Degraded Su-27 aerodynamic lift - Page 34 - ED Forums

Notices

Old 07-16-2018, 02:44 PM   #331
jackmckay

Sad truth id that ED sells us napkin math under 'simulator'. Atleast they should put disclaimer in the game titled: 'This product is not simulator and can't be taken seriously, all actions learned and all muscle memory gained by playing this game could lead to misleading actions and/or loss of life and physical damage to real life assets if commited in reality. ED does not guarantee viability and accuracy of FM in comparison to actual performance data of referenced flight models. Use at your own risk!'
jackmckay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2018, 02:54 PM   #332
Esac_mirmidon
Veteran

Send a message via MSN to Esac_mirmidon

Or better:

'jackmckay is not a conscious brain and can't be taken seriously, all actions learned and all muscle memory gained by reading this guy could lead to misleading actions and/or loss of life and physical damage to real life assets if commited in reality. Psychologyst does not guarantee viability and accuracy of his brain in comparison to actual performance data of referenced logic brain models. Use at your own risk!'

Sorry, couldnt resist XDD

Its only a joke. Dont take me seriously. Good holyday here were i live.

Windows 7 64 bits Home Premium-Intel 2500K OC 4.6 - GTX 1060 EXOC KFA2 - 16 Gigas RAM 1.600 - 1920x1080

Hotas Rhino X-55 - MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals - Track IR 4

Last edited by Esac_mirmidon; 07-16-2018 at 02:56 PM.
Esac_mirmidon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2018, 03:01 PM   #333
jackmckay

Going to your level esac is not my style at all. Just like throwing perls before swine. I have more selfrespect than that and you should have it too by not givin yourself such discredit.
Old 07-16-2018, 03:03 PM   #334
Esac_mirmidon
Veteran

Send a message via MSN to Esac_mirmidon

Come on ¡¡¡

A little humour jack. Is summer. XD

Sorry again...enjoy life.

Windows 7 64 bits Home Premium-Intel 2500K OC 4.6 - GTX 1060 EXOC KFA2 - 16 Gigas RAM 1.600 - 1920x1080

Hotas Rhino X-55 - MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals - Track IR 4
Esac_mirmidon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2018, 03:06 PM   #335
Vitormouraa
Veteran

I thought you left the forum because no one takes you seriously?

SplashOneGaming is a community of viewers, players, and content creators built on combat flight simulation. Flowing through our veins is years of flight simulation experience in a multitude of different platforms. We welcome and encourage all of you to join us, whether you are seasoned or green, looking to learn, teach, or just trying to find someone to fly with.
Discord
Website
Vitormouraa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2018, 03:15 PM   #336
jackmckay

So I shouldn't take you serously in the summertime? Ok then Good to know that you're on nothern hemisphere .. what I said before as good friendy advice: 'Dont take us seriously - by ED'. and that solves a lot of issues actually happy hollidays esac.
Old 07-16-2018, 03:49 PM   #337
Ironhand
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackmckay View Post
Not just that there are flaws but missing fundimental free body motion physics over basic inertia tensor matrices. Model position and angular velocity values spikes in and around all axes in such way that every time you can say wtf at loud. Models are massles and trajectory control is a myth. Drag/lift curves are not near actual wind tunnel tests - even it would be acceptable error margin of 20% for a rudimental sim by far away from RL software CFD calculation attempts. Model performance is not even close near that crude calculation but way below actual data. The worst thing is that not all geometrically simmilar models preform in simmilar way but each have their own set of rules of physics. Its such a mess there. Next big flaw is actual density of air that greatly affects lift and drag curves thus we have RL climb champions greatly fall behind some ingame models that behave like interplanetary rockets, T/W ratio is completly neglected. Shall we go on structural strenght attempt integration that touches only Su family line by braking glass wing 'feature': pull stuck hard to limit - wings fall off and damn fuel fire goes on (where did that came from?) even weight of fuel is 1t with 2 remaining missiles under belly but on other side some models pull 12g thru all flight envelope without any structural damage. Shell we touch pure balistics of missiles? Test it please. All missiles fall short at 30% of nominal range as deceleration is tremendeous, plane catches 120km range missile after 15 secs of flight. Shall we talk about radar return signature as obviously on some models screaming return signal is silenced as what you optically can see your radar cant even notice. Same story on IR signature. List goes on and on.. Missile guidence and countermeasures resistance is per some modeles close to rule regardles of intercept aspect so eg. just drop pair of flares and youre safe against any inbound IR seeker. Proximity fuse, warhead blast energy impact or cumulative effects are all different per module.. But look this, dcs in its previous incarnations have come pretty close to actual performance charts so they have prooven its cause but during the time things got so biase and polarised that this product does not dserve its titile, and we know that coders are actually capable to come close to actual performance. This game is so toxic that it deserves warning disclaimer. And at the end, some (ed?) guys claiming that DCS is a sim and that customers need to proove it first is such outrageus claim that just cant stand any rational brain. Nobody asked ED to say what methods they have used to acomplish flight model performance but only and only final verification of FM against either RL wind tests or certified software tests-simple as that, and in conclusion the ingame vs real chart data deviation as This post initiative brought up by simple comparison. Its trivial but no ED guy gets that serious so why would customers too, civilian or mil in the same manner. Get real. Bring us proof of simulation or place disclaimers around as everyones intention by critics is not to start lawsuits but to fix what is wrong in this 'sim'. When will ed get that straight?
Somehow I figured you wouldn't actually leave. You're having too much fun.

Win 10 Pro x64, ASUS Z97 Pro MoBo, Intel i7-4790K, EVGA GTX 970 4GB, HyperX Savage 16GB, Samsung 850 EVO 250 GB SSD, 2x Seagate Hybrid Drive 2TB Raid 0.
Ironhand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2018, 04:04 PM   #338
jackmckay

I'm actually supporting my collegues from actual RL industry that actualy can't be taken unseriously in professional field and while not really having so much fun.. It looks more like job of Sisyphus but I cant actually say that I didn't try to warn ED of its (deliberate?) mistakes. My conscience is clear. It's up to ED to deal with incomming tidal wave of complaints. Also, I'm finishing my drawings so this could be called a little digression of a day.
Old 07-16-2018, 05:04 PM   #339
zhukov032186

The incoming tidal wave of complaints? I think you've already covered that singlehandedly
Old 07-16-2018, 05:09 PM   #340
FSKRipper

Sorry to say that but if you guys are the stars of the RL industry we would have no planes which are actually able to fly.

Remembering your unforgotten wheels on grass thread and Mavericks famous (or infamous?) tour through all the FM's of the Mirage, the F-15 and now the Su-27 (beat me if I forgot one ) I have more than serious doubts that anybody of you two guys is more than an aeronautics student in the second year. I could be horribly wrong but this would not make it better in any case...

As it was said before, you guys were never able to prove ED wrong and in dubio pro reo…