[Urgent]Damage model

Skyracer

The DM of the mig 21 is clearly unrealistic. 5 direct hits of sidewinders flyes on with one wing, like nothing happen.

Plz fix!

MY SYSTEM SPECS: Hardware Intel pentium 3 @ 800 MHz, 256 Mb RAM, Geforce 2 64Mb, Dell screen 1024x768 + Microsoft sidewhiner joystick + TrackIR 2 + TrackClitPro SOFTWARE: Microsoft Windows 98, Noice Attack & VIASAT PRO, SnackView

Mig 21 damage model

Since the last update the DM of the mig 21 is bugged. 5 direct hits of sidewinders flyes on with zero wings, like nothing happen. Strange beacuse the same bugged happend like one year ago. Even thou its worse now then last year.

MY SYSTEM SPECS: Hardware Intel pentium 3 @ 800 MHz, 256 Mb RAM, Geforce 2 64Mb, Dell screen 1024x768 + Microsoft sidewhiner joystick + TrackIR 2 + TrackClitPro SOFTWARE: Microsoft Windows 98, Noice Attack & VIASAT PRO, SnackView

I presume it happened online ?

Do you have any recording, logs, server status data, your relative ping?

Did it happen once ? Twice ?

Try to be precise in reporting any issues and provide any proof that will let's us look into it and search for any in corrections.

AMD Ryzen 5900X @ 4.95 Ghz / Asus Crosshair VII X470 / 32 GB DDR4 3600 Mhz Cl16 / Radeon 6800XT / Samsung 960 EVO M.2 SSD / Creative SoundBlaster AE-9 / HP Reverb G2 / VIRPIL T-50CM /
Thrustmaster TPR Pendular Rudder Pedals / Audio Technica ATH-MSR7

I presume it happened online ?

Do you have any recording, logs, server status data, your relative ping?

Did it happen once ? Twice ?

Try to be precise in reporting any issues and provide any proof that will let's us look into it and search for any in corrections.

Yes it happened online on the cold war server. It happen multiple times. Do you need ingame video? Otherwise there are posts about this in cold war thread.

https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=3771733&postcount=691

https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=3771917&postcount=693

https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=3771939&postcount=694

https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=3771969&postcount=695

https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=3771969&postcount=696

https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=3772360&postcount=698

If you want i can record proof, i can record, no problem!

I have noticed the MiG-21 occasionally shrug off some missile attacks. As far as I remember, most of the ones that don't kill you instantly hit around the spine of the aircraft, which usually knocks out all gryos and cause you to bleed loads of fuel.

I've had experience of surviving more than one missile hit both online and in offline practice.

It's not like the thing's invincible, it's just that hits to the nose or tail are decidedly more deadly than the spine.

Still, I'd like some tracks and most importantly tests of online vs offline experience, to separate just damage model issues from any possible netcode or server side ones.

Rudel is working on the MiG, so I will ask him to take a look.

AMD Ryzen 5900X @ 4.95 Ghz / Asus Crosshair VII X470 / 32 GB DDR4 3600 Mhz Cl16 / Radeon 6800XT / Samsung 960 EVO M.2 SSD / Creative SoundBlaster AE-9 / HP Reverb G2 / VIRPIL T-50CM /

Yes, I can confirm this now too. We are several people flying on Discord here testing it out, it's completely broken right now. Can shrug off several missile hits, keep flying with half the plane completely ripped to shreds, and this happens repeatly.

Edited by VikingTsunami

I was on the same server.

Multiplayer game, I was flying the Mig-21. An F-5E3 fired AIM-9P at me (for clarification, not the AIM-9P-5, the AIM-9P). I was hit once in the right wing, half of right wing was then missing, also on fire, but I still had complete control of the aircraft. The second missile hit the same side of my Mig-21 and the rest of the wing disappeared, but I still had complete roll and elevator control of the aircraft. I did lose the engine and all other systems at this point, but still had complete flight control and was still able to belly land the aircraft.

I will attempt to replicate the conditions and provide tracks.

Going to +1 this thread, I was noticing this in single player the other day. Several tests showed that it could shrug off missile hits like a champ if they were taken on either of the wings.

So now they're as durable as AI fishbeds :music_whistling:

I'm not noticing this and have been able to down some just, now, with the F-5E. What load out are you all giving the Fishbed? I'm just flying it with 4 x R-60s, ASO-2, and 490l tank.

Reformers hate him! This one weird trick found by a bush pilot will make gunfighter obsessed old farts angry at your multi-role carrier deck line up!

Any update on this?

Yes. There is one report in Mantis already and I've forwarded this thread info to devs.

lost both wings and kept flying like a ghost wing. No problems with ailerons.. hahahaaaaa

AWAITING ED NEW DAMAGE MODEL IMPLEMENTATION FOR WW2 BIRDS

Fat T is above, thin T is below. Long T is faster, Short T is slower. Open triangle is AWACS, closed triangle is your own sensors. Double dash is friendly, Single dash is enemy. Circle is friendly. Strobe is jammer. Strobe to dash is under 35 km. HDD is 7 times range key. Radar to 160 km, IRST to 10 km. Stay low, but never slow.