DCS: Black Shark - Q&A **READ FIRST!**

EvilBivol-1

• Replies 699
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On all airlines, when the nose gear dump is decompressed after takeoff, a mechanism help the gear to return to 0°, maybe it's the same thing

This is called a centering cam. Not all aircraft have these things, or not all aircraft have a decent working cam. Airbus sucks at making these. :thumbup:

Does anybody know why the BS has none of these blade thingys that are supposed to cut a cable in the case that the helicopter strikes one and keep it from messing up the rotor?

Good, fast, cheap. Choose any two.

Come let's eat grandpa!

Use punctuation, save lives!

Because it shouldn't be flying into cables? ;)

Does anybody know why the BS has none of these blade thingys that are supposed to cut a cable in the case that the helicopter strikes one and keep it from messing up the rotor?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Reminder: SAM = Speed Bump :D

I used to play flight sims like you, but then I took a slammer to the knee - Yoda

Because it shouldn't be flying into cables? ;)

Sure, so only BS pilots know the ancient art of not flying into cables ;)

Or do cables separate themselves in fear of their flying skills? Reminds me of moses and the black sea.

Edited by sobek

Good, fast, cheap. Choose any two.

Come let's eat grandpa!

Use punctuation, save lives!

• 10 months later...

This would be nice to have. E.g. like squadron markings you can create and choose individually. Same was implemented for IL2 as Nosearts for mostly US-planes:

http://www.thewarthogpen.com/door1.html :smilewink:

Gigabyte GA-Z87-UD3H | i7 4470k @ 4.5 GHz | 16 GB DDR3 @ 2.133 Ghz | GTX 1080 | LG 55" @ 4K | Cougar 1000 W | Creative X-Fi Ti | TIR5 | CH HOTAS (with BU0836X-12 Bit) + Crosswind Pedals | Win10 64 HP | X-Keys Pro 20 & Pro 54 | 2x TM MFD

I have always wondered why the KA50 has NO cable cutters... Way beyond me :noexpression: Look at the Apache its got em all over the place + deflector plates etc so the wires don't get hooked on any gizmo's attached.. It doesn't bother me, the KA50 is what it is, but i do wonder why such a simple engineering process was skipped..

I wondered about this before, but I noticed that the coax-rotors of the KA-50 cause the lower rotor to be very close to the cabin. Even in slow forward flight, it's probably more likely you hit the kabel with your rotor first, than to make it slip into the little space between the lower rotor and the canopy.

And as the Ka-50 has a retractable gear, there is no reason to put one underneath the fuselage either.

Gigabyte GA-Z87-UD3H | i7 4470k @ 4.5 GHz | 16 GB DDR3 @ 2.133 Ghz | GTX 1080 | LG 55" @ 4K | Cougar 1000 W | Creative X-Fi Ti | TIR5 | CH HOTAS (with BU0836X-12 Bit) + Crosswind Pedals | Win10 64 HP | X-Keys Pro 20 & Pro 54 | 2x TM MFD

• 1 year later...
@ Wags,

you think will be possible add Italian Flag in DCS: Black Shark?

Our fighter line include Tornado IDS and F-16, so you don't need to add others 3D model or others thing, ecc... .

I never understood why Italian flag was not included in Lock-On, maybe also Greece.

Thank you in advance and keep good work! ;)

Bye

Phant

Phat,

Hopefully in a later version of DCS (maybe A-10) we will do so. There are several other countries I'd like to add. However, at this time we are in feature freeze... we need to get this project done.

AMEN

:angel:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

http://www.69squadrone.it

S.O: Win7 64bit

MB: ASUS 1366 P6X58D-E (Audio card integrated)

CPU: INTEL Core i7 950 3.06Ghz 8MB

GPU: GTX470 Gainward 1280MB GDDR5 "Golden Sample"

HD: Western Digital 500GB WD5000AAKS 7200rpm 16MB

RAM: DDR3 1333Mhz PC10666 6GB Kingston

Accessories:TrackIR5 6DOF, Hotas Cougar.

• 5 years later...
Not with the current engine. The 6 DOF view options makes water droplets unfeasible and still maintain acceptable frame rates. We'll revisit this with the new engine.

No water drops are not modeled on the Shkval sensor, that will be for another day. However, we wanted to put the wiper options in now and take advantage of them when we can do rain effects right.

Has there been any update planned for this? I liked when Janes LongBow had this modeled and the wiper actually wiped the rain away. Would be a added challenge using the Shkval and flying in adverse weather conditions.

Reaper6

• Like 1

"De oppresso liber"

NZXT Phantom Full Tower, Intel Core i7 4960X Processor(6x 3.60GHz/15MB L3Cache) 20% Overclocking, 64GB DDR3-2133 Memory, NVIDIA GeForce GTX Titan Black-6GB SLI Mode(Dual Cards), Gigabyte GA-X79-UP4 Motherboard, ViewSonic PJD5132 SVGA Multi-Region 3D Ready Portable DLP Projector, Track IR 5, Thrustmaster Warthog, Cougar MFDs.