS are by trying ourselves from time to time. And we even had to figure out how to use them. It took me a couple of tries before I figure out that holding the touch controllers upside down allow to flip the switch up or down (although now it sounds like obvious). The problem I have with the touch controllers is that my virtual left hand is right on the collective when my real hand is holding it (although not very practical because of the shape of the touch controller) but my cyclic control is shorter than the virtual one so it is a bit disturbing to find it, and even harder to hold the cyclic IRL with the touch controller at the same time. Captoglove (when/if it is implemented in DCS) are attractive, but the price is way too high for the additional comfort it brings.

Since the latest updates, I find it has become more difficult to flip and hold some of the smaller switches with the touch laser pointer (i.e. the fire test a/b, CRS, or canopy in the hornet). It's just hard to keep the laser steady and then the switch will flip off.

The ability to flip switches and push buttons by moving the finger on the hand model into them is kinda cool, but it's still a little glitchy and there's no right-click equivalent that I could find.

What I wish for most, though, is to be able to use the left and right hands to simultaneously press two buttons or switches at once, which is needed during start-up (FCS bit test).

Still, using the touch controllers is my favorite way to interact with the cockpit, so I can only hope they further refine it!

While I like to use the VR controllers over the mouse, I find some things I can’t get to work. For example When in the Hornet and having to perform the Bit test. That requires both hands to perform it. Left hand pointing at the switch on the right hand side that you have to hold up and my right hand pointing at the FCS switch on the right DDI. The problem is if I have the point holding the switch on the right I can’t use the pointer or the finger to push the FCS switch in the right DDI....anyone have a solution other than take off the HMD to hit the Y button on the keyboard?

Since the latest updates, I find it has become more difficult to flip and hold some of the smaller switches with the touch laser pointer (i.e. the fire test a/b, CRS, or canopy in the hornet). It's just hard to keep the laser steady and then the switch will flip off.

+1

Also getting accidental activations. Mainly just whacking the hook down by accident. Still. Whole thing is a little touchy.

Still, using the touch controllers is my favorite way to interact with the cockpit, so I can only hope they further refine it!

Funny you get used to it really quick. Once you do, it really works.

Flipping switches with the oculus controller feels very intuitive. Stabbing into the air for a button press does not.

The finger mouse guy is working on a touch board concept for button presses, which I think is cool.

Also think it would be cool to have like a bracket you could attach to the throttle to hold the gear lever and flaps switch in the right position. You'd have to fiddle with the IPD to get it right but if you could pull it off -- get stuff in the right position where what you feel matches what you are seeing -- would be darn cool. Like what they are doing with virtual rifles for FPS. The guys who are fabbing up panels are on the right track I think; that could help us VR types too.

Edited by DeltaMike

Ryzen 5600X (stock), GBX570, 32Gb RAM, AMD 6900XT (reference), G2, WInwing Orion HOTAS, T-flight rudder

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
I was wondering about the switches and buttons located behind the throttle. Is it easy to flip switches or push buttons by direct contact ?

Yeah you can look around things. Refueling probe is hard to get to tho. Right-clicking at weird angles is a PIA

Ryzen 5600X (stock), GBX570, 32Gb RAM, AMD 6900XT (reference), G2, WInwing Orion HOTAS, T-flight rudder

So I have a HTC Vive and a Lenovo Explorer. I don't know since when, but, for some time I can only see and use the hands when I'm on the menus, and even interact with the menus, but the hands are no longer visible once in the cockpit. I didn't mind much before, but after talking with someone that assured me that it's worth it, I'm trying to find what the problem is with no luck so far.

Any suggestions?

I received my pair of captogloves but can't find how to use them... the option is checked in DCS but i have no idea how to set it up... Any one at ED can help me?

You should start a new thread, I think alot of people are interested in how it works and a review.

New hotness: I7 9700k 4.8ghz, 32gb ddr4, 2080ti, :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, HP Reverb (formermly CV1)

Old-N-busted: i7 4720HQ ~3.5GHZ, +32GB DDR3 + Nvidia GTX980m (4GB VRAM) :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, Rift CV1 (yes really).

You should start a new thread, I think alot of people are interested in how it works and a review.

For now i can't start anything because captogloves are not seen by DCS! :cry:

Even if i use it as mouse emulation because ED changed the mouse behaviour in cockpit view, so, for now Captogloves are useless!:(

Well thats pretty lame. Maybe contact the captoglove guys, maybe there is some DCS specific driver or interface thing they could send you. It seems like they have been posting those vids for like a year plus so I imagine there must be a way.

New hotness: I7 9700k 4.8ghz, 32gb ddr4, 2080ti, :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, HP Reverb (formermly CV1)

Old-N-busted: i7 4720HQ ~3.5GHZ, +32GB DDR3 + Nvidia GTX980m (4GB VRAM) :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, Rift CV1 (yes really).

I now use the controllers all the time. I use the left controller almost exclusively to manipulate the mfd's and switches etc. I don't think I could do without it now. I use the Oculus touch.

A couple of things I would like to see them change is the sensitivity of the finger pointing touch so that when you go to press a button it doesn't do it loads of times and the option to turn off haptic feedback.