Fuel Gage

Habu_69

Does it work? After flying for about 45 min I checked the fuselage gage and it still read full. Ran out of gas soon thereafter.

Never mind. Guess I should RTFM BEFORE posting.

Edited by Habu_69

Yes, it does work. By default you start on your left wing tank. That's the one that got empty after 45 minutes I guess. The gauges for the the wing tanks are in the floor, directly at the seat.

The fuel tank selector is on the front console, behind the base of the joystick.

Remember to switch to the fuselage tank after take off, use it up and then switch to the left / right tanks from time to time to balance the plane.

Starting in the left tank is important because the excess of fuel is returned back to the left tank so you need to have some spare space on it for proper engine working.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• 2 weeks later...

How to read the fuel gauges?

I use TrackIR and I find it impossible to read the fuel gauges. Is there any solution to display the fuel gauges somewhere on the screen, or on a second monitor?

LeCuvier

Windows 10 Pro 64Bit | i7-4790 CPU |16 GB RAM|SSD System Disk|SSD Gaming Disk| MSI GTX-1080 Gaming 8 GB| Acer XB270HU | TM Warthog HOTAS | VKB Gladiator Pro | MongoosT-50 | MFG Crosswind Pedals | TrackIR 5

I found if you have the Z(?) axis in TrackIR accelerated a little, then you can lean forward to see the gauges, in the actual aircraft there's a tension release lever on the left so you'd be able to temporarily loosen the straps to do this, in-case you feel it's unrealistic to be able to lean that far.

Just for the curious, here in a P-51C at 3 minutes in he gives it a mention;

Edited by ouPhrontis

NATO - BF callsign: BLACKRAIN

2x X5675 hexacore CPUs for 24 cores | 72GB DDR3 ECC RAM 3 channel | GTX 1050Ti | 500GB SSD on PCIe lane | CH Products HOTAS | TrackIR5 | Win 7 64

• 2 weeks later...
I use TrackIR and I find it impossible to read the fuel gauges. Is there any solution to display the fuel gauges somewhere on the screen, or on a second monitor?

I use TrackIR and can see all 3 gauges perfectly. Adjust your profile, don't use just default. Here is a good tutorial on how to set up a TiR profile:

P8Z68 | 2500k @ 4.5 | GTX 1080Ti | 2x8 GB @ 1600 | TM Hog (extended 7cm) & MFG Crosswind (S/N 007) | TIR v5

WWII bomber formations | DCS P-51D: [TEST] TO distance / gross weight / temperature