How is Combined Arms in VR?

sauce plz

Go check the store, they've even removed the references to it supporting VR.

System: 9700, 64GB DDR4, 2070S, NVME2, Rift S, Jetseat, Thrustmaster F18 grip, VPC T50 stick base and throttle, CH Throttle, MFG crosswinds, custom button box, Logitech G502 and Marble mouse.

Server: i5 2500@3.9Ghz, 1080, 24GB DDR3, SSD.

Oh bummer! I remember seeing a forum user posting some images from a mail conversation with ED, where they said they are not planning to fix the VR issues "at the moment" or something like that.

but the store does in fact say "VR Support not currently available for this module."

That's a real shame because I love CA.

It absolutly sucks that you have to quit and restart the game, to drive the ground units.

Especially if you are hosting the mission :(

• Like 1

"Your pumping days are over, Megatron!" -Optimus Prime

"This calls for a very special blend of psychology and extreme violence" -Vyvian

• 2 months later...

VR in tanks is going to be tough especially if you want to say; Run the battle from your A10C while orbiting in VR. Jumping into a tank pit from a VR cockpit is going to have to be a lot smoother.

We need to be able to to suspend the head tracking. Freeze it once in the sight/driver/binocular view. Use what ever view controller binoculars.

It needs a lot of work.

I look forward to seeing progress.

Night Ops in the Harrier

IYAOYAS

• 2 weeks later...

I waved off on buying the Georgia Campaign, because of the no VR support. (Thinking maybe there was an opportunity to give the module some love with that campaign). No worries, I'm having a blast with all the other modules in VR.

MSI MAG Z790 Carbon, i9-13900k, NH-D15 cooler, 64 GB CL40 6000mhz RAM, MSI RTX4090, Yamaha 5.1 A/V Receiver, 4x 2TB Samsung 980 Pro NVMe, 1x 2TB Samsung 870 EVO SSD, Win 11 Pro, TM Warthog, Virpil WarBRD, MFG Crosswinds, 43" Samsung 4K TV, 21.5 Acer VT touchscreen, TrackIR, Varjo Aero, Wheel Stand Pro Super Warthog, Phanteks Enthoo Pro2 Full Tower Case, Seasonic GX-1200 ATX3 PSU, PointCTRL, Buttkicker 2, K-51 Helicopter Collective Control

It sucks in VR. It sucks as RTS. It sucks as Module. The RTS functionality, what functionality exist, could have been rolled into DCSW for all it's worth. Highly disappointed.

I bought it when it first came out and it literally has improved by the most minuscule amount that can objectively be observed.

Why are they not supporting VR?

I think this deserves answer from the developer/producer.

Night Ops in the Harrier

IYAOYAS

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
So nothing works at all in combined arms in VR?

The visual axes are reversed. So you turn left, and the view goes right. You'd think that it's an easy thing to fix, but for some reason, ED have decided that it's easier to not bother and update the description so include the fact that it doesn't support VR.

System: 9700, 64GB DDR4, 2070S, NVME2, Rift S, Jetseat, Thrustmaster F18 grip, VPC T50 stick base and throttle, CH Throttle, MFG crosswinds, custom button box, Logitech G502 and Marble mouse.

So nothing works at all in combined arms in VR?

It's not true that nothing works, you can order units around via the F10 map and you can take third person control of vehicles (press 'Insert' once you get in them). First person view is what's broken - the view axes are reversed (and make you wanna throw up), and none of the sights work correctly (they're in the wrong place, and there's no zoom).

I'll buy it if they support VR properly !!!!!

I bought it right now to support them support VR so you can buy it :thumbup:

I had delayed CA for a long time, avoding to buy too much too early, I was planning to buy something this month, but didn't know what, the Grim Reapers CA tutorial's made me choose it.

But I wouldn't be able to get VR for quite some time, as I need resources for something else (and probably the core of a new PC in a year or so), so my votes go to upgrading CA in general.

Edited by Worrazen

Modules: A-10C I/II, F/A-18C, Mig-21Bis, M-2000C, AJS-37, Spitfire LF Mk. IX, P-47, FC3, SC, CA, WW2AP, CE2. Terrains: NTTR, Normandy, Persian Gulf, Syria

I would love to buy CA. But after playing in VR for more than 2 years, there is just no way I can go back to 2D. Does anyone know if CA will ever be VR ready?

Only ED.

My guess is that ED have a MASSIVE hit list of things to do, and that CA is close to the bottom right of the pile and keeps being de-prioritised. One day, it’ll get fixed.

I would love to buy CA. But after playing in VR for more than 2 years, there is just no way I can go back to 2D. Does anyone know if CA will ever be VR ready?

I'd like to see it too, but I think its at the bottom of their list priority wise, and honestly thats fine by me.

New hotness: I7 9700k 4.8ghz, 32gb ddr4, 2080ti, :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, HP Reverb (formermly CV1)

Old-N-busted: i7 4720HQ ~3.5GHZ, +32GB DDR3 + Nvidia GTX980m (4GB VRAM) :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, Rift CV1 (yes really).

VR for the current Combined Arms features is a non sense. We don’t have internal tank implemented so why ED must work in something is not a must to do priority when there are more stuffs awaited by the whole community?

You will buy it with VR. That’s great news! Who are you? And what represent the VR in CA for the real game play NOW?

Edited by pepin1234

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

VR for the current Combined Arms features is a non sense. We don’t have internal tank implemented so why ED must work in something is not a must to do priority when there are more stuffs awaited by the whole community?

You will buy it with VR. That’s great news! Who are you? And what represent the VR in CA for the real game play NOW?

You can boresight, drive etc. That's being in the game. It sounds like you haven't tried VR. And I get it, you can play the game on a monitor just fine. But you can't *be in it*. And VR makes that happen.

hsb

HW Spec in Spoiler

---

i7-10700K Direct-To-Die/OC'ed to 5.1GHz, MSI Z490 MB, 32GB DDR4 3200MHz, EVGA 2080 Ti FTW3, NVMe+SSD, Win 10 x64 Pro, MFG, Warthog, TM MFDs, Komodo Huey set, Rverbe G1

• 3 months later...
Did they ever fix the reverse VR head-tracking issue?

Nope.

Whilst it appeared to be a dead easy fix, I'm assuming it wasn't, as instead of fixing it, they changed the description on the store page and removed the "VR capable" comment.

• 1 year later...
CA in VR made me feel sick, I just couldn't play it.

Ah, so what we are saying is not much has happened in the three and a half years since I started this thread :thumbup:

• Like 1

i7-7700K/Gigabyte RTX2080/Win10 64bit/32Gb RAM/Asus Xonar DX+Sennheiser HD380pro headphones/LG 34" UM65 @2560x1080/TM Warthog+VKB MkIV Rudder pedals/Rift CV1

• 2 months later...
On 11/8/2020 at 2:13 PM, John Hargreaves said:

Ah, so what we are saying is not much has happened in the three and a half years since I started this thread :thumbup:

Although there is no good news for CA, l just want to thank you for starting this thread anyways. I just started my DCS VR experience some weeks ago and I'm still flashed completely. I thought about CA that I last played some years ago. I imagined how amazing it would be in VR. Well, this thread answers my thoughts and questions. I just hope everything is subject to change....

• Like 1