F-86 Alone or additional immersion added?

Silver_Dragon

My question to Belsimtek team as, in the incoming F-86F Sabre add-on, BSK planned release them alone, similar to the UH-1H and Mi-8 previous add-ons, or can be some new AI objects or features to into the DCS: W, similar to Ka-50 or A-10C additional goodies, to improve the immersion of a accurate timeline or mission design?

Wags mentions in The latest update"Battle the MiG-15, the Sabre’s nemesis"So I believe we'll get an AI Mig -15 at the least.....Maybe a 50's Korea Map??

No Korea map. http://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=2078237&postcount=217

But I would be interested to know, too, what features will be in the package. Maybe BST could, now as the module is officially announced, reveal some highlights? For example, it seems, our Sabre will actually feature the LABS ... might we also get some nukes, too? (pretty please? ;o)

No Korea map. http://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=2078237&postcount=217

But I would be interested to know, too, what features will be in the package. Maybe BST could, now as the module is officially announced, reveal some highlights? For example, it seems, our Sabre will actually feature the LABS ... might we also get some nukes, too? (pretty please? ;o)

I dont think they are modelling the block that carried Nuclear Ordnance, have to double check.

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

ASRock X470 Taichi Ultimate, XFX RX6800XT Merc 310 (RX-68XTALFD9)

3x ASUS VS248HP + Oculus HMD, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS + MFDs

Well the -35 block of the F-86F was actually purpose-built to carry nukes and the cockpit screenshot says it's got controls for LABS. That's the only real difference between the F-35 and the F-30 that served in Korea. They might just not model that part though because, well, nukes.

Well the -35 block of the F-86F was actually purpose-built to carry nukes and the cockpit screenshot says it's got controls for LABS. That's the only real difference between the F-35 and the F-30 that served in Korea. They might just not model that part though because, well, nukes.

Well, that would be exactly my question ... (and hopefully LABS will be modelled nevertheless - and if it is only to let us "practice" fancy maneuvers with training bombs :o)

LABS:

Screenshot from ED'S facebook page:

LABS isnt exclusive to Nukes, But yeah I get what you're sayin'

Edited by SkateZilla

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

Will it have some sidewinders??

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

"Your eyes only see what your mind is ready to comprehend"

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Asus Z170 Pro Gaming - Intel I7-6700K - 16GB DDR4 @ 2400MHz HyperX Savage - Strix GTX 960 DC II 2GB OC Edition - Seagate 1TB

I hope we are going to get the nukes. The LABS delivery system will be very interesting to use. But without nuclear weapons it won't make a lot of sense, dropping conventional bombs this way will be pointless (too inaccurate to hit anything specific).

Pop Ups / Toss Bombing were used in area's that were heavily defended by Anti-Aircraft.....

Fly in Low and Fast, Pop Up, Release Ordinance with upward vector, turn/roll/pull out and escape....

Like I said, LABS wasn't just for Nukes... I dunno why people assume that...

How would you aim a conventional bomb with the Sabre?

Unless there is some other special system installed, I assume with the technique that has been the standard for fighter-bombers until the introduction of computers in the F-16/F/A-18 generation. Dive on target, aiming with a pipper fixed to a preset depression angle, dropping at a predetermined speed, height and dive angle (which are listed in large tables in the tactical manual). Since all the flight parameters have to be met at a exact point in time and space, precision with this is art :) Fun fact, the A-10A, due to the lack of a fire control computer, has been dropping bombs like that as late as Desert Storm (it was upgraded later with CCIP to the standard that we know in FC3).

Pop Ups / Toss Bombing were used in area's that were heavily defended by Anti-Aircraft.....

Fly in Low and Fast, Pop Up, Release Ordinance with upward vector, turn/roll/pull out and escape....

Like I said, LABS wasn't just for Nukes... I dunno why people assume that...

The CEP of that system is probably measured in hundreds of meters. No big deal for a nuke, but pointless for a conventional bomb. Toss bombing conventional munition became tactically useful only with the introduction of computers in early aircraft like the F-111 or A-7E and ultimately the F-16 and F/A-18.

Edited by MBot

Most of the LABS system is part of the now CCRP.

The CEP of that system is probably measured in hundredths of meters. No big deal for a nuke, but pointless for a conventional bomb. Toss bombing conventional munition became tactically useful only with the introduction of computers in early aircraft like the F-111 or A-7E and ultimately the F-16 and F/A-18.

I think you meant 'hundreds'.

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

I always forget how to write "hunderte" in English. It seems auto-correct lead me on the wrong path here :)

I just knew that what you wrote was the opposite of what you intended. :)

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup: