F-86

nick10

I wouldn't expect a near release now that F-15AFM is in tuning stage (I think). It could be by christmas, but fret not.. 21 is May/June 2014 release. I'm trying to study hard and abolish all flying needs to build up a great itch so that when the 21 is released, I'm in my man-cave undisturbed and crashing leisurely.

AWAITING ED NEW DAMAGE MODEL IMPLEMENTATION FOR WW2 BIRDS

Fat T is above, thin T is below. Long T is faster, Short T is slower. Open triangle is AWACS, closed triangle is your own sensors. Double dash is friendly, Single dash is enemy. Circle is friendly. Strobe is jammer. Strobe to dash is under 35 km. HDD is 7 times range key. Radar to 160 km, IRST to 10 km. Stay low, but never slow.

Wow! The F-86 is great news! :thumbup:The F-86 Sabre, F4- Phantom, Mig-21 Fishbed, and Mig-17 Fresco are among my top DCS dream rides. It is good to know that some dreams come true! I wonder if this Sabre is going to feature IR missile capabilities, as it did when it faced the Mig-17?

With Sidewinders ?

F86.jpg

I really hope so.........:thumbup:

Yes! I think that giving the Sabre that capability would really greatly increase the utility of the Sabre add-on, even though I want a Sabre, either way. It would be great if you could sim-fly the F-86 without sidewinders, when up against a future DCS Mig-15, then you could sim-fly the Sabre with missiles, when up against the DCS Mig-21 or a potential DCS Mig-17.

Well,OK,Just One........Since You're Nice:D

sabre80_diaz5_zps8aa464fa.jpg

Is that a picture of the Milviz F-86? The Milviz Sabre looks outstanding, inside and out. I might even reinstall FSX just because of that add-on and I haven't had FSX on m computer in years. Thankfully, Belsimtek is forward thinking enough to save us from our DCS Sabre-less situation. As for Milviz, Milviz seems to have a big jump on developing a F4 Phantom, but yet again for another flight sim. :( Too bad Belsimtek and Milviz, or Milvis alone, can't introduce the Milviz Phantom into DCS. It would be awesome. :pilotfly:

BTW, this is the Milviz Sabre I thought might be in your picture:

Edited by mjmorrow

mh, F86 will be the first module im going to purchase from Belsimtek...im not a chopper guy, thats why i havent bought their former releases, although im sure they are well worth their money, as i heard only the best about them...

really looking forward to the F86.

+1 I am not a chopper guy, though I do find the quality of Belsimtek helicopters extremely impressive. I am without a doubt into the F-86F. She is a solid match for the Mig-15bis and has been known to even down the Mig-21. Also, I am not a great marksman, so having a jet fighter with a Sperry A-1C gun sight will be delightful. I can't wait for news of the release. :thumbup:

+1 I am not a chopper guy, though I do find the quality of Belsimtek helicopters extremely impressive. I am without a doubt into the F-86F. She is a solid match for the Mig-15bis and has been known to even down the Mig-21. Also, I am not a great marksman, so having a jet fighter with a Sperry A-1C gun sight will be delightful. I can't wait for news of the release. :thumbup:

No match for a Gnat though!

Aye! The Folland Gnat is a capable Sabre killer. :cry: Fortunately, during the simulated time period that the Gnat is hunting the Sabre, I will be sim flying a Phantom F4. :devil:

Oh really? And who's making that? ;)

Hmm F86 vs SU27 or Mig 29....one has BVR, the other has....VR...once has AMRAAM type radar guided missles...the other has....6 x .50 cal MGs. I love that there's more a/c coming but seriously...someone's got to consider playability. I've played on a server which has:

- war in Georgia

- russians who have T92s, Strelas, other SAMs

- using....wait for it....F15s (yes), A10s (yes), P51s (what??), UH1s (what??), Mi8s (what??)..etc etc.

Catch my drift?

This is because it's also just fun to fly around in those things and see some traffic and look at others going on their MP earthquake missions. And i myself like to see some UH-1 or MI-8 flying around by a real player. It makes it all more alive and dynamic in this barren DCS world MP games where every added AI can cause framerate drops.

Go in close, and when you think you are too close, go in closer.