JUST DOGFIGHT server thread

Flighter

I don't have labels either for some reason. Playing in VR. Last time there was a huge gun furball and I wondered how the hell people can IFF in that chaos? Am I the only one without labels or is there any other trick?[/quote

You have to have dots selected in setup. Then you will see the colored chevron in the game.

• 2 weeks later...

There are two "Just Dogfight" servers. The "Just Dogfight New" or something like that has no labels (even though the info says labels = dot only). The other one has labels. I love a no-label fight as much as the next person, but when (1) you have the same type of aircraft in both sides and (2) everyone jumps into an ongoing furball (as opposed to two teams approaching each other in an agreed pattern), it is frankly an exercise is pointless chaos. You cannot really practice BFM under those circumstances. So I just avoid the no-labels version.

There are two "Just Dogfight" servers. The "Just Dogfight New" or something like that has no labels (even though the info says labels = dot only). The other one has labels. I love a no-label fight as much as the next person, but when (1) you have the same type of aircraft in both sides and (2) everyone jumps into an ongoing furball (as opposed to two teams approaching each other in an agreed pattern), it is frankly an exercise is pointless chaos. You cannot really practice BFM under those circumstances. So I just avoid the no-labels version.

Hi there !

Unfortunately the "JUST DOGFIGHT CENTRAL USA" is a bad imitation, fake JDF server.

The owner copied the mission and worst of all the name (lame and sad for such a small community...) so I have no control over it.

On the two Just-dogfight servers (release and open beta) labels should be on.

attachment.php?attachmentid=221260&stc=1&d=1573993826

Cheers !

fake_jdf.png.1e29036d21f308a8ab8caadc6d6f8d7d.png

JUSTDOGFIGHT server - For Nickname reservation, stats, server map, instructions and other content visit our site justdogfight.com

🙂 Smile 🙂

Hi there !

Unfortunately the "JUST DOGFIGHT CENTRAL USA" is a bad imitation, fake JDF server.

The owner copied the mission and worst of all the name (lame and sad for such a small community...) so I have no control over it.

On the two Just-dogfight servers (release and open beta) labels should be on.

attachment.php?attachmentid=221260&stc=1&d=1573993826

Cheers !

This is unfortunate. And cheap. And unethical. Have you contacted them and asked to at least change the name to something more different?

Hi,

There’s a bug with wake turbulence that causes wings to break in at least the Su-27 and Mirage 2000 as you cross someone’s wake turbulence with high G. Can wake turbulence be disabled please. https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=4116997&postcount=6

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

64th "Scorpions" Aggressor Squadron

Discord: 64th Aggressor Squadron

TS: 195.201.110.22

Hi everyone!

I've been using flight simulation and air combat simulation platforms for decades, the last couple of months I've been spending some time on the JDF server, it has been one of my favorites :D

I'd like to thank the host for the awesome service and leave some thoughts from playing in this server:

1. From my experience, when you join JDF, the enemy will try to shoot you down because the server simulates combat in a war scenario. Some people don't like to get shot, so they complain. These are people, not virtual pilots...;

2. People need to understand that evading missiles is a very important air combat skill and I've seen some pilots on the JDF server which are extremely good doing this;

3. On the other hand, it seems that the majority of the people simply does not know how to evade missiles and I mean any missile. I even see a lot of people using flares against SAM's for example...;

4. All DCS missiles can be evaded, some are much more difficult than others and some hit with higher energy than others;

5. Pilots know who's shooting at them and therefore most of the time also know what is the type of incoming missile, people don't;

6. Pilots know that firing and evading missiles efficiently requires knowledge, people don't. Different defense techniques should be applied according to the position in relation to the enemy or weapon and situation;

7. Pilots know that some aircrafts can take more damage than others, people don't;

8. In this simulator, the knowledge about the aircraft and the enemy aircraft and its weapon systems is a very important skill, one doesn't get it just by playing around...

Recently it seems that a server update has disabled some of the US missiles capabilities based on people complaints in this forum so please allow me to leave some opinions regarding this:

1. I don't think it's fair to change any weapon or aircraft specification, the server should not be able to do that since DCS World is built to run as a combat simulation platform, therefore per definition, one should keep it as close to the original as possible;

2. DCS Pilots actually spend a considerable amount of money buying the modules, so I think everyone expects them to perform 100% on all servers and not 99% because it's someone's opinion;

3. After disabling the AIM-9X, the AIM-9M became the A-A weapon of choice for some of the US planes. The AIM-9M missile is very inferior to the Russian AA-11/R-73 and even the french MMagicII in terms of maneuverability and guidance systems;

4. On top of that I've found that most of the times a US fighter has to fire 2x AIM-9M to be able to completely destroy a Russian plane so roughly 7/10 times you only damage the enemy plane and someone else will get the kill;

5. The Russian R-73 is an all aspect infrared homing missile very much similar to the AIM-9X. So to make it fair to the simulation the R-73 missile should also be disabled or have them both working as it is originally;

6. It's really sad to realize that the opinion of some people is enough to disable features which affect the simulation in this server. I'm guessing next will be: "oh my plane is slower than the enemy, can you please disable the enemies afterburner?" and here we go again...;

7. One should just keep it simple and original, nothing good comes with tuning servers to serve opinions, not a good practice since people will only continue not learning the things I described earlier and just complain because they are shot before the merge;

8. In real air combat, there are no rules of engagement. I don't understand why people continue to complain when they are fired upon in head to head situation. Again, some people don't like to get shot, so they complain.

Cheers!

Hi,

There’s a bug with wake turbulence that causes wings to break in at least the Su-27 and Mirage 2000 as you cross someone’s wake turbulence with high G. Can wake turbulence be disabled please. https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=4116997&postcount=6

Hi Krippz !

Many thanks for the tip.

I will disable it on both servers as soon as I get the chance (free time and server empty) as I need to restart it.

Cheers !

JUSTDOGFIGHT server - For Nickname reservation, stats, server map, instructions and other content visit our site justdogfight.com

🙂 Smile 🙂

Hi everyone!

I've been using flight simulation and air combat simulation platforms for decades, the last couple of months I've been spending some time on the JDF server, it has been one of my favorites :D

I'd like to thank the host for the awesome service and leave some thoughts from playing in this server:

1. From my experience, when you join JDF, the enemy will try to shoot you down because the server simulates combat in a war scenario. Some people don't like to get shot, so they complain. These are people, not virtual pilots...;

2. People need to understand that evading missiles is a very important air combat skill and I've seen some pilots on the JDF server which are extremely good doing this;

3. On the other hand, it seems that the majority of the people simply does not know how to evade missiles and I mean any missile. I even see a lot of people using flares against SAM's for example...;

4. All DCS missiles can be evaded, some are much more difficult than others and some hit with higher energy than others;

5. Pilots know who's shooting at them and therefore most of the time also know what is the type of incoming missile, people don't;

6. Pilots know that firing and evading missiles efficiently requires knowledge, people don't. Different defense techniques should be applied according to the position in relation to the enemy or weapon and situation;

7. Pilots know that some aircrafts can take more damage than others, people don't;

8. In this simulator, the knowledge about the aircraft and the enemy aircraft and its weapon systems is a very important skill, one doesn't get it just by playing around...

Recently it seems that a server update has disabled some of the US missiles capabilities based on people complaints in this forum so please allow me to leave some opinions regarding this:

1. I don't think it's fair to change any weapon or aircraft specification, the server should not be able to do that since DCS World is built to run as a combat simulation platform, therefore per definition, one should keep it as close to the original as possible;

2. DCS Pilots actually spend a considerable amount of money buying the modules, so I think everyone expects them to perform 100% on all servers and not 99% because it's someone's opinion;

3. After disabling the AIM-9X, the AIM-9M became the A-A weapon of choice for some of the US planes. The AIM-9M missile is very inferior to the Russian AA-11/R-73 and even the french MMagicII in terms of maneuverability and guidance systems;

4. On top of that I've found that most of the times a US fighter has to fire 2x AIM-9M to be able to completely destroy a Russian plane so roughly 7/10 times you only damage the enemy plane and someone else will get the kill;

5. The Russian R-73 is an all aspect infrared homing missile very much similar to the AIM-9X. So to make it fair to the simulation the R-73 missile should also be disabled or have them both working as it is originally;

6. It's really sad to realize that the opinion of some people is enough to disable features which affect the simulation in this server. I'm guessing next will be: "oh my plane is slower than the enemy, can you please disable the enemies afterburner?" and here we go again...;

7. One should just keep it simple and original, nothing good comes with tuning servers to serve opinions, not a good practice since people will only continue not learning the things I described earlier and just complain because they are shot before the merge;

8. In real air combat, there are no rules of engagement. I don't understand why people continue to complain when they are fired upon in head to head situation. Again, some people don't like to get shot, so they complain.

Cheers!

Hi eT!0n!

Thanks for the time to make a nice and detailed post.

All valid points. As all opinions, taken in consideration.

I will revisit this issue and I will definitely enable the X's in the 1v1 areas for the 16s and 18s.

Especially now that the F18 will break on over-G, it's going towards a more balanced scenario.

One side-note regarding opinions : You should be glad that opinions matter in this server. It makes a hell of a difference I believe. Look no further than your own post ! :)

Best regards !

🙂 Smile 🙂

Hi Flighter,

could you kindly add the dual gunpods to the loadout of the AJS-37 Viggen for the 1v1 areas? Right now it has only the rb74 loaded so its limited to missiles only.

Also could you pls check the availability of the Viggen in the 1v1 areas?

I can be mistaken,but I think in No1 1v1 area the Viggen is only available to the red side but not the blue side.

Thank you for this fun-loaded server!

Kind regards,

Snappy

Hi Flighter,

could you kindly add the dual gunpods to the loadout of the AJS-37 Viggen for the 1v1 areas? Right now it has only the rb74 loaded so its limited to missiles only.

Also could you pls check the availability of the Viggen in the 1v1 areas?

I can be mistaken,but I think in No1 1v1 area the Viggen is only available to the red side but not the blue side.

Thank you for this fun-loaded server!

Kind regards,

Snappy

Hi Snappy !

Release server should be OK and beta should have the new mission active as soon as it is restarted (has been busy all day today).

Let me know if anything is missed.

Cheers !

🙂 Smile 🙂

I m enjoying your room a lot as sometimes, I just wanna wdo some quick bfm.

On the other hand, the behaviour of the multilayer room changed the last few weeks and is becoming erratic to the point of almost not being able to fly there.

So here are some observation for things to have a look at in the mission to try to mitigate the issue:

I m sorry if it's f18 related but that's what I mostelly fly. Other hi fidelity planes might have the same issues tough

Config at spawn:

In the room, you spawn in with countermeasures on but not programmed. Could we have them in bypass at boot up? Also the attack radar seems to give weired. Infos as sometimes it spawns and is stuck in PDI so you see no-one lol. If we spawn up with A/A already selected with aim9 and a radar setup correctly, that would already help a lot.

Some air spawn f18 have a mix of 9x and 9m. Strange config that bugs up the sim. I suffered that weired bug of being able to shoot only 1 missile and not the others. It's a reported bug in multi player but changing setup to 9x or 9m only might help. Also just using lau115 instead of lau127 seems to alleviate the issue.

As it's a bit of a furyball in there, I understand anyone of any coalition could fly any plane. But with actual state of the MP, IFF is unreliable. I ve had ambiguous that shot me and I could have killed just because I had no positive IFF. I also got kicked for friendly kill because of a target switching back to friendly after missile was off the rail. (sorry for that).

So should it not be better for a while to have coalition related planes and keep the 1v1 with all frames avail?

1v1 is great and I m happy to play there as everybody seem to wanna play right and wait for merge before fighting on.. Maybe we could get more 1v1 spawn possibility?

Thanks for reading and see you soon in the room...

Rig: MB Gigabite z390UD, CPU Intel I7 8700k, RAM 32G DDR4 3200 Gskill ripjaws, GPU MSI RTX2080SuperOC, HDD Crucial mx500 1tb M2 sata, PSU Corsair 850W, watercooling Corsair h100,

Controlers TM f/a 18 stick on Virpil warbrd base, TM cougar f16 stick on cougar base, Cougar F16 throttle on TUSBA, ch pedals, TM cougar MFD

27" monitor with trk IR 5 and HP Reverb HMD.

Modules F18, F16, F86, Mig15, FW 190D9, Nellis range map, Aggr campaign, Middle East map

Looks like RN-24s are enabled for the MIG-21. The carrier keeps getting nuked.

It's a new bug introduced a couple of updates ago.

I have made a bug report post but nobody bothered even acknowledging it.

It would be nice to bump up the thread, maybe they pay attention and fix it again.

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=253843

Cheers

🙂 Smile 🙂

I m enjoying your room a lot as sometimes, I just wanna wdo some quick bfm.

On the other hand, the behaviour of the multilayer room changed the last few weeks and is becoming erratic to the point of almost not being able to fly there.

So here are some observation for things to have a look at in the mission to try to mitigate the issue:

I m sorry if it's f18 related but that's what I mostelly fly. Other hi fidelity planes might have the same issues tough

Config at spawn:

In the room, you spawn in with countermeasures on but not programmed. Could we have them in bypass at boot up? Also the attack radar seems to give weired. Infos as sometimes it spawns and is stuck in PDI so you see no-one lol. If we spawn up with A/A already selected with aim9 and a radar setup correctly, that would already help a lot.

Some air spawn f18 have a mix of 9x and 9m. Strange config that bugs up the sim. I suffered that weired bug of being able to shoot only 1 missile and not the others. It's a reported bug in multi player but changing setup to 9x or 9m only might help. Also just using lau115 instead of lau127 seems to alleviate the issue.

As it's a bit of a furyball in there, I understand anyone of any coalition could fly any plane. But with actual state of the MP, IFF is unreliable. I ve had ambiguous that shot me and I could have killed just because I had no positive IFF. I also got kicked for friendly kill because of a target switching back to friendly after missile was off the rail. (sorry for that).

So should it not be better for a while to have coalition related planes and keep the 1v1 with all frames avail?

1v1 is great and I m happy to play there as everybody seem to wanna play right and wait for merge before fighting on.. Maybe we could get more 1v1 spawn possibility?

Thanks for reading and see you soon in the room...

Hi Vixen

Thanks for your time and thoughts.

I will take a look at the issues you mention and try to fixi them.

Regarding the game-play, it's a big mess, I know, but that's the way we like it ! :)

It's not a serious server, serious players do not even cross the door; like those bad ass bad reputation bars, where most of the fun is ! ;)

Still as you say 1v1 areas have the guarantee that you play they way you want and you get to kind of choose your opponent along with the rules of engagement !

Enjoy !

🙂 Smile 🙂

Hi eT!0n!

Thanks for the time to make a nice and detailed post.

All valid points. As all opinions, taken in consideration.

I will revisit this issue and I will definitely enable the X's in the 1v1 areas for the 16s and 18s.

Especially now that the F18 will break on over-G, it's going towards a more balanced scenario.

One side-note regarding opinions : You should be glad that opinions matter in this server. It makes a hell of a difference I believe. Look no further than your own post ! :)

Best regards !

Hi Flighter,

Thanks for your reply. Don't get me wrong but I actually think the opposite :(

Changing weapons specifications causes imbalance and not balance, the server should not do that. On the other hand DCS World developers should do it if they think it makes sense for the simulation.

People with inferior and less capable aircraft/weapons should expect more difficulties dogfighting with newer ones, that's simply how real the simulation is. Does this makes sense? Do you want it to be different?

In this server the russian R-73 is still working while the AIM-9X is not? What is the balance logic here? What are you trying to achieve? More dominant russian fighters in the server?

Does balance means that russian planes can load all aspect IR missiles that can actually be fired backwards when the american AIM-9X are disabled? Where is the balance here? And what is balance? All DCS airplanes and weapons are different... it makes no sense at all.

Do you think that for example, the fact that the F18 can load more than twice of gun ammo than the M2000C is balance (578 vs 250)? Do you think that the fact that some airplanes have a higher turn rate and higher thrust to weight ratio than others makes the simulation balanced?

You see, there is no balance in DCS and there will never be because it simply does not exist in reality and on top of that it wouldn't make any sense to develop additional modules for DCS World. Developers are not thinking about module balance for sure.

People complain about very silly things instead of learning, these people should play Ace Combat or just stay on the Guns Area training for War Thunder. I'm pretty sure that these people wouldn't invest time or money in a simulation where every player has the same airplane and weapons.

Again, tuning servers should serve to enhance the simulator experience and not remove features to serve people's opinions...

Regarding your side-note, If you read my post carefully you'll see that I only have one opinion: Don't change the simulation specifications, just keep it DCS World original with updates from the developers and not "updates" from people.

Cheers!

Hi Snappy !

Release server should be OK and beta should have the new mission active as soon as it is restarted (has been busy all day today).

Let me know if anything is missed.

Cheers !

Hi Flighter , just wanted to say thank you for fixing the Viggen loadouts so quickly. All correct now as far as I see.

Excellent support !

Kind regards ,

Snappy

@eti0n:

Serious question, why do you play on this specific server then , if you are so much into realism?

Its whole setup is quite unrealistic if you will.Spawning airborne without running multiple checklists? Spawning into an area with guns only and somehow everyone else is guns only too? Please...

However the server is a ton of fun, not least because of that setup and not everyone enjoys the same flavour as you and thats ok.

If you want to have -realistic- imbalance, there are tons of servers that cater to that, just fly on one of them.

No offense, but I‘m somewhat wary of the people who call others silly and proclaim realism-adherence for themselves.

Did you delete DCS from your harddrive after your first fatal crash or shootdown? Guess not...

Regards,

Snappy

Hi Flighter,

Thanks for your reply. Don't get me wrong but I actually think the opposite :(

Changing weapons specifications causes imbalance and not balance, the server should not do that. On the other hand DCS World developers should do it if they think it makes sense for the simulation.

People with inferior and less capable aircraft/weapons should expect more difficulties dogfighting with newer ones, that's simply how real the simulation is. Does this makes sense? Do you want it to be different?

In this server the russian R-73 is still working while the AIM-9X is not? What is the balance logic here? What are you trying to achieve? More dominant russian fighters in the server?

Does balance means that russian planes can load all aspect IR missiles that can actually be fired backwards when the american AIM-9X are disabled? Where is the balance here? And what is balance? All DCS airplanes and weapons are different... it makes no sense at all.

Do you think that for example, the fact that the F18 can load more than twice of gun ammo than the M2000C is balance (578 vs 250)? Do you think that the fact that some airplanes have a higher turn rate and higher thrust to weight ratio than others makes the simulation balanced?

You see, there is no balance in DCS and there will never be because it simply does not exist in reality and on top of that it wouldn't make any sense to develop additional modules for DCS World. Developers are not thinking about module balance for sure.

People complain about very silly things instead of learning, these people should play Ace Combat or just stay on the Guns Area training for War Thunder. I'm pretty sure that these people wouldn't invest time or money in a simulation where every player has the same airplane and weapons.

Again, tuning servers should serve to enhance the simulator experience and not remove features to serve people's opinions...

Regarding your side-note, If you read my post carefully you'll see that I only have one opinion: Don't change the simulation specifications, just keep it DCS World original with updates from the developers and not "updates" from people.

Cheers!

You don’t fly much MiG-21 or MiG-19 do you? :doh:

I don’t mind getting a 1-10 K/D ratio against modern fighters. It is a challenge.

What I do mind is a 0-25 K/D ratio facing the 9X. It turns the server into a 9X vs 9X battlezone.

Less variety of aircraft played. If anything the modern jets like F-15, F/A-18 and F-16 should have Aim-9P/L to make it more interesting :)

1 on 1 - 9X is a good decision. Focus on the server is fast paced action with airstart. Not deep simulation and procedures.

@eti0n:

Serious question, why do you play on this specific server then , if you are so much into realism?

Its whole setup is quite unrealistic if you will.Spawning airborne without running multiple checklists? Spawning into an area with guns only and somehow everyone else is guns only too? Please...

However the server is a ton of fun, not least because of that setup and not everyone enjoys the same flavour as you and thats ok.

If you want to have -realistic- imbalance, there are tons of servers that cater to that, just fly on one of them.

No offense, but I‘m somewhat wary of the people who call others silly and proclaim realism-adherence for themselves.

Did you delete DCS from your harddrive after your first fatal crash or shootdown? Guess not...

Regards,

Snappy

Serious question, why do you play DCS then, If you need so much balance, go play ACE compact.

There are 1000's of other factors that bring imbalance in DCS, So why only correct imbalance by AIM9x?

If anyone wants 100% realism they won't be flying in DCS, they will be real-life pilots.

No offense, But removing weapons like AIM9x does not bring any balance, they why we are removing it in the first place.

-------------------------------------------------

AMD 3700x, 32GB 3600 C16 RAM, 2080 Ti FE, 32UD89 4K 60, 300Mbps LAN

There are only 3 sexy airplanes in the sky, Flanker, Viper, Raptor

Hi guys!

@eti0n:

Regards,

Snappy

@Snappy:

I play at JDF because it's a fun and fast paced server :D

Changing weapons specifications has nothing to do with running checklists. If one wants to run checklists Flight Simulator is the choice, not DCS.

Spawning in air is way different than firing a missile that has no energy, it actually happens on JDF in certain slots that one spawns with 4 non-working AIM-9X loaded.

No offense taken and no realism-adherence here, I wouldn't delete DCS from my hard drive after a crash, that would be... you know...:doh:

I don’t mind getting a 1-10 K/D ratio against modern fighters. It is a challenge.

What I do mind is a 0-25 K/D ratio facing the 9X. It turns the server into a 9X vs 9X battlezone.

Less variety of aircraft played. If anything the modern jets like F-15, F/A-18 and F-16 should have Aim-9P/L to make it more interesting :)

1 on 1 - 9X is a good decision. Focus on the server is fast paced action with airstart. Not deep simulation and procedures.

@Schmidtfire:

No, unfortunately I don't own MiG-21 or MiG-19 :(

That k/d ratio is not surprising for a 2nd generation fighter on the JDF server regardless of the existence of a working 9X :yes:

In JDF servers you can load radar based missiles that are fully working and I don't see pilots doing that often.

If 9X's bother that much, at least remove them from the slots.

Cheers!

There are many players that uses MIG21 in missiles section, why? it can carry good number of missiles and it has a low heat signature. So increase the heat signature of MIG 21 then?

Of course, I am may be not an experienced player like you, but I have played a significant hour in the server when AIM9x was enabled, never seen a 0-25 kill ratio. Of course, if you are playing against a noobie, you can get 25 kill ratio. Before Viper was coming to the server, I was only using flanker, and I did kill F18s with 9x using R73s.

And also after getting viper, I did flow in server with flanker and F15, That time kill ratio is low, so what, Even if it is a 1 kill against my 5 deaths, flying against a modern fighter is something i can enjoy.

I saw the previous post some fake server is coming up, Maybe I am getting it now, why it is happening.

-------------------------------------------------

AMD 3700x, 32GB 3600 C16 RAM, 2080 Ti FE, 32UD89 4K 60, 300Mbps LAN

There are only 3 sexy airplanes in the sky, Flanker, Viper, Raptor

Well we all have different taste. Time and time again on the server I've seen people shooting eachother even before merging with 9X. That quickly turns into a 1-1 K/D at most of the merges. While It might be accurate weapons capability, is it really fun to fly like that? I have used it many times myself, but I quickly realized that the fights never ended in a dogfight. If it did, another player would tag you within seconds with his 9X.

Just Dogfight Server is not about simulation, it's about having fun in my opinion. Great place to relax and get inte some cool flight action. I also fly Blufor from time to time, and I don't get it at all. Where is the challenge shooting 9X against MiG-29's or MiG-21's? It's like... easy mode.

Hi all,

There are very weird weapons being loaded in the Mirage 2000C on the JDF server.

One can clearly see in the attached picture that the missiles are merged with the wing rails.

This "EG14_Victor" somehow manages to shoot invisible missiles and get kills with blanks, it's not the first time I see him around and he uses different names.

Does anyone knows what's going on here?

Cheers!

M2KC_weapon.thumb.png.d94b3a31eb1aee2e7af62c00f8d59454.png

Hi all,

There are very weird weapons being loaded in the Mirage 2000C on the JDF server.

One can clearly see in the attached picture that the missiles are merged with the wing rails.

This "EG14_Victor" somehow manages to shoot invisible missiles and get kills with blanks, it's not the first time I see him around and he uses different names.

Does anyone knows what's going on here?

Cheers!

Probably someone using a weapons mod. There are several out there. You can hang just about anything on any aircraft with them. I remember taking Phoenix's from guys in F-15's back in the ancient days of DCS.

Check if the server is running integrity checks. Though these will stop other people from using mods like the A-4 and the like.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

"For once you have tasted flight you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skywards, for there you have been and there you will long to return."

Leonardo Da Vinci

"We are tied to the ocean. And when we go back to the sea, whether it is to sail or to watch - we are going back from whence we came."

John F. Kennedy