Update July 18th -> WAGS

muehlema

You obviously were not in the Corps then :thumbup:

Well, while it is to be expected and considered business as usual, it’s still unbelievable...but that can be said about many of the decisions and realities in the USMC and all branches of the military.

However, I have not read anywhere that mentions the lack of ILS capability having an impact on mission capability and effectiveness.

i5 7600K @4.8GHz | 1080 Ti | 32GB 3200MHz | SSD | DCS SETTINGS | "COCKPIT"

Well, while it is to be expected and considered business as usual, it’s still unbelievable...but that can be said about many of the decisions and realities in the USMC and all branches of the military.

However, I have not read anywhere that mentions the lack of ILS capability having an impact on mission capability and effectiveness.

For the ground side we just made the most out of what we had even though our stuff lagged behind the Army quite a bit. I'd imagine the air side takes the same approach. The reality is that with such a small budget, the Corps has to cut corners to get by. Unfortunately these days it's taking it's toll on the airworthiness of it's plane force which last I read was something horrible like only 25% can currently fly.

Edited by fmedges

This is not a bug i believe, but you can read on it as i found back then when new NVG came in 2.5 as i was looking how to adjust it and came across post stating the fact Aviator NVG'S are set to infinity, see see sharp stuff ont he distance, as in RL from what i read, when they wanna read insturments they see form the gap below the NVG, but yess in a Sim it'S hard to do. All major useful stuff in the Hornet can be tuned down for NVG, IFEI, HUD, DDI's, MPCD.

I've worn PVS-15's, and you can easily change the focus distance. It makes no sense that you can clearly read the HUD, but none of the instruments.

Unfortunately that is the way it was with NVGs ( certainly 1992- 2002 ) we read the instruments and radar screen under the goggles. It looks like ED have fixed the goggles view in Wags latest picture so we may finally get useable NVGs .

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

I7 3930 4.2GHz ( Hyperthreading Off), GTX1080, 16 GB ddr3

Hotas Warthog Saiteck Combat Pedals HTC Vive, Oculus CV1.

GTX 1080 Has its uses

You know you can execute instrument approaches with those navaids, right? And that USN/USMC fly TCN or PAR approaches when operating from land bases?

You know in the 1940ies they just flew with stopwatch and map, no problemo... The point was, it would be nice to add the swiss ICLS/ILS to the options. We have the Swiss skins, we operate a lot from land in DCS, if necessary, make it an optional feature to activate in the ME.

But I don't see the need to outright dismiss it... :)

Shagrat

- Flying Sims since 1984 -:pilotfly:

Win 10 | i5 10600K@4.1GHz | 64GB | GeForce RTX 3090 - Asus VG34VQL1B  | TrackIR5 | Simshaker & Jetseat | VPForce Rhino Base & VIRPIL T50 CM2 Stick on 200mm curved extension | VIRPIL T50 CM2 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Plus/Apache64 Grip | MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals | WW Top Gun MIP | a hand made AHCP | 2x Elgato StreamDeck (Buttons galore)

The Target Aircraft is a USN Lot 20, If ED were to Chase Every Country's Specific Export Features, they'd be chasing a never ending Feature Set.

If it's not on the USN Lot 20, then it's a Wishlist Item, that may or may not be added.

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

ASRock X470 Taichi Ultimate, XFX RX6800XT Merc 310 (RX-68XTALFD9)

3x ASUS VS248HP + Oculus HMD, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS + MFDs

The Target Aircraft is a USN Lot 20, If ED were to Chase Every Country's Specific Export Features, they'd be chasing a never ending Feature Set.

If it's not on the USN Lot 20, then it's a Wishlist Item, that may or may not be added.

Nobody said anything about every export feature. The question was, is it possible to add the Option to have the existing ICLS receive ILS, as well as the shipboard ICLS.

No more, no less.

Edit: and I just checked to be sure, this is the wish list thread...

Edit 2: Also ED was creative enough to add an option to set LGB lasercodes on GBU-12/16 for the A-10C for gameplay reasons, while as AFAIK the code is set on a panel on the bomb, and can't be changed mid-air... so they are flexible enough to allow for sensible options. The reason I can see why they can't do it, is development effort (as I don't) know how the ICLS is coded and if it is simply adding "ILS" frequencies etc. But I am not a big fan of "Can't do, as it is 'untrealistic'" as 99% of what we do in DCS has never happened IRL. From Georgia being defended by A-10Cs, F-15Cs and the NATO against an evil russian incursion, to Su-27s and Su-25 fighting the USAF over Nevada, Normandy etc.

Edited by shagrat

Shagrat

Win 10 | i5 10600K@4.1GHz | 64GB | GeForce RTX 3090 - Asus VG34VQL1B  | TrackIR5 | Simshaker & Jetseat | VPForce Rhino Base & VIRPIL T50 CM2 Stick on 200mm curved extension | VIRPIL T50 CM2 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Plus/Apache64 Grip | MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals | WW Top Gun MIP | a hand made AHCP | 2x Elgato StreamDeck (Buttons galore)

Nobody said anything about every export feature. The question was, is it possible to add the Option to have the existing ICLS receive ILS, as well as the shipboard ICLS.

No more, no less.

Edit: and I just checked to be sure, this is the wish list thread...

Because it was moved there, because the feature requested isnt part of the the USN Lot 20 Hornet.

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

• ED Team

Hi guys, a few notes:

1- To be an authentic USN Hornet, we have no plans for ILS, only ICLS.

2- Doing in IFR approach using an offset TCN or placing a wypt on the runway threshold is quite easy. I'll try to do an academic video of this.

3- Later, when resources allow, we'll see about adding an ICLS ground station option.

Thanks and have fun!

Wags

I've worn PVS-15's, and you can easily change the focus distance. It makes no sense that you can clearly read the HUD, but none of the instruments.

The HUD is focused at optical infinity. Just like your goggles should be. It's impractical to adjust your goggles every time you want to glance at your instruments. Just get in the habit of looking around them. I like the new NVG implementation much better than the old one. Much more realistic

Hi guys, a few notes:

2- Doing in IFR approach using an offset TCN or placing a wypt on the runway threshold is quite easy. I'll try to do an academic video of this.

3- Later, when resources allow, we'll see about adding an ICLS ground station option.

Thanks and have fun!

Wags

Thanks for the feedback. ICLS ground station sounds good... as I said, we can do good old map, stopwatch and guts approaches in IMC, but this option would make for a good training aid. :thumbup:

Shagrat

Does we have a weapons update at least in 18th? Because with unguided weapons only, Hornet now is like WW2 era aircraft....

I dont recall seeing AIM-7s or AIM-9's or any type of Radar in WWII Era Aircraft.

Please Keep Criticism Constructive, and Forum Posts on Topic.

Update July 18th -> WAGS

Hi guys, a few notes:

Thanks and have fun!

Wags

To be honest, he does have a point. Although it is a bit tedious, you can build yourself a pretty good non-precision complete with missed approach points if necessary. Using the 3 degree slope you can make waypoints every mile from runway and follow that down if desired.

10 = 3000’

7 = 2100’

6 miles = 1800’

5 miles = 1500’ above threshold

4 miles = 1200’

3 = 900’

2 = 600’

1 = 300’

The beauty of INS/GPS

Addendum: I’m not saying that is REQUIRED. All you need is a waypoint over the threshold, and a point somewhere away from the threshold along the centerline. Typically around 5 miles out. Using the math above you can be as creative as you want. Even create a missed approach point and hold over that.

Addendum #2: I just tested this out of curiosity how it would work in the sim, and my best advice is to put a waypoint on the threshold and use a set course line to follow. For altitude you must use mental math to check yourself on the decent. I’ve been able to easily do about 4800RVR anything lower than that is ‘fun’. I tried 2400RVR and I ended up scud running the last half mile just to see the pavement.

I highly discourage placing multiple waypoints on the final. So far, my experience is it that it causes distraction and frequent deviation from the course since you are constantly changing reference to. I recommend just one point at the runway.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Edited by Eagle7907

Win 10, AMD FX9590/water cooled, 32GB RAM, 250GB SSD system, 1TB SSD (DCS installed), 2TB HD, Warthog HOTAS, MFG rudders, Track IR 5, LG Ultrawide, Logitech Speakers w/sub, Fans, Case, cell phone, wallet, keys.....printer

• ED Team
Does we have a weapons update at least in 18th? Because with unguided weapons only, Hornet now is like WW2 era aircraft....

If it feels like a WWII era aircraft, you are doing it wrong. It was made clear that things would be worked on over time during Early Access, if it doesnt have what you want, you will need to wait till it does.

64Sig.png
Forum RulesMy YouTube • My Discord - NineLine#0440• **How to Report a Bug**

1146563203_makefg(6).png.82dab0a01be3a361522f3fff75916ba4.png  80141746_makefg(1).png.6fa028f2fe35222644e87c786da1fabb.png  28661714_makefg(2).png.b3816386a8f83b0cceab6cb43ae2477e.png  389390805_makefg(3).png.bca83a238dd2aaf235ea3ce2873b55bc.png  216757889_makefg(4).png.35cb826069cdae5c1a164a94deaff377.png  1359338181_makefg(5).png.e6135dea01fa097e5d841ee5fb3c2dc5.png

Because it was moved there, because the feature requested isnt part of the the USN Lot 20 Hornet.
When I posted it was in the wish list thread... I don't know how to determine where it has been posted before, so I find it a bit unfair to pull the "this belongs in the wishlist" card.

But Wags answer is absolutely fine.

I am really no fan of adding every fictious gimmick, especially if the plane would require fictious cockpit instruments etc., but adapting different versions can be quite fun, if done right. That is, where the MiG-21 (top panel for the nukes) or SA342 Gazelle versions do an awesome job.

Again, for me the dominant argument pro or con would be the amount of work required, not so much the "specific" Lot 20 version.

Shagrat

When I posted it was in the wish list thread... I don't know how to determine where it has been posted before, so I find it a bit unfair to pull the "this belongs in the wishlist" card.

But Wags answer is absolutely fine.

I am really no fan of adding every fictious gimmick, especially if the plane would require fictious cockpit instruments etc., but adapting different versions can be quite fun, if done right. That is, where the MiG-21 (top panel for the nukes) or SA342 Gazelle versions do an awesome job.

Again, for me the dominant argument pro or con would be the amount of work required, not so much the "specific" Lot 20 version.

I moved it here 2 hours ago.

11:04, 16th Jul 2018, Thread moved with redirect to 'Wish List'.

That being said, I like the land based ICLS Option, will also allow practice approaches on land runways.

I moved it here 2 hours ago.

That being said, I like the land based ICLS Option, will also allow practice approaches on land runways.

Jepp, that is better than editing something in the Hornet systems.

...and I did check immediately after I posted, and it was already in the wishlist thread. Tapatalk is a bit troublesome, as you don't see these "moved", or "deleted because of rule XYZ" notices, that you have on the forums.

Edited by shagrat

Shagrat

Hi guys, a few notes:

Thanks and have fun!

Wags

Wags thanks.

This is good enough.

I would be glad to have the ground based ICLS. But if resources does not permit, no problem settling for other improvised method.

Edited by Eaglewings

Windows 10 Pro 64bit|Ryzen 5600 @3.8Ghz|EVGA RTX 3070 XC3 Ultra|Corair vengence 32G DDR4 @3200mhz|MSI B550|Thrustmaster Flightstick| Virpil CM3 Throttle| Thrustmaster TFRP Rudder Pedal /Samsung Odyssey Plus Headset