Advanced Checklist + Download

SDeath

Sorry, I didn't want to start an argument here, as I said "I applaud SDeath's checklist".

I'm no LWINN-HOME guy. I too switch on the anti collision beacon and wingtip lights (old habit from F4 :-) prior to starting up the engines to warn the "ground personel" *cough* to stay away from the plane.

Yeah, It's all about immersion.

I just stated that it doesn't matter in which order you have to press most switches.

I'm a friend of immersion and an enemy to checklists.

In driving school we learned that we had to make a walk around the car to check if the tires have enough pressure and everything is O.K. before every drive. Who does that in RL?

As Alpha said - to each his own.

Happy flying ..... or control hovering or whatever! :D

My DCS movies:

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Come on, you know exactly what I mean ...Honestly, who here performs a control hover prior to takeoff? ;)

since i had such problems with the trimming and A/P functions, i actually do the control hover. if i ask ATC for permission for engine start, it seems that i must use all the Tower sub-menu functions in sequence in order to get the following function to work - no takeoff clearance if i did not do the hover check.

cheers...

Sorry, I didn't want to start an argument here, as I said "I applaud SDeath's checklist".

I'm no LWINN-HOME guy. I too switch on the anti collision beacon and wingtip lights (old habit from F4 :-) prior to starting up the engines to warn the "ground personel" *cough* to stay away from the plane.

Yeah, It's all about immersion.

I just stated that it doesn't matter in which order you have to press most switches.

I'm a friend of immersion and an enemy to checklists.

In driving school we learned that we had to make a walk around the car to check if the tires have enough pressure and everything is O.K. before every drive. Who does that in RL?

As Alpha said - to each his own.

Happy flying ..... or control hovering or whatever! :D

:thumbup:

... Go play some Age of Conan or WarHammer man ... stop stirring the pot

- - - - - - - - TO FLY IS HEAVEN. TO HOVER IS DIVINE - - - - - -

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

wow great checklist..

the one question i have is after starting the Right engine,

do you move the Starter Selector Switch to Turbo Gear?

great list and very nice layout..

The "Turbo Gear" starter select switch is used for testing purposes without having to start the engines. This is what the flight manual says :

"When set to the top position, the system is placed in “turbo gear” mode and allows for system tests (generators and hydraulics primarily) without starting the engines. This is generally done only for maintenance and must be requested through a maintenance radio command."

Foxconn BlackOps Intel X48 NB+SB+MOSFET Watercooled | Intel Core 2 Quad Extreme QX9650 @3,8GHz | 8GB Corsair XMS3 Extreme DDR3 @ 1600MHz 7-6-6-17 2T | GigaByte GeForce GTX 470 SOC 1280MB | Samsung 830 256GB SSD | 5x Western Digital Velociraptor 10.000rpm 300GB Raid0 | 2x Samsung 206BW 20" | Saitek X52 Pro | Windows 7 Ultimate x64

Sims :

DCS - KA-50 Black Shark 2

DCS - KA-50 Black Shark Advanced Checklist

DCS - A-10C Warthog Advanced Interactive Excel Checklist

Version 1.2 is in the start post.

Next up is trouble shooting this checklist and some flying myself I've spend more time creating the checklist than flying the beast. =-)

Emergency Checklists will be my next project and after that probably an engagement checklist too.

Edited by SDeath

Foxconn BlackOps Intel X48 NB+SB+MOSFET Watercooled | Intel Core 2 Quad Extreme QX9650 @3,8GHz | 8GB Corsair XMS3 Extreme DDR3 @ 1600MHz 7-6-6-17 2T | GigaByte GeForce GTX 470 SOC 1280MB | Samsung 830 256GB SSD | 5x Western Digital Velociraptor 10.000rpm 300GB Raid0 | 2x Samsung 206BW 20" | Saitek X52 Pro | Windows 7 Ultimate x64

Sims :

Couple of things:

The parking brake is set automatically in a cold start up. Does re-setting it like in your check list turn it off? I had that in my check list initially as well, but I took it out because it's already done. I would have said to check brake pressure, but the gauge stays at zero even with batteries on until the engines are running. I'll have to check on that, since that accumulator should hold presure after shutdown.

Moving on, you don't need to open the crosfeed valve, it's already open. I know that when you push the switch down, the light says "open". That's wrong. I'm hoping that gets fixed in the next patch.

Finally, during the fire extinguisher check of group 3, you won't get an APU light (at least I'm pretty sure it's the APU, do the check and you'll see that one group won't light).

Otherwise, nice checklist, it makes me want to abandon mine. ;)

Couple of things:

The parking brake is set automatically in a cold start up. Does re-setting it like in your check list turn it off? I had that in my check list initially as well, but I took it out because it's already done. I would have said to check brake pressure, but the gauge stays at zero even with batteries on until the engines are running. I'll have to check on that, since that accumulator should hold presure after shutdown.

Moving on, you don't need to open the crosfeed valve, it's already open. I know that when you push the switch down, the light says "open". That's wrong. I'm hoping that gets fixed in the next patch.

Finally, during the fire extinguisher check of group 3, you won't get an APU light (at least I'm pretty sure it's the APU, do the check and you'll see that one group won't light).

Otherwise, nice checklist, it makes me want to abandon mine. ;)

I made the "Parking Brake On" a check item, it needs to be on for start-up.

Same as with the x-feed.

The fire exinguisher item I have to check wich light stays off. I have to do that this evening after work. The manual dicribes nothing like that as far as I´ve seen. Is it a bug or is the manual wrong in this.

Now of to work again.

Sims :

I made the "Parking Brake On" a check item, it needs to be on for start-up.

Yeah, I know. My point is that it's already on, so doing it in your checklist would turn it off, and the gauge shows zero pressure with batteries even with the brake on, so you can't check the pressure on the gauge to see if the brakes a re really on.

Same as with the x-feed.

Yeah, I know. There is a discrepancy in the manual that I'm trying to figure out with AirTito regarding the switch position, so you'll need to ignore my comment on that.

The fire exinguisher item I have to check wich light stays off. I have to do that this evening after work. The manual dicribes nothing like that as far as I´ve seen. Is it a bug or is the manual wrong in this.

The manual is wrong (I think it says all lights should light up for all checks, that would be wrong).

Hi

Many thanks Sdeath :thumbup:

I have just request ...

I want create a mirror link of your file in http://www.checksix-forums.com/showthread.php?t=148855 ?

Can I create has ????? TIA

Sorry for my very bad English :D:blush:

That is no problem at all, I will be updating this thread with all other lists to come. So link to the startpage and all updates or extra lists will be there.

Glad you like the effort.

I'm at work now so I'm gona copy the emergency checklists too from our a/c here, and use them as an example again. Only an engagement checklist will be a bit more problematic, being we don't have guns onboard our offshore a/c. =-)

But with some help I'll figure it out.

But first some flying this evenening when I get back home from work.

Sims :

Yeah, I know. My point is that it's already on, so doing it in your checklist would turn it off, and the gauge shows zero pressure with batteries even with the brake on, so you can't check the pressure on the gauge to see if the brakes a re really on.

Yeah, I know. There is a discrepancy in the manual that I'm trying to figure out with AirTito regarding the switch position, so you'll need to ignore my comment on that.

The manual is wrong (I think it says all lights should light up for all checks, that would be wrong).

Brake hydraulics is a closed system if i'm correct not sure about the parking brake I guess it is too. With my reply I meant to check if the parking brake switch is in it's on position. It's on the front of the cyclic if I'm correct. So the item is now "Check Parking Brake ON" the keyboard buttons are there if for some reason it is not on and you can easliy see what the keyboard combination is to put it on again. Maybe someone put it on by accident. It's in our own Reallife checklists too to check it.

Consider you remark ignored. :)

I'll check tonight about the fire suppression light, and change it in the checklist.

Sims :

Emergency checklist will be a lot of work, it's not as easy as a normal checklist of 4 pages so don't expect this to be done within 2 days; =-)

Emergency checklists we have are more like emergency books for the AW139 it is 110 pages.

With different chapters for each single problem.

Some problems I don't have to use in an ECL for the Black Shark because it doesn't have that equipment or it is not simulated. I don't think there are chip detectors simulated in the Black Shark sim. I didn't see them yet.

So this will take some time to complete, and I have to fit it in between my work and also a study I started a couple of weeks ago for the next 3 years. But I'll do my best to have it done asap. Once I have a rough setup I'll post the "Beta" in this thread too and with some input from you guys we should be able to get something going.

Merry Christmas to you all !!!

Safe flying !!!

Edited by SDeath

Sims :

KLASSE ED !!

Consider this a "a job well done" :thumbup:

Cheers

Bedankt Henk !!!

Vond hem zelf ook wel geslaagd. Hehehe

Fijne feestdagen !!!!

Sims :

It's on the front of the cyclic if I'm correct. So the item is now "Check Parking Brake ON" the keyboard buttons are there if for some reason it is not on and you can easliy see what the keyboard combination is to put it on again. Maybe someone put it on by accident. It's in our own Reallife checklists too to check it.

I have yet to see a check list without it. ;) Anyway, I have verified that if you try to hit the brake or re-set the parking brake, it will release the parking brake. Luckily, the brake paddle (on the fron of the cyclic like you mentioned) is animated, so you can see if it is in the locked (parking brake) position visually.

I'll check tonight about the fire suppression light, and change it in the checklist.

I got off early so I checked, it is the APU light.

I have yet to see a check list without it. ;) Anyway, I have verified that if you try to hit the brake or re-set the parking brake, it will release the parking brake. Luckily, the brake paddle (on the fron of the cyclic like you mentioned) is animated, so you can see if it is in the locked (parking brake) position visually.

I got off early so I checked, it is the APU light.

I'll change it over when I get home, I'm off early too today. I started at 14:00

I saw the handle move so that's why I left it in and made it a check item you can visually check it. If it didn't it would have been harder. =-)

I'm calling the checklist I created a Beginner Advanced Checklist and I will convert it to a Normal Advanced Checklist by removing the location and keyboard assignment column.

This way you have a Reallife checklist anybody can use when they know all the locations already.

When I get home, I'll convert it and put it in the first post.

Sims :

Version 1.3 is online in 2 versions now the Beginner and the Pro version, see the start post for more info.

Sims :

Hi SDeath, great checklist.

One question: Shouldn't the collective checked to low position be before starting the engines on the before startup checklist section. Once I started expecting 70% and was wondering why it went to 90% until it dawn on me I had my collective up. Anyway thats the way I edited mine.

"One question: Shouldn't the collective checked to low position be before starting the engines on the before startup checklist section."

I was thinking the same thing.........because it happened to me today :)

Thanks for your work and for sharing this awesome checklist! I used it today and it really helps me get the feel for firing this baby up and doing it in the correct manner.

~Redtail~

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Hi SDeath, great checklist.

One question: Shouldn't the collective checked to low position be before starting the engines on the before startup checklist section. Once I started expecting 70% and was wondering why it went to 90% until it dawn on me I had my collective up. Anyway thats the way I edited mine.

I'll change it over this evening, I'm off to the inlaws now so will be back tonight.

Sims :

I have not downloaded the latest version of the checklist yet, so pardon me if this has already been fixed.

I believe turning off the Left and Right EEGs is missing from the Shut Down checklist?

Also, it might be useful to have a distinction between a Shut Down and a Secure checklist, where the Shut Down turns off engines, etc., so you can for example refuel and rearm at a FARP, but might keep the APU on and does not shut down the INU, ABRIS, etc., as it would probably happen in real life. Then Secure is where you'd bring all those systems down to shut the bird down for good and go home. What do you think?

Very nice, using it all the time.

However, I disagree with point 2 under shutdown sequences:

CYCLIC NEUTRAL POSITION

this point should be after when the engines have been shutdown because neutralizing the cyclig stick in windy conditions while the engines are running can be fatal. At least if you're not looking outside the window ;)

A-10C, AV-8B, Ka-50, F-14B, F-16C, F-5E, F/A-18C, L-39, Mi-8, MiG-21, MiG-29, SA34, Spitfire, Su-27, Su-33, UH-1H